My A5 Small improvements

Dave the wheels look miles better, just dechrome the rest of it now :whistle2:

Reactions: Audidave69
New winter wheels have arrived
dcf7b9eea3a6e4370149974270da0278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bmullan, S32B, Audidave69 and 3 others
Great thread! Did you ever manage to find a better colour match for the aluminium vinyl wrap on the front fog trim?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Great thread! Did you ever manage to find a better colour match for the aluminium vinyl wrap on the front fog trim?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No I ended up covering the original with the same vinyl so you’d be hard pushed to notice.
EFF678C9 0CE0 4C08 92BA A6AC7D86C454

Not quite a small improvement - but more of a small frustration, my car was keyed today.

Bit hard to say how much the damage will cost but with this in mind, the cost goes up because of my wrap. Now a new wrap is being toyed with, yellow or green though.

Attachments

• IMG_6435.jpg
    IMG_6435.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Gutted for you :(
Has it gone beyond the wrap into the paint?

Was parking up the other day against a very scary kerb on drivers side and thought it would be helpful if you could dip the drivers side mirror same as the passenger side, so thought I’d have a go at coding it to do this, result it works !!!

Coding done with OBDeleven
Drivers control module 42

Mirror_lowering_with_rear_gear_change >activate

Positioning_memory_with_rear_gear > activate

Another niggle is when my other half is in the passenger seat she likes it moved forward slightly, but when coming out of a junction when I’m driving in my own the seat obscure’s my view.
I coded move passenger seat from drivers side using MMI, but it’s a massive faff moving it back all the time, so I wondered about coding easy entry to passenger side.
Now when passenger gets out the seat moves back out of the way and stays there until they get back in and close door, then it moves forwards a few inches.

Coding again using OBDeleven
Passenger control unit 06

Easy_entry_front > activate
Enabling_easyentry_front_seat_by_bcm > activate

Two very small improvements that make things better :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Derboy, rasA4 and Adam14
Excellent mods. I take it you need memory seat?

I think you can code the easy entry to work without memory button
By coding store settings on key in MMI
I had this working before I fitted and wired memory buttons so it moved seat/mirrors depending what key you used, and the easy entry started working at the same time, before this it did nothing.
As for the mirror dip I think it only works on folding mirrors.

Reactions: rasA4
I think you can code the easy entry to work without memory button
By coding store settings on key in MMI
I had this working before I fitted and wired memory buttons so it moved seat/mirrors depending what key you used, and the easy entry started working at the same time, before this it did nothing.
As for the mirror dip I think it only works on folding mirrors.
Was it an easy mod to add the memory seats? I know the S5 already has the electric seats. Assume new door cards for the buttons etc. Currently my S5 doesn't save the seat position, mirrors etc with my key. My parents A6 does but that also doesn't have memory seats.

Now that's forward planning, it's only 1st june ;):p

Nice slippers by the way :D
Yup, winter tyres will be next. Need in advance of the trip to Germany over Christmas
Thanks

Not sure if it's gone beyond the paint until the wrap comes off, also thrown in a dent into the rear quarter which looks like an elbow.

Cleaned my car yesterday and the colour still is a beaut, just debating if the green or yellow I want to go would be 'too much' for a 2.0 TDI (albeit stealth)

Now I want a new car, Apart from the touch screen as it would play havoc with my OCD :)

My babe of three years has left me, gone to a good home, I hope :)
I’ve enjoyed my time adding a few extras to her and helping others do the same.
Thanks for all your support and help over the years and hope I can still help anyone else who’s struggling to figure stuff out.
I do have a few bits I managed to remove, dimming mirrors, b&o led speaker grills and loads more stuff I’ll be posting in the for sale soon if anyone is interested.
Dave

Reactions: Raahul, crazylegscrane, Jcbmally and 1 other person
My babe of three years has left me, gone to a good home, I hope :)
I’ve enjoyed my time adding a few extras to her and helping others do the same.
Thanks for all your support and help over the years and hope I can still help anyone else who’s struggling to figure stuff out.
I do have a few bits I managed to remove, dimming mirrors, b&o led speaker grills and loads more stuff I’ll be posting in the for sale soon if anyone is interested.
Dave
lucky you didnt have A5 in your username, I'm sure you made the right move for you look forward to the next chapter

Mines gone a new colour after a prang at Christmas, had to have the car repainted before the wrap was removed but we're good to go!

IMG 9511

IMG 9526

Reactions: CHEZ, Jonnie and Jcbmally
There's some more in the picture thread pinned to the top bud :)

It was a wrap, in 3m matte dark grey, it's come off now after someone hit me at Christmas.

It's pretty much the Daytona grey matte Audi did on the RS6 Avant.

Original rear dual usb and 12v :)

Partnumbers:

5Q0035726L dual usb
8W5943324A faceplate

These should be correct.
213728492a01abde3d7df0b0ee75ea1b.jpg
0aacaa581526221020e3386f819c8f47.jpg
7e534ce6f1078129b624053cfaad3737.jpg

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Hi - I am trying to fit this to my 2017 S5 B9 which is fitted with a smokers pack but my local Audi dealership is struggling with the part number for the dual face plate above. The part number on the invoice above is different to the one listed in the invoice and when searching it only shows a central 12V socket. Has anyone successfully sourced the dual usb version in the picture?

Thanks in advance

Wasn't that modification done on an A3 as opposed to the A5? Do you actually use the lighter socket? If the answer is no, then I found a completely flush mounting dual USB adapter that plugs into the lighter socket. It doesn't project out very much. And given the OEM rear dual USBs are only for charging, this could be a cheaper / quicker solution.

In any case, I think the trim piece will be something like 8W0863324A as for the A5.

Last edited:
Thanks - I will try again at the Audi dealers and failing that revert to your suggestion.

Look on Amazon for this one. That's what I got and it works perfectly.

Tronsmart
Car charger,Tronsmart C24 24W 4.8A Dual USB Ports Flush Fit Car adapter Fast Charging Cigarette lighter usb charger,Smart Mini usb cigarette adapter Compatible with all ios and android devices - Black

Thanks - I will try again at the Audi dealers and failing that revert to your suggestion.

So the part is in and it is the right one with the two usb sockets. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to remove the smoking unit and replace it? Do you need to remove the vent and whole panel. If so how is this done?

Thanks in advance!

Did you order the part I listed above?

Yes to get to that trim panel you basically need to remove everything in that area. You'll find instructions for that in the Audi manuals.

Yes - it was the part number you listed above. Picking it up next week.

New gloss black splitter finally fitted.
b7bfe6c1ad23ba85c2ddd95d81cc995a.jpg

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk