My A4 B6 Convertible to RS4 B7 Convertible conversion.

variosso

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hello,

I have my A4 B6 Convertible for around 2 years now and looking at some threads about the above conversion, I decided to go down that road myself. Considering having quite a few stone chips and small dents all round, I thought it may be worth doing the conversion along with a full respray (or vinyl wrap). I just love the agressive look of the B7 RS4. Had an overall look at the OEM parts and they seem quite pricey here in the UK therefore I started an extensive research in my home country. At this stage, I gathered 70% of OEM parts and I was able to purchase them at very reasonable prices. So far I have:

1) RS4 front bumper with fog lights and grilles.
2) Front B7 slam panel complete with radiators and piping.
3) Rear RS4 Convertible bumper with bottom grille.
4) B7 LED headlights.
5) B7 tail lights.

I'm still searching for front fenders and side skirts. I've had a quote from TPS for both and the fenders seem quite expensive at £300+ each (considering the fact they are made from aluminium), side skirts are priced at £127 each, which does not make them too expensive. Just ordered the B7 bonnet at £150 and waiting for it to be delivered to my home address in my country, then I'll put all the parts together and ship them over here.

I managed to find a company doing fibreglass parts for the RS4 conversion in the UK and if I won't manage to find the fenders and side skirts, I'll get the fibreglass moulded parts from them. My only worry is, they may not sit 100% flush with the rest of the body. They also do rear arch fibreglass extensions which I need to make the body kit wide.

What's next? Nice 19' RS4 wheels, decent exhaust (I will need some advice on that), RS4 steering wheel, rear 30mm & front 25mm wheel spacers and of course pick the colour. I really like the ocean blue satin matte.

I know it seems a very long and pricey process and a lot of people won't think the same way I do, but I'm hoping for a good result at the end of the journey.

I will keep you guys updated on the progress along with the pictures, so hope you'll guys enjoy my post and pics and, what's most important, the result. Keep safe and feel free to subscribe to the thread.

Last edited:
i need to sort something out with my exhaust too looks strange the original with rear rs4 bumper and grill, kinda to small.

are the a4 bumpers same across the range, saloon to convertible ???

are the a4 bumpers same across the range, saloon to convertible ???
In A4 B6 front bumpers for saloon/avant and convertible are different. A4 B7 has got the same front bumpers across the range. As far as I know rear bumpers are different for convertibles.

Visited local TPS today for these:

Reactions: H5NND
Al the parts will be with me soon. Cannot wait to start the conversion.

Reactions: DrStrange
You got a link for the rear aches

Reactions: DieselJake
Does anyone have experience with aftermarket headlights with HiDs. I'm concerned about the plastic projector lens. The seller said they are not suitable for use with HIDs??

I had some and fitted 6k hids lasted a few mth before I noticed the plastic melting

get oem

when you buy HIDs its more important regarding the current, go AC not DC

I know it may sound funny but I was thinking about doing the conversion for a long time. Only when I found exactly this car on eBay, made me start the conversion quick.

it does look good:hubbahubba:, even though its a 2.0 diesel, and did have bids up to 10k.

I am thinking about doing mines even though i just bought it, but does the b6 need a lot to make it fresher up front ????

I have also contacted a Hofele dealer and may retain the original front end headlights etc but just changing the bumper and a few other parts, of course many may say why not just buy the b7 but tbh where is the fun in that.

Here is the site i found, the guy is based in Edinburgh and is obviously the middleman but here is some of the parts available.

http://www.superspeed-racelook.com/...i-Tuning/A4-8H-Cabrio:::2348_10391_11287.html

Cant wait to see your progress mate.

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly. I have seen HOFELE bodykits, I asked them directly for a wide RS4 bodykit, it's 5800 euros :D The bumper for B6 is ok but I think I prefer the original RS4 look.

