My A4 B6 Convertible to RS4 B7 Convertible conversion.

Its really coming together now and looking superb. Well done.

How many hours labour do you think you've spent so far?

Last edited:
Its really coming together now and looking superb. Well done.

How many hours labour do you think you've spent so far?
Took us good few labour hours I must admit. We wanted to make it as good as possible so the little things took us most of the time. It looks amazing at the moment, just needs few things done, a good wrap and mission accomplished.

Reactions: rjm180
It's a lot more complicated than I expected but when you're dealing with an experienced mechanic, it is not "Mission Impossible".

Reactions: rjm180
How you gonna make wrap stick to filler ?? And even if you
Prime the filler wrap still won't stick all
That well .. I won't paint over using a wrap 3 years down the line the wrap will look **** and will need redoing

How you gonna make wrap stick to filler ?? And even if you
Prime the filler wrap still won't stick all
That well .. I won't paint over using a wrap 3 years down the line the wrap will look **** and will need redoing
Not sure but from what they told me is that they are going to drop one coat of clear lacquer on the new elements and filler. Vinyl will stick to it.

How's it all going variosso. All done?

great build going on. Was just wondering did you get a B7 cab front panel? or will any b7 front panel work?

look forward to updates, only thing i'm not keen on is the headlights

Good work so far, and good to see more of us doing the B6-B7cab conversion!!

Here's pics of mine before and after....

Here is before

And after

Reactions: rjm180, variosso, THQuattro and 1 other person
Looks really good was wondering did you use a cabriolet front panel or any b7 front panel. Im in the process of doing the conversion. I have the bonnet and wings already.

EEX_4503 - I used bodypanels.com, and found the correct Slam panel for the Cabrio. Although, they are pretty much all the same for Cabrio and Saloon, the only difference is the engine types.

Example 1.8 petrol needs a 1.8 petrol slam panel
2.5 tdi needs a 3.0 tdi slam panel etc etc

Are the b7 cab lights a straight swap into the b6 cab?

Are the b7 cab lights a straight swap into the b6 cab?

U fortunately not - however I found a brilliant wiring diagram, allowing me to change the pins from B6-B7.

The connectors are the same, but the wiring order is very different.

GREAT conversion Taff! Welcome to the forum mate.

I'll be doing this conversion probably next year when I tune my engine a little first. (1.8t)

To finish off 'the look' i'd probably get the b7 cabriolet rear valance to match. As you've got the non s-line kit bumper i'd go for this b7 cab rear valance (below)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-C...894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c516555d6

But again...GREAT f*cking work on converting your car!

Reactions: Taff2015
GREAT conversion Taff! Welcome to the forum mate.

I'll be doing this conversion probably next year when I tune my engine a little first. (1.8t)

To finish off 'the look' i'd probably get the b7 cabriolet rear valance to match. As you've got the non s-line kit bumper i'd go for this b7 cab rear valance (below)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-C...894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c516555d6

But again...GREAT f*cking work on converting your car!

Cheers DrStrange!

Yes rear valance is definitely on my to do list, which looks like:

• red roof and interior leather red
• black dashboard / door cards
• rear valance (carbon fibre)
• engine cover (custom carbon f)
• cummins injector nozzles
• up rated turbo
• EGR Blank
• custom remap

And that's it..... For now

Reactions: DrStrange
Cheers DrStrange!

Yes rear valance is definitely on my to do list, which looks like:

• red roof and interior leather red
• black dashboard / door cards
• rear valance (carbon fibre)
• engine cover (custom carbon f)
• cummins injector nozzles
• up rated turbo
• EGR Blank
• custom remap

And that's it..... For now

Great list of mods to come Taff!

Im guessing you have a diesel ? Displacement ?

Dan.

Hi Dan!

Yes derv all the way!

It's the 2.5 V6 TDi (163 bhp BDG Engine)

Craig

Awesome!

If you want ANY advice on your engine, speak to Adamss24 on here. He knows Audi Diesels like the back of his hand!:yes:

You can do a lot with your V6 TDI!!

..sorry Varioso for the Hi-Jack thread

Reactions: Taff2015
Awesome!

If you want ANY advice on your engine, speak to Adamss24 on here. He knows Audi Diesels like the back of his hand!:yes:

You can do a lot with your V6 TDI!!

..sorry Varioso for the Hi-Jack thread

Awesome!!

Thanks for the heads up, I will most certainly be giving him a shout :)

Cheers again!

Hey Guys, it's been a long time. Wow, I can see the thread really picked up. I haven't had much time lately with a new job and commitments so I delayed the conversion a bit. The car is now back in the bodyshop and I'm hoping to get it resprayed by the end of the weekend. I've been thinking about a full respray vs. body wrap and came to a point where I decided to get a complete respray in original audi black. I'll post some pics up soon.

Nice to hear all still on track with the conversion mate. Was starting to think things had gone wrong and you'd moved on to something else. As always we are all looking forward to more updates, pics and the end result. Good luck and keep up the good work.

I think I went too far with it now. Don't want to drop the project now. Still thinking on these aftermarket headlights though. I actually prefer the original xenon look I think.

Definitely think its a good idea keeping the same colour and having it sprayed.

I cannot fault you for going for the original colour re-spray. Good choice :)

Just a few pics before the respray.

Attachments

• IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    561.9 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: V6 Quatt, DrStrange and rjm180