My Audi RS3

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Is due to be built this week, week 40 so would hopefully arrive by the end of this month.

I ordered the car in December 2011 from Martyn Jones at Bath Audi, and can't praise him enough as I've had 3 audis from them since January, all with minimal loss.

The spec I've gone for is

Exclusive blue racing mica
Bucket seats
Bose
Aluminium trim
Interior led light package
Cruise control
Sight and light pack
Adaptive lights
Auto dipping
Factory tints

And a few other things that I can't remember.

It's not my first 5 cylinder 2.5tfsi as were currenly running our 2nd TTRS

I'll post photos as soon as the car arrives, and hopefully meet some of you this next year

Cheers

Last edited:
Tough at the top!!

Oh for an extra cylinder. Enjoy, great colour and spec.

Once you've had 5 cylinders, there is no substitute Warren..

I just hope the RS3 is as ,uch fun as the TTRS, if not the kids will be going on eBay alongside the RS3

hmmm 2 5cycl engined Audi's on your drive................................. git lol

I can imagine the engine is an amazing piece of kit.

The bit that has me scratching my head about the RS3 is that they've balanced the fire's of hell (the 5 cylinder peach) on a rather spent on chassis which shows some significant limitations at Stage 2+ without proper works being undertaken.

I'm worried that the move to put a profile wider tyre on the front of the RS3 move be the most inventive part of the modifications, and if so struggle to see how the RS3 can match up to the TTRS which has a semi aluminium space frame, a lower stance, and a far more modern platform overall (with battery in boot for better balance etc.)

I genuinely hope the RS3 does deliver (esp. if nothing else for it's owners who've dug deep for the privilege), but given the A3 platform is about to be revised within months keep my fingers tightly crossed for something in the early to mid £30k's in the next 18-24 months when owners could go off in search of other thrills if it doesn't deliver (assuming they keep their car standard).

Well the car was delayed and is supposed to be built this week....
We shall see.

I genuinely hope the RS3 does deliver (esp. if nothing else for it's owners who've dug deep for the privilege), but given the A3 platform is about to be revised within months keep my fingers tightly crossed for something in the early to mid £30k's in the next 18-24 months when owners could go off in search of other thrills if it doesn't deliver (assuming they keep their car standard).

You, me and everyone else will be keeping the demand high for used RS3s!

Thinking about it, even by 2013 the new S3 Sportback probably won't be out yet. The 8P RS3 will still be the only proposition offering compact dimensions and 5-cylinder power on the market for some time. I'm sure that it will depend a lot on spec, but the right RS3s will almost certainly take 2+ years to reach £30k in my view (although I desperately hope it's sooner!).

Well I sold my car, or build slot a few weeks ago after delay after delay. Infant the car till hasn't arrived even though it's been built r 3 weeks..

So yesterday I found an 11 plate Ibis RS3 for the right price and duly shook hands on it.

Hopefully collecting it on Saturday, with photos to follow