My Adventures in Plasti Dip

Is there any particular prep to be done on the wheels before there are dipped, other than ultra clean?

That's been my issue all winter.
Not touched the stuff.
Need to get back on it. Got a back log of jobs.

Mine too. I have a full box of Plastidip just waiting to go but the only time I've had a good day to dip anything was after a late, heavy night on the booze so I managed to sleep through the sunshine :(

Is there any particular prep to be done on the wheels before there are dipped, other than ultra clean?

Just clean it but if you have flaking paint or curb damage it is recommended to get that repaired before.
You can dip over the top of it if you want but it will show through.

Do they do gloss colours?
I want to paint the chrome window surrounds on my A4 B8 gloss black. Also wheres the best place to buy it?
Cheers

0ac9ad8d3c55b48db351d4279ff505af_zps08317a04.jpg

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Hey Scott, these are for you.......... Boom.......
8dfe9b454fbe7fc951bf7cb330f95132_zps0fabc9d1.jpg

ab60b86f79ffe1fdb0a8098520a58075_zpsf699f038.jpg

american's doing it bigger n better baby........ think to good weather helps them, what a finish.......

Hey Scott, these are for you.......... Boom......
american's doing it bigger n better baby........ think to good weather helps them, what a finish.......

Very nice.
The weather and the fact its like half the price of what we pay.
Its sucks at times.

I might move to the states and full fill my addiction.

Looks good, but I'd love to see it with the doors open.

Very nice.
The weather and the fact its like half the price of what we pay.
Its sucks at times.

I might move to the states and full fill my addiction.

ha ha, you and me both...... cracking day today though. Danny-boy makes a good point, doors open might sell it very short.
Cracking looking finish though.

I love the blue patch on the garage floor, with four wheel marks left unpainted! :)

That s4 does look great though. And the weather is about THE only thing that could ever convince me to move to the good old US of A. I'm currently living the dream in west yorkshire!

I love the blue patch on the garage floor, with four wheel marks left unpainted! :)

That s4 does look great though. And the weather is about THE only thing that could ever convince me to move to the good old US of A. I'm currently living the dream in west yorkshire!

Brilliant third-eye spot...... Never noticed the garage floor, brilliant:thumbsup:

Hmm, I dunno - that blue s4 looks like my anti-static mat to me, or like it's been wrapped using blue latex gloves.

Each to their own but matt finishes are not really to my personal taste...sometimes it works, but for me it usually doesn't. And definitely not in proctologists latex-blue! Looks like it needs a daub of KY jelly! :)

Reactions: robbiemac
Hmm, I dunno - that blue s4 looks like my anti-static mat to me, or like it's been wrapped using blue latex gloves.

Each to their own but matt finishes are not really to my personal taste...sometimes it works, but for me it usually doesn't. And definitely not in proctologists latex-blue! Looks like it needs a daub of KY jelly! :)

I think you're right and photo's should only be taken from behind:whistle2:

i think this is something that im going to get addicted to , cant find anywhere that has black in a aerosol if anyone knows where they have some in stock give me a shout looking for the glossifier too going to try and do bit of the interior on my car (attempt a piano black finish) :laugh:

Plasti-dip Uk got stock of black in a couple of weeks ago and it was sold out in hours.

Thankfully I got myself 2 cans.

was looking on there facebook page about an hour ago and it says u can pre order the out of stock items by just adding em to your basket , im thinking this is what im going to have to do

That's exactly what I did.

Called them up to get a timescale and then ordered as normal. Took about a week to arrive.