My Audi A5 S5 Coupe Mods

Curious on people's thoughts. Got the standard black brakes on my S5 which I'd like painting, red seems the obvious choice but wondering whether white might look good with the white body and to make it stand out a bit? What are people's thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Curious on people's thoughts. Got the standard black brakes on my S5 which I'd like painting, red seems the obvious choice but wondering whether white might look good with the white body and to make it stand out a bit? What are people's thoughts?

I really like that idea. There’s a white Cayenne near me that has white callipers and it looks good.

I really like that idea. There’s a white Cayenne near me that has white callipers and it looks good.
I've seen a few Porsches with white calipers which is what gave me the idea originally. Might have to take the plunge.

Reactions: Jonnie
So unfortunately the wrap is being taken off. Chap that did the job became quite unprofessional and I tried to sort a refund with him directly but he blatantly ignored me for 2-3 weeks.
Took me initiating a chargeback with my credit card for him to deem me with a response.

Now on the look out for another place, got a couple lined up to do the job.

Also had a quote for £295 for all calipers to be painted white and new S5 decals applied. Seems reasonable but never had it done, so if anyone has had it done, and knows prices please let me know if this is a fair price :)

So unfortunately the wrap is being taken off. Chap that did the job became quite unprofessional and I tried to sort a refund with him directly but he blatantly ignored me for 2-3 weeks.
Took me initiating a chargeback with my credit card for him to deem me with a response.

Also had a quote for £295 for all calipers to be painted white and new S5 decals applied. Seems reasonable but never had it done, so if anyone has had it done, and knows prices please let me know if this is a fair price :)

Paid £220 at my local Audi body shop for painting my calipers although I did supply my own decals which they put on for me. Think they only cost about £5 from eBay though, really happy with the quality and finish looks OEM.

Paid £220 at my local Audi body shop for painting my calipers although I did supply my own decals which they put on for me. Think they only cost about £5 from eBay though, really happy with the quality and finish looks OEM.
Cheers, £295 doesn't seem a million miles off then but will ask around, see if my local body shop will do it

Reactions: Bells

http://www.identitywraps.co.uk/ did mine, been on nearly 2 years with no issues, they even wrapped my whole car last year too :)

Reactions: Adam14
http://www.identitywraps.co.uk/ did mine, been on nearly 2 years with no issues, they even wrapped my whole car last year too :)
Looks good but quite a trek for me (110 miles!!) so was looking for somewhere a bit closer to home, so can easily get a lift home or something. Might have found somewhere, getting my refund from the credit card company today (what a ballache by the wrapper, shocking customer service! Credit card company been ace though)

So for those interested got my exhaust modified by PCW near Milton Keynes today. Absolutely over the moon with the end result, no intrusive drone and when in sport the crackles and pops are a lot more pronounced now! Exhaust still has flaps so when in any mode other than sport it's still quiet and "sensible" until the flaps open and it's a different beast.

Couple videos showing before and after as promised

Stock:
Modded:

Reactions: Craig999, Jonnie and Bells
So for those interested got my exhaust modified by PCW near Milton Keynes today. Absolutely over the moon with the end result, no intrusive drone and when in sport the crackles and pops are a lot more pronounced now! Exhaust still has flaps so when in any mode other than sport it's still quiet and "sensible" until the flaps open and it's a different beast.

Couple videos showing before and after as promised

Stock:
Modded:

Sounds good mate I’d be tempted to do the same to mine. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you and do you know exactly what works been done and is it reversible come re-sale?

Sounds good mate I’d be tempted to do the same to mine. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you and do you know exactly what works been done and is it reversible come re-sale?
£400 in cash
He said he opens up the resonators at the front and back essentially (not that knowledgeable on it)
Yes he confirmed it will pass MOT and fully reversible if needed (so win win)

Sounds great Adam
Paul did my previous M3 Comp nice lad does good work

Reactions: Adam14
£400 in cash
He said he opens up the resonators at the front and back essentially (not that knowledgeable on it)
Yes he confirmed it will pass MOT and fully reversible if needed (so win win)

Pretty steep but sounds great so I’d say it’s worth it, might have to look into it at some point

Pretty steep but sounds great so I’d say it’s worth it, might have to look into it at some point
Not particularly when you consider a new exhaust is £2k+ even a simple Res delete on the S3 was about £250.
Food for thought

Few more update guys!
5C5378FC D5B6 4976 B655 292010347E83
787D79FE E409 46F6 80B0 C41A26577596
DF2A34F2 E960 4FA9 BBE5 929CA8ED1B31
63037289 F99E 4A41 B448 228279179963
82C6BFD3 BBB3 4803 8B5E 7586EC0EE44F
5C5378FC D5B6 4976 B655 292010347E83
787D79FE E409 46F6 80B0 C41A26577596
DF2A34F2 E960 4FA9 BBE5 929CA8ED1B31
63037289 F99E 4A41 B448 228279179963
82C6BFD3 BBB3 4803 8B5E 7586EC0EE44F

Reactions: Jonnie
What level of tint do you have on the front windows? Looks really good

What level of tint do you have on the front windows? Looks really good
Thank you! One down from being Limo Black haha. I had to then also tint over the rear factory tint for them to match the front as they were then darker then the rears

Thank you! One down from being Limo Black haha. I had to then also tint over the rear factory tint for them to match the front as they were then darker then the rears

I’ve been debating getting my front done just to match the tears but not sure what the correct level would be.

