My Audi B8.5 storey

Sluggy007

RS3 FL Saloon
Reaction score
Hi guys,
First of all i have been looking at the forum for a while now getting info and ideas but thought it was time to sign up and say hi :)

My storey begins a year ago when i had to get a new car as my current one at the time had a head gasket failure and was high mileage. For reason i wont go into i couldnt get the car i was looking at. I started to look around again and found my current car and first Audi i might add, at a good price but being a diesel it wasnt what i want..... i said to my self it would be a "stop gap" measure :blahblah1:

Thats when i got this:
A4 B8.5 2litre 177 TDI s-line black edition
ibis white
Only extras where
Tech pack - high
Parking sensor front and rear.

Now this being a stop gap measure i wasnt actually planning on getting another audi but the world is a strange place and to be honest the car and the stealership won me over (they damaged the car while in for a service but thats another storey). The only down side with my current car is the boot opening (saloon), i was used to mondeo side hatchback opening. I have now though sorted that by ordering my very first BRAND NEW CAR. :welcoming:

Back on the 2nd March this year i ordered this:
Spec sheet says :whistle2::yahoo:

Audi s4 Avant Black Edition 3.0 TFSI 333PS S-Tronic
Sepang Blue, Pearl effect
Lunar Silver/Black/Black/Black
Audi Drive Select
Heated front seats
Parking system plus, front and rear
Tech pack - High

I wanted the SSS but couldnt justify and afford (to the wife) the extra £1.4K considering the seats i have now are great for what i need. Maybe i should of ordered the storage pack for all the kids stuff but suppose without will mean i have to keep going out to "clean the car out" and keep admiring it.

Ordered form southend Audi and my BW is 26 which is around the 20th June, which is not long now :racer:
Somy dealer says i should expect my car around the the 2nd week in July.

GOD THE WAITING IS THE WORST PART!!!!!!!!! :gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2:

Sorry if i have bored you so i will leave it at that. :blink:

Will keep you guys upto date.

Reactions: TahirS, xpoweruk, scotty76 and 1 other person
Welcome! Don't forget to log into the "My Audi" beta tracking page, enter your order number and watch as it takes shape in the coming weeks.

i tired that and it couldn't find my order :(
Oh dear. Are you sure you're using the right number? If not, call Audi Customer Services, 0800 699 888, give them enough info to ID you, and they should give it to you. If you have got it right, maybe it's just a bit too soon and it'll be there in a day or two.

You're right about the wait. I ordered mine on 26 March, it's built and in quality control waiting to leave the factory.

Welcome, My S4 is on route, Dealer said they should have it today, tomorrow or friday.

And another Sepang S4 #TeamSepang.

Enjoy the wait and find your order code, My F5 key has rubbed off after endless refreshing the page.

Oh dear. Are you sure you're using the right number? If not, call Audi Customer Services, 0800 699 888, give them enough info to ID you, and they should give it to you. If you have got it right, maybe it's just a bit too soon and it'll be there in a day or two.

You're right about the wait. I ordered mine on 26 March, it's built and in quality control waiting to leave the factory.
Ill do that :) thanks for the info

Welcome, My S4 is on route, Dealer said they should have it today, tomorrow or friday.

Enjoy the wait and find your order code, My F5 key has rubbed off after endless refreshing the page.

I know your meaning..... i brought a new keyboard for that reason :glee:

maybe we need #TeamSepang stickers made up :)

Good choice sluggy another future s4 avant team sepang member here.
The only thing helping the wait is the my audi tracker :whistle2:
Have to say the s4 engine is awesome and miles better than the bmw 335 (turbo +run flats =:puke2:)
Look forward to the pictures!

Looking forward to seeing your magma with the sepang wow you are so close to you new toy now!

Reactions: Lastkill21
Well the wait is over. My car arrived at Southend Audi late yesterday afternoon and as im only round the corner it would of been rude not to go see it and share some pictures. My sales guy said when i got there that it had been off the transport for only 25mins :)

I have arranged to pick it up saturday lunch time :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Phill_, ruairi83 and 2 others
Don't those wheel arches look great in transit mode? :)

Look great..... need it that high for all the speed bumps

Well the wait is over. My car arrived at Southend Audi late yesterday afternoon and as im only round the corner it would of been rude not to go see it and share some pictures. My sales guy said when i got there that it had been off the transport for only 25mins :)

I have arranged to pick it up saturday lunch time :)

S4 Avant ooks gorgeous @Sluggy007 :thumbs up:

Nice colour too ... ;)

Wow! Enjoy it pal. I nearly bought an SQ5 from that dealership a few months ago, it was well spec'd and the price was appealing but wife didn't like the colour (volcano red) so ended up with a sensible black, black edition.

Well i forgot a had this thread and life has been very busy. I will try and give you an update

Pick the car up finally on 18th July 2015. Wow as i write this it has been its been 6months to the day....... Any way it was a nice sunny day and hand over was very smooth. Since coming from a A4 and going to the S4 the dealer only had a couple of items to show me that was extra on my new car.

So it was 22c, new sepang blue S4 and the family in toe..... we spent the afternoon down southend seafront. Got home after a great day out and the car was on 71miles :)

On the Sunday of course i had to give it a wash..... while i was at it i took the V6T badges off and replaced them with the supercharger badges, and put my private plate on the car as I'm a surveyor for a scaffolding company the plate should make a bit of sense lol. Tired to get creative with the camera and it was my phone camera so my apologies of the bad shots.

Teething Problems
All was going well until a 1000k in and i got a oil warning light and the Mmi showed this after i did the reset by opening the bonnet etc.....

Went straight to the dealership and they checked the oil and it showed just off full with the dipstick so they replace the oil sender sensor or something like that. It still went up and down but finally settled at 3/4 full.

So i went off on my way very happy until i got to 3000k and the car went into limp mode and the EML came on. As luck would have it i was about 5mins from my dealership so back again.

I must say Audi southend have been great..... i went in and they took it straight in while i waited and found that vac hose had come loose. Popped it back on, cleared the codes and it hasn't given me any problems since.

First Service
Well it has just had its first full service done on Friday. Oil service was due but also said in 2000miles that the main service was due so i got it all done at once. I had to have two new tyres on the rear so before i went to the dealer i went to my local tyre place and got some Pilot Sport 3 . I will give my feedback once i have some miles on them.

So there is my first 6months into my S4 and as of today the milage so far is 15402

Reactions: scotty76 and jdp1962