My A5 Small improvements

With everything that's gone on this year my A5 is going back in the next few months and the strip down to standard has started.

Those who have seen my progress updates and bits added to the thread may be interested.

I've got the following up for grabs if they are of any interest;

OEM 19 S5 Wheels with Tyres
OEM RS5 rear boot spoiler in gloss black
Aftermarket RS5 style grille in gloss black with chrome rings
Interior Carbon Inlays - I would need your inlays in return for any deal on these to be supplied.

£400 for the inlays and £150 for the spoiler bud.

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 512
Last edited by a moderator:
With everything that's gone on this year my A5 is going back in the next few months and the strip down to standard has started.

Those who have seen my progress updates and bits added to the thread may be interested.

I've got the following up for grabs if they are of any interest;

OEM 19 S5 Wheels with Tyres
OEM RS5 rear boot spoiler in gloss black
Aftermarket RS5 style grille in gloss black with chrome rings
Interior Carbon Inlays - I would need your inlays in return for any deal on these to be supplied.

Hi @Benji315

Do you still have the grille? If not, do you know where I can source one that will fit the 2017 S5 SB, without having to hack away the crash bar behind it, to fit the parking sensors. Heard horrors about finding the right one and don't want to end up in the same boat!

Thanks
G

Hi @Benji315

Do you still have the grille? If not, do you know where I can source one that will fit the 2017 S5 SB, without having to hack away the crash bar behind it, to fit the parking sensors. Heard horrors about finding the right one and don't want to end up in the same boat!

Thanks
G
You'll have to alter the crash bar foam mate, I ordered a second one and got it cut to fit, wasn't much and fairly simple with a Dremel!

Ok so Just to bring all the memory seat stuff together, as some of you know i`ve been trying to get easy entry seat working for a long time, I did the coding and yes it brings the option up in MMI but as most of you know it doesn`t work on most of our cars!

So after a lot of code surfing i found the part that make`s this work, but then thought why not add the button for full memory seats.

This was done using OBDeleven and my car is Audi A5 coupe, so there may be difference on sportback/A4

First I ordered 1 X Switch
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...711.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7qP
(please note there is a mistake in this listing Left fits Audi A4 and A5 B9 Right hand side)

1 X Connector plug
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10P...5598.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7q

Then you need the switch trim cover this depends on model trim and options ie side assist and so on

This is a good guide to removing door panel https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...arning-light-remove-door-panel-b9-a4-2915685/

Wiring
pin 1 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 17 on control unit J386 mounted in drivers door
pin 2 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 15 on control unit J386
pin 3 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 19 on control unit J386
pin 4 ground, I used pin 1 of Drivers lock button brown wire This need`s to be spliced and soldered.
pin 5 depends on year of car, so it could be pin 1 or pin 4 on control unit J386 it will already have Blue/Brown wire, so again it needs splicing and soldering.

Coding
Seat control unit drivers side 36
Byte 2 bit 0-1 This is MMI part (This should now make easy entry work)
Long coding p_button_memory This is to turn on switch.
Long coding p_button_location change to internal This activates memory part of switch.
Long coding acoustic_feedback_if_stored This makes it Beep when you store each position.

Hi Dave,
I was starting researching about memory seat, because I'm going to replace external mirrors, so I was trying to figure out if I can use memory seat enabler mirrors with current setup until I install everything..
Do you know it?

Any case, here just mentions to wire buttons to J386, and after coding works? the mirrors works accurately?

PS: I saw there is an additional module for electric seat when are memory equipped, you are not mentioning, is working fine without it?

TIA

When I had the door cards off I noticed that memory switch trim had two optical light tubes, one red for side assist the other unused as I don’t have extended light option, so as I had some spare light modules I thought I’d light them up.
View attachment 163293
Hello,

Can you please provide more information on activating the white led tube that’s preinstalled?

1. once we got the led module, is this plug & play? did Audi provided a switch where we can can connect the other end of the led module? Or some wiring needs to be done? Can you be more specific please?

2. 8W0 947 356 F are ok for longterm always-on led tubes?
Acording to some AudiWorld post:
To light the fibre optics, I ordered the same LED modules used for the exit warning system in the door panels. This means the red colour is consistent throughout the entire cabin. These LED modules are specifically designed for illuminating fibre optics (this is how the exit assist light bars also work) so they were perfect. The part number is 8W0-947-356-C, I used one for each of the fibres.
Since this part is used for the exit assist, it's only designed to blink quickly for a few seconds. It's a very bright LED but will warm up quickly if lit constantly, this can shorten the life of an LED so I added a simple 180 ohm resistor to the positive wire. The LED now lights brightly and stays cool.
Don’t know if it’s the same part (a revision) or totally different part.

I have QQ1 and side assist with exit warning red tube lights.

Thank you

All I had in drivers seat setting was automatic belt tensioner
Then I added coding for easy entry, this added option in MMI but it would not work.
Then added Byte 2 bit 0-1 this added store settings on remote controls key
This then made easy entry work.
But when I added memory seat switch, it needed the extra coding to work.
I now have extra options
View attachment 163197
And when I press set on memory button I get red led then press 1 or 2 it confirms with beep and I also get info on MMI
My 2017 A5 convertible has the electric seats, I've been trying to get the memory seat function to be stored in the keys, without having to install the switch in the door. Easy entry option is now in the MMI, but I see no movement from the seats. I activated also the remote control key store setting, but in the MMI the setting had a notice of not functional.
Am I'm missing something? Do I need to install some cabling? Or I'm missing some coding?

Thank you for your help, you're really doing some nice work.