My A4 S Line Avant 170 Special Edition

A4DRB

Reaction score
Hi guys, this was originally posted in the B7 forum but I thought I'd post it here too. Not a lot gone on so far but here's where I'm up to..

I've been on here a few months now so thought it was about time I made a thread on my car. Not a great deal has happened yet, but here's what I've done so far

So a few months ago I picked up my 08 A4 S Line Avant Special Edition jobby, with the black optic pack. 6 Speed, 2 tone leather, different pedals, black headlining and pillars, Audi nav plus, no exterior chrome apart from the rings etc etc. I'm the 3rd owner and it's been well looked after in its life. The only real issue is there is slight paint bubbeling on 3 arches but it's going back to Audi in a few weeks to get done under the 12 year warranty :)

Here's a few pics of when I picked it up

2n65cte.jpg

33y4yew.jpg

I had a mate give it a full machine polish as it did have quite a lot of swirl marks

2eqb3mf.jpg

zv2xj7.jpg

A leon Cupra R spliiter was then fitted

f0s1z7.jpg

I was never a fan of the brushed steel effect trim in the otherwise all black interior, so I bought some gloss black ones out of a Quattro. I replaced the Quattro badge with a nice black S Line one too. I'll just need to get the ash tray covers and gear knob surround wrapped to match now. I also bought a new light switch surround as mine had a bit of paint peeling. A mate off another forum also sent me some black Audi Rings, unsure if I'll use them yet though.

iz3l1w.jpg

9hmerb.jpg

It looks much better in there now

n4xhmb.jpg

New rear discs & pads, front and back wipers and had the EGR cleaned and replaced the gasket whilst it was out, we didnt bother splitting the EGR so there was no use for the O ring and the paper gasket on the smaller pipe was fine. The part numbers are below if anyone is needing them. It's also had an oil and filter service

v5akpd.jpg

Picked up some genuine BLQ's in 19'' today ready for next year, they'll be getting a colour change before they go on. Got them for a great price so couldn't pass it up. I've also had the front wings replaced under Audi's 12 year corrosion warranty. Although I had to contribute 30% to it, still a lot cheaper for me though.

muwzea.jpg

hi nice car wish id gone for black as ive got silver where did you get your spliiter from as loads on bay if you have a link would be great

That looks smart mate, you've done a good job. Not long bought one myself although not the avant. Like the new wheels what are they called and how much? Show us a pic with them on

Although I had to contribute 30% to it, still a lot cheaper for me though.

If you argue the toss you could of had it done FOC as the warranty clearly says its a FOC repair. Im currently having my roof skin an top top chassis rails done for nowt.

I was told it would cost me 30% to repair there **** paintjob.... my answer was a definitive get funked.

If you argue the toss you could of had it done FOC as the warranty clearly says its a FOC repair. Im currently having my roof skin an top top chassis rails done for nowt.

I was told it would cost me 30% to repair there **** paintjob.... my answer was a definitive get funked.

tbh mate I've been thinking about contacting Audi and questioning why I even had to contribute, so we'll see how it goes.

That looks smart mate, you've done a good job. Not long bought one myself although not the avant. Like the new wheels what are they called and how much? Show us a pic with them on

They are Rotiform BLQ's, I havent put them on the car yet as it is still the standard height. So not much point until the coilovers are on. Plenty pics online though if you want to do a search :)

tbh mate I've been thinking about contacting Audi and questioning why I even had to contribute, so we'll see how it goes.

I would, not as if you have much to loose. I must admit, its been an utter mare for me.

Claim has been going on over 3 months now, car has been sitting in a bodyshop for 3 weeks with no work done as the outside independant company they use to asses severe corrosion STILL havent had a look at the car to confirm new roof skin or not.... the guys at bodyshop have told me the repair cost will definetly exceed the vehicle value by a long shot also.