As a side note it was seeing your car blacked out that tempted me to do it to mine. Didn’t even consider wrapping the diffuser but when I saw yours I couldn’t resist. Are you not tempted with Carbon/black mirrors?

41E5E78D 4433 474C B195 CAA570CEA327

Reactions: Lmarls
I’ve been debating getting my front done just to match the tears but not sure what the correct level would be.

As a side note it was seeing your car blacked out that tempted me to do it to mine. Didn’t even consider wrapping the diffuser but when I saw yours I couldn’t resist. Are you not tempted with Carbon/black mirrors?

View attachment 193764
I cant remember what percentage the rears are, if you take it to a professional company they will know what grade to match them too. Iv tinted my front Windows 3 times because they wasn't dark enough haha.

ooo nice! It looks so much better with the black diffuser. I thought about the mirrors but i think the silver mirrors makes it stand out as the S5 so i probs wont ever change them.

I like it and thats all that matters

Well if that were the case you wouldn’t share it on a public forum would you? Car looks great, tyres look awful and the white vinyl piping on the splitter kit goes with nothing else on the car, so looks out of place. It also makes the rear lower bumper look unfinished because the line stops at the rear wheels and doesnt continue the way it does at front end. Crossed the line from OEM+ into tacky chavness for me.

Last edited:
Well if that were the case you wouldn’t share it on a public forum would you? Car looks great, tyres look awful and the white vinyl piping on the splitter kit goes with nothing else on the car, so looks out of place. It also makes the rear lower bumper look unfinished because the line stops at the rear wheels and doesnt continue the it does at front end. Crossed the line from OEM+ into tacky chavness for me.

I posted it because like me and many others on this forum people like to see other peoples cars and the mods they have done as this is a way of people expressing themselves through their cars. If you don't like it don't comment as everyone has different opinions on what they like and don't like. Don't be so rude just because you don’t agree/like what i have done on my car.

I posted it because like me and many others on this forum people like to see other peoples cars and the mods they have done as this is a way of people expressing themselves through their cars. If you don't like it don't comment as everyone has different opinions on what they like and don't like. Don't be so rude just because you don’t agree/like what i have done on my car.

How am I being rude? I’m just expressing my opinion and a point of view. Fairly objectively I might add. Do you post stuff about your car just to have everyone tell you how wonderful it looks, as opposed to get honest opinions?

How am I being rude? I’m just expressing my opinion and a point of view. Fairly objectively I might add. Do you post stuff about your car just to have everyone tell you how wonderful it looks, as opposed to get honest opinions?

Your words “tyreslook awful and the white vinyl piping on the splitter kitgoes with nothing else on the car, so looks out ofplace. It also makes the rear lower bumper lookunfinished because the line stops at the rear wheelsand doesnt continue the it does at front end.Crossed the line from OEM+ into tacky chavness”

Thats rude... I post pictures for people to see what i have done and not for comments, especially not negative comments on something i have worked hard for. Keep your opinions to yourself if you don't like something. I wouldn't even think of putting someone down on what they're pashonet about regardless if i didn't like it

I’m hardly putting you down. I’d hate to see what you’re like when you get rejected for something if you can’t take a little criticism about your car.

It’s not like I’ve slated your S5. I just don’t understand where you’re going with the tyres. It’s like something from a cartoon. I’m genuinely surprised that someone would do this to a new S5. It’s the kind of thing that young lads do with their Fiestas, not a compact executive coupe. Also I think my comments on the vinyl on the kit are quite valid. It’s your car to do what you like with but if you’re putting it out there you need to take the rough with the smooth.

Nothing rude about criticism, positive or negative and you can’t expect to unveil something you’ve made and not expect some people to voice positive AND negative opinions about it. Otherwise you’re just looking for an ego-massage.

Ie “have a look at what I’ve done to my car, guys. Oh compliments only please!”

Have you thought about adding the rear splitter side and centre sections to finish it off? Then if you put the vinyl on them, they’ll complete the rear end.

Last edited:
Not to my taste either but each to their own and beauty is in the eye etc etc...

Tints look good, does give it that stealthy mean look for sure!

Tyres look a bit Lightning McQueen for my liking but each to their own, also not a fan of the splitter personally.

Agreed he's gone one Kappa tracksuit too far with that for sure and completely ruined it, I thought the white lettering on the tyres was a phototshop wind up to start with. Complete Gash, I'm sure it impresses lots of 12 year old boys in Southall though

Reactions: Evil Derboy
Tints look good, does give it that stealthy mean look for sure!

Completely illegal and will get you pulled over and will also invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident.

Depends how much they've been tinted surely? My car came with privacy glass

Reactions: Bells and Adam14