My Audi App “Your Equipment” section not working

Radster

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently got my new Audi A6 Avant model September 2019. The dealership set up the App on my phone on the delivery day and all is working well except the “Your Equipment” Feature at the bottom of the screen, which always gives the message “Server error: the server sent an invalid response”. When pressing “all equipment details” nothing happens. I thought this might be a temporary glitch that will eventually resolve itself, but after nearly a couple of months I see that this is not the case. I will contact the dealer to seek advice, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had the same problem here. Thank you very much indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the exact same - also took delivery in September for my A6 Avant. Never worked on the app.

Reactions: Radster
Thanks McArda, this app doesn’t fill me with confidence. It has a mind of its own really. A bit limited too: my wife’s Volvo allows her to set the temperature in the car before going out in the morning. The My Audi app doesn’t do much really. Shame. At least the car is beautiful and robust.

Working fine here, I assume you've tried logging out then in again, or even uninstalling the app and reinstalling...

Cuke2u thank you. I’ve logged out and back in a couple of times but no change. I’ll try reinstalling the app, maybe that will do it.

Works fine for my A6, which platform is your app, ios or Android? Have you tried accessing this information via the myAudi web portal?
Dave

DaveW, it’s on my iPhone, so iOS. No, I have not tried on a pc as it’s a mobile phone app. That would defeat the object, as it’s meant to be accessed quickly from a mobile phone. I’ll try to uninstall the app and start again. Maybe the dealership did something wrong when they set it up on delivery.

I have the same issue. It used to work (not particularly interesting feature) but doesn’t any longer. Not sure if it’s because the spec I got doesn’t exist anymore since they cut down the options. The best feature of the app is being able to send destinations to the satnav and check I’ve locked the car. Rest of it’s a bit poor compared to other manufacturers apps.

DaveW, it’s on my iPhone, so iOS. No, I have not tried on a pc as it’s a mobile phone app. That would defeat the object, as it’s meant to be accessed quickly from a mobile phone. I’ll try to uninstall the app and start again. Maybe the dealership did something wrong when they set it up on delivery.

Trying it on the web portal would possibly eliminate the Audi Connect setup as an issue - if you can see this information on the website, then that would mean the app is at fault....

Thank you DaveW. Yes, that was done by the dealer. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. I’ve given up on this app, I’ll report it to my dealer but I’m not fussed about it. The car is awesome and that’s what matters. Thank you for trying to help me.

had a new MyAudi app downloaded to my iPhone this morning (v3.16.0) and the My Equipment section is back working.

Slightly amused when looking at the My Equipment section in My Audi as it suggests my car (40TDi) has 5cyl turbo diesel 2.5l/85kw engine!! When interrogating the PR codes on the sticker in the car's handbook it also says I have D7U which comes up as that engine. Clearly I either have a very different engine to the one I thought I had :yes: or Audi have started to reuse codes. I wonder what D7U is on a C8?

It’s finally working, with the new app version. Thank you all for your help and input :)

Slightly amused when looking at the My Equipment section in My Audi as it suggests my car (40TDi) has 5cyl turbo diesel 2.5l/85kw engine!! When interrogating the PR codes on the sticker in the car's handbook it also says I have D7U which comes up as that engine. Clearly I either have a very different engine to the one I thought I had :yes: or Audi have started to reuse codes. I wonder what D7U is on a C8?

I also noted the same information. (40TDi) has 5cyl turbo diesel 2.5l/85kw engine!!) I need to check it properly!:astonished: