My A6 Has A Couple of Issues...

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had my A6 about 4 weeks now and love it but there are a couple of issues that are annoying me.
Firstly when its warm the steering gets squeaky!? I've tried changing the position but there's no change. The noise is coming from where the wheel itself meets the column.
The second issue is that in built up areas the radio reception is terrible! I've had a look at the antenna's condition and the connections and everything looks fine!?

Any help would be great!

The squawking sounds like the steering column cowling needs adjusting

The poor radio reception, that will possibly be the antenna boosters, of which their are several.

Common noise on the 4F's is the slip ring itself, if you do a google search you'll find that you're not the only 4F owner with the issue.

For the antenna you will need the car on a diagnostic machine, preferably VCDS.

Hi guys,

I've had my A6 about 4 weeks now and love it but there are a couple of issues that are annoying me.
Firstly when its warm the steering gets squeaky!? I've tried changing the position but there's no change. The noise is coming from where the wheel itself meets the column.
The second issue is that in built up areas the radio reception is terrible! I've had a look at the antenna's condition and the connections and everything looks fine!?

Any help would be great!

This may help with your noisy steering wheel. - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...ring-wheel-slip-ring?highlight=steering+wheel

Where do I find these and how do I know which is the culprit?

Two FM ones in the tail gate on the sides, behind the upper trim (n shaped)

If you look behind the n/s boot trim panel where the amp is located, look up, you will see a booster at the bottom of the window
There is a booster on the o/s on the upright section of the rear quarter Window newr where the rear door is.

If you look on ETKA online (or similar) you can see the rough locations

Tom