Yeah, exactly. I have seen HOFELE bodykits, I asked them directly for a wide RS4 bodykit, it's 5800 euros :D The bumper for B6 is ok but I think I prefer the original RS4 look.

Please tell me you accidentally tapped an extra 0 or two their :eek: works out at £4352, for that cash you could have it sent to me (in the UK) where we'd get legitimate RS4 bumpers, RS4 buckets, RS4 steering wheel and a whole heap of other stuff fitted and sprayed and still have change for a beer or two. From what I've heard Hofele parts are very poor quality which at the kind of money they charge is ridiculous, also your going to need the rear arches to match if your getting a wide front.

I can't tell you how to spend your money but if your going through with this please consider getting a DTM B7 front instead, it'll save allot of time and money plus it'll be easily mistakable for an RS4.

Reactions: variosso
Please tell me you accidentally tapped an extra 0 or two their :eek: works out at £4352, for that cash you could have it sent to me (in the UK) where we'd get legitimate RS4 bumpers, RS4 buckets, RS4 steering wheel and a whole heap of other stuff fitted and sprayed and still have change for a beer or two. From what I've heard Hofele parts are very poor quality which at the kind of money they charge is ridiculous, also your going to need the rear arches to match if your getting a wide front.

I can't tell you how to spend your money but if your going through with this please consider getting a DTM B7 front instead, it'll save allot of time and money plus it'll be easily mistakable for an RS4.

Great post DiesalJake! What a load of Bollo*cks charging that amount for any front or rear bumper kit! I too checked out Hofele years ago and stayed well clear beause of the non oem extortionate price.

B7 DTM is a great kit by the way. Love the back too (saloon)

Nope, that's how much they charge for the complete bodykit unfortunately. I went for all RS4 genuine, used parts which worked out a lot cheaper than what they asked for. I'm even getting them shipped over from Poland which makes it even less expensive. Parts are fairly cheap there with high availability, literally you can match colours. HOFELE wanted 5800 euros + shipping, forgot to mention :D By the way, I need a RS4 steering wheel. :D

Last edited:
Nope, that's how much they charge for the complete bodykit unfortunately. I went for all RS4 genuine, used parts which worked out a lot cheaper than what they asked for. I'm even getting them shipped over from Poland which makes it even less expensive. Parts are fairly cheap there with high availability, literally you can match colours. HOFELE wanted 5800 euros + shipping, forgot to mention :D By the way, I need a RS4 steering wheel. :D

Thats great that you are able to source the parts from cheaper places and of course OEM. I may need your help in the future when i eventually get around to the front end conversion. Oh yeah...forget Hofele, they are crazy for that price!

No worries mate. If you need anything, let me know. Ideally if you don't want to do the complete RS4 conversion, a genuine DTM front bumper is an option.

Thanks buddy that's kind of you. Im going for the S4 look if anything. I really like the DTM front. I heard all B7 saloon fronts will fit and I dont have to specifically get the B7 cab front?
Your RS4 conversion when complete will look amazing!

Yeah, that's correct, you can use saloon bumper. You need the complete front though, slam panel, headlights, bumper etc.

so the front end from the B7 saloon fits the B6 convertible just to clarify, if the slam panel , bonnet , wings and bumper are used its a straight fit ?

Just the saloon bumper fits I'm afraid. Rest has to be from a convertible, including the slam panel, wings, bonnet.

what about a b6 saloon front bumper, will this fit a b6 vert am curious, or are the wings gona rule that out

If you look up on eBay for b6 saloon and b6 convertible you'll see the difference. They won't fit, same as the wings. For a b6 you have to get the whole convertible front.

Hi Variosso, I read on here a while ago that the 1 thing that can remain as a b6 cab piece is the front wings?! Upon closer inspection I cant tell the difference between the B6 & B7 Cab wing. I can see how sourcing all these parts will be difficult but im up for the challenge.

I'm not sure on the front wings as I went for the RS4 ones which are wider. I had to change them.

Reactions: DrStrange