My A4 Build Thread........

DJM1982

Reaction score
Right, I've been a member of ASN for around 18months and thought it about time that i do a proper build thread. Although its not as extensive and expensive as some on here (saving for a deposit puts pay to that)
I bought the car as a sensible run around (previous car was a CupraR running 270bhp) as i needed a more eco car as i changed location of work and am doing over 600miles per week in it. I have owned the car for around 18months and covered over 65,000miles with only a few minor issues.

My Car as i bought it:
Audi A4 B7 2.0TDi (140) Sline.
A4_001.jpg

A4_002.jpg

First up for a remap at AMD essex
A4_003.jpg

A4_004.jpg

Continued......

I bought a meg's DA polisher and here are the results of my first attempt:
Before Pics:
A4_006.jpg

A4_008.jpg

A4_009.jpg

Afters:
A4_010.jpg

A4_011.jpg

A4_012.jpg

A4_013.jpg

I then bought some hammerite from halfords and painted the front calipers:
A4_014.jpg

A4_015.jpg

Continued..............

Headlight bulb blew so bought these:
A4_016.jpg

A4_019.jpg

A4_018.jpg

A4_021.jpg

A4_022.jpg

A4_023.jpg

Then my heater matrix packed up at just the wrong time:
A4_025.jpg

So had to resort to temp heater from the 12v socket, brrrrrrrr !!!
A4_026.jpg

A4_027.jpg

Continued.....

Car passed 100,000miles.
So gave the engine bay a good detail:
A4_024.jpg

A4_033.jpg

A4_034.jpg

Then bought some new boots all round as were very very low on thread with MOT appoaching:
A4_028.jpg

A4_029.jpg

A4_030.jpg

A4_031.jpg

A4_032.jpg

Continued........

And that bring us on to today:
Bought some Led side lights and fitted them
A4_035.jpg

Before
A4_036.jpg

After
A4_037.jpg

During
A4_038.jpg

Finished
A4_039.jpg

A4_040.jpg

And finally added a few stickers to brighten it up alittle (i know these won't be to everyone's taste, and the probably won't last long eithr, but just abit of fun really)
A4_041.jpg

A4_042.jpg

A4_044.jpg

A4_045.jpg

As i say, most of my money is spent on Diesel to get myself to and from work, and maintence keeper the beast running, but hopefully in the next couple of months i can start moving things on at a faster pace, with lots of inspiration coming from you guys on here:

My plans are:
Wrap the chrome to gloss black
Lower on 30mm springs
Speacers from and rear
Wheel refurb (undecided on colour)

Thanks for reading, all comments welcome.
Cheers......................

looking good
i would ditch the stickers tho

Stickers look nice, only not on the saloon but on the avant!

Where did you get all your stickers from mate? i want some myself.

looks good, very clean!

Where did you get all your stickers from mate? i want some myself.

looks good, very clean!

------------------
Wheelwhores come from the Wheelwhores forum, Pistonheads come from the pistonheads forum, some came from tongemotorsport, and alot of searching on ebay etc. They are out there if your willing to look around, i'll try and find the links later when i get in from work.

As i say, the stickers won't be to everyones taste, but atm i'm liking them as they bring alittle bit of fun and colour to the Dirty Diesel. But for how long i like them i don't know, haha.

Looks good made, loving the change the DA and the bay clean made!

Quick suggestion for future pic whoring reference though mate, use the colour selector to select the same white as you're number plate, then use that to blank you're plate rather than a scribble of black lol :)

Looks good made, loving the change the DA and the bay clean made!

Quick suggestion for future pic whoring reference though mate, use the colour selector to select the same white as you're number plate, then use that to blank you're plate rather than a scribble of black lol :)

Yeah i was well pleased with the results of my first attempt with the DA, that was at the end of last summer, have ordered some better polish and pads and will be attacking it again, as winter has defo taken it toll on the paintwork again.

Sounds like you are a perfectionist mate. Duely noted about the blanking of number plate.

I'm most impressed with the range showing 870 miles!!!!!! Have you fitted an extra fuel tank aswell?????

I'm not a complete perfectionist.....but I'm getting that way lol :lmfao:

Have thought of a cheap mod for you though, would suggest the battery cover and rs4 screen wash / power steering cover.

I'm most impressed with the range showing 870 miles!!!!!! Have you fitted an extra fuel tank aswell?????

This is after the remap and after a fill, and went straight into the roadworks on the m1, doing a steady 50mph all the way down. I would never get that, my best miles per tank is 724

I'm not a complete perfectionist.....but I'm getting that way lol :lmfao:

Have thought of a cheap mod for you though, would suggest the battery cover and rs4 screen wash / power steering cover.

I have the part numbers for these and they are on my 'to buy' list. Which is growing by the day, but so far the house deposit is taking up all my money, grrrrr !!

I've just purchased the 'Dublife' pink sticker but it's only just come to me. Can they be used internally?

the one i bought can't be fitted internally unless you only want them readable from the inside, might be worth contacted the company to see if that can produce and internal sticker for you.