My Audi - Audi Track (Big Brother Watching!!!)

SMI77

Australia
Reaction score
I was sent an email from Audi Aust. about this new thing. Audi Track is a sophisticated GPS tracking device for your Audi that can monitor heavy braking and acceleration alerts, speeding (over a set speed) and more.

It is not an Audi product, but operated by a third party, and is not free. In fact, one has to contact their stealer to find out the $$'s.

Surprise, surprise!!! Dare I suspect insurance companies will absolutely love this to assist in rejecting accident claims. On the positive side, it may well assist if one is contesting a speeding fine.

https://myaudi.com.au/track?utm_sou...rUW1jdFhzU0dPK09SMzhaczVuRTRWeFwvQ29BR1k2In0=

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks but no thanks for this... I really don't want Audi knowing how I drive my car (although they could probably already check, technology-wise). I have the SOS system in my car that automatically calls folk in the event of a collision so I don't think that I need more than that personally. Just like I'd never take a black box in the car for insurance purposes given the choice!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Syed Shah
Exactly as DagerIt says. Thanks but no thanks Audi lol

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
As stated in its description, useful for pool or shared cars, maybe even rentals. But not private ownership...

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
Afaik all modern EU cars come with a "black box" no idea if or how it is activated. As you say the rozzers etc will definitely look at the data in the event of an accident etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk