My Belated build thread

Little update for you guys. Badger5 have been working away on the build…. Alex has started putting together the custom fuel system together which consists of….

.AN6 fuel lines
.AEM 400 fuel pump rated to 860bhp
.Turbo Smart fuel regulator rated to 1200bhp
.All AN fittings, etc
.A custom surge tank which will be housed in the rear wheel well along with my battery and water Meth tank.
.Fuel filter will be in the engine bay
.34 Motorsport high flow fuel rail
.1000cc injectors but we may go bigger

B5 have also managed to fit my 3.5” Zinram exhaust which doesn’t fit well! So bare that in mind who ever wants to buy one, they are cheap for what they are however you will need to modify them to fit perfectly which Alex has done.
a26a3bf87e83891c92bf26605f3ce666.jpg

4442beba54b94659da7d58c508553e8e.jpg

a352a69247ef43ee1022c99a88308861.jpg

He has also managed to get my 3.5” Downpipe made up and fitted, extremely tight fit!
6e5c90dc03d1dc97d62e6c099fcac98b.jpg
26c46ce7bb70dd3784fa55778b0cf958.jpg

Next up will be the wastegate pipe and then everything will be wrapped up in a BASALT sleeve I’ve managed to find which will make things much much easier hopefully!

Here is a picture of the engine bay currently, some might notice….. but we are going 5” turbo intake pipe, we figure as we are going big on everything else it makes sense to do everything big.
fc17488a2e943a6bf5022c84b2d74bca.jpg

I’m also having a custom made catch can which I’ll eventually powdercoat in the same colour as my rocker cover. 1x AN20 coming out of the crankcase and 2x AN10’s coming out of the rocker cover.

The other thing we decided on was to go all new with the intercooler, it’ll be a 3” Wellycooler like I had before (old set up will be going up for sale) but we will be having 76mm pipework all the way around.

shouldn’t be long now before it’s up and running!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Djordje1, hydro s3, <tuffty/> and 1 other person
Ok, this is all clearly epic but you MUST be compensating for something :laugh:

Properly mad progress, looking forward to seeing your results on this one!

Reactions: S3AMJ
Ok, this is all clearly epic but you MUST be compensating for something :laugh:

Properly mad progress, looking forward to seeing your results on this one!

Hahahaha cheeky! Let’s just say this is a bucket list of mine….. the only limiting factor in this build will be the turbo, that’s the plan.

Who knows….. one day I may drop in a G35-900 at some point

Reactions: Rainbird
I was up in the week when Alex had initially fitted the exhaust... it "fitted" but it hung really low under the rear subframe... no doubt fine in a world without speed bumps but the boy did good modding that to be more practical :)

<tuffty/>

I was up in the week when Alex had initially fitted the exhaust... it "fitted" but it hung really low under the rear subframe... no doubt fine in a world without speed bumps but the boy did good modding that to be more practical :)

That’s exactly how my 3” Zinram fitted, a straight pipe across the rear subframe, no intentions of making it more compact. That said my middle silencer also hung very low. Alex has done like you said made it all more practical

Just reading through & catching up with the progress on this......looking good Ash, a eye watering amount of work going into this build. Will be one of the more sorted 8l's about!, B5 are definitely being kept busy

Just reading through & catching up with the progress on this......looking good Ash, a eye watering amount of work going into this build. Will be one of the more sorted 8l's about!, B5 are definitely being kept busy

Cheers dude! I think it’s going to be one of there highest spec’d builds that they’ve done, or at least up there with one of the highest.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t chasing numbers, obviously we are going with what ever the turbo will do at this point of time. I’d like to try and get it to be in the top 3 highest powered 1.8t 20v strokers in the country….

I'd say it should definitely be up there near the highest if not the highest. Some attention to detail with this build most things have been upgraded. Generally really excited for you mate and hoping to see it out in Mexico some time soon.
Bill and Alex have done an amazing job on this build

Cheers mucka they’ve done outstanding with the build, plenty more goodies to update you guys on with it as well

Reactions: hydro s3
Sooooo..... Here are a couple goodies I was talking about :)

IMG 3834

This is a Treadstone TR1235R Intercooler I'm going to be running on my build. 3.5" core and measures 318mm tall and 558mm wide. Overall width is 762mm which is around 20mm less than your Toyo Type B intercooler (Wellycooler) There are some really nice features that come with this intercooler, inside the end tanks it has a splitter to ensure air is split equally in the intercooler so you don't heat soak just the bottom. It has billet welded on 76mm boost pipe connectors on the cast end tanks. This intercooler is rated to a whopping 1340bhp and an incredibly low pressure drop! Looking forward to seeing how efficient it's going to be.

This is just a taster of whats to come......
IMG 3842

So this is what 76mm pipework looks like, pretty HUGE! Alex has been busy fabing up all this, I think i'm going to smooth out all the welds and get it powdercoated, undecided what colour to go for though, possible silver, possible black. I'm also having thoughts about putting the water meth distribution block underneath the inlet manifold just to clean it up a bit, its getting very busy in there.

Powdercoat silver to suit inlet I’d say looks oem+ there’s someone on fb selling stickers that look like the original with the hand/hazard sign might look cool?… I’ve heard of them intercoolers they look mustard I must say and actually quite reasonable…

Powdercoat silver to suit inlet I’d say looks oem+ there’s someone on fb selling stickers that look like the original with the hand/hazard sign might look cool?… I’ve heard of them intercoolers they look mustard I must say and actually quite reasonable…

Yeah I’ve already got one of those stickers mate :) CCDesigns sells them on his website for £5 if my memory serves me right.

Problem is I don’t think I’ll be able to get my pipe Powdercoated to match the inlet manifold, it would look pretty guff with 2 different silvers. Considering black but it might just look meh, I had thought about getting the inlet manifold redone but….. don’t want to hold to build up with the 3-4 week lead time.

PXL 20210919 111812272

...can't beat the hot to touch sticker (you are welcome btw ;) )

<tuffty/>

Little update for you folks…..

Cars almost done, shouldn’t be long now before the keys a turning! Couple things left do do fuelling wise and then catch can and it’s done!

355958ff64125ef1a187e79d7cbe2118.jpg

c0f8f014706f74474b3b83a43a6acdf1.jpg

0d3d8d14f45c707c8ddfe54e28f02701.jpg
72ec0d3c0842028f76e129366c842723.jpg

All the intercooler pipework done and looking epic along with a 10 Row Setrab oil cooler.

1e7661daadf602b794338ab0ee533545.jpg

Turbo all wrapped up, very snug in there!

ce172f4f43e249abcb8eaadb8d02f150.jpg

2a7c4e745c3cacde118e978a63c2712e.jpg

One custom fuel surge tank made by none
other than Alex at B5. Should get any fuel starvation and “should” keep the AEM400 inline pump a little quieter.

5da2d60a07af691876596787fada19b6.jpg

4d04f2121f87841bfba0a2f413ec6a1a.jpg

Custom bracket for the TurboSmart fuel regulator

That’s all on the S3 front, very excited! I’ll deffo be down at B5 on mapping day hopefully.

In other news….. I’m now the proud owner of an Audi A3 3.2 Quattro Sport DSG! Wasn’t planning on getting this car it sort of just happened. This will be the “Daily” so to speak! However there are BIG plans for this car in the future!!
6fbf7920e6d19294e7516ed5b9949ab6.jpg

Reactions: Ian W, Rainbird, hydro s3 and 2 others
Morning chaps…..

Some very exciting news the car is now alive! Only the custom catch can Alex needs to fab for me and we are pretty much there.
e64e215c4e13f1337c48a1a63bf8e27f.jpg

This is my 5” turbo intake pipe with 6” velocity stack which the XL RAMAIR filter goes on.
1165deaebbc11432d539e711f4a07dc1.jpg

I would post up a video of the car running but Tapatalk doesn’t give me that option and I can’t be ***** with uploading it up on YouTube blah blah blah. If you want to see it running go check out Badger5 on instagram

651128e2299f931a060280970970aaaa.jpg

e2721752523185bbb737a88d1ad63a8f.jpg

7544d0cab4a56e2ff0904d2f221ee3c8.jpg

Hopefully the catch can will get made up next week and the final little bits done then by the end of the month it’ll be run in and then it’ll be Dyno Time my goal with this build from the start was the try and break 650bhp/500ft lbs. I don’t think we will be too far off it. Obviously I’ll be happy with whatever we achieve with the setup. We already know what a 2.1 stroker with the G30-770 can do which is what Germain is running on his TT currently. 617bhp/531ft lbs. His car is currently in having the same intercooler pipework and similar intercooler to mine so it’ll be good to see what that’ll yield him. However I do have a 3.5” turbo back exhaust which I think will help matters. Either way we will see a great comparison between the two builds and a good reference point for anyone else thinking of going big turbo build or G30-770.

Reactions: tcg and <tuffty/>
Check out my other build thread…..

My Belated Build Thread 2

Evening all. Seems I’ve neglected the thread for a while. Some progress with the build

1ac36be06c46c2f594fad9b8b3791123.jpg

Big shout out to Tuffty for helping me with this one! I trimmed the piano black trim around the CAE Shifter and then puzzled with how I was going to finish it off, all sorts of ideas were thrown out there. This was by far the best, keeps everything OEM+ really pleased with the way it’s turned out.

896a0484d934a4532bf99116f703688f.jpg

The other thing that I’ve been working on is the boot space. With the addition of the fuel surge tank it was no longer possible to use my old method to raise the boot floor. As you can also see is a lovely space for a AFFF fire extinguisher system. Which is something worth getting when your running masses of fuel and methanol, especially inside the car!

28c105b4c243c2558e2f15ce04bb89f0.jpg

So I bought an FEV 3.5Ltr AFFF fire extinguisher system, this one is controlled electrically with its own power source. It comes with 6 nozzles, 2 for the boot space and 4 for the engine bay.

e1efc0fd16d82e101cfd591e42ab7144.jpg

I then went about putting together my Boot compartment V3. My first was made from wood, the second out of copper pipework, this is now made from stainless steel and aluminium. The idea is to make it a compartment that separates me from the boot as much as possible if in the event of something going on fire I can contain it with the fire extinguisher system.

712948a28f5ecba88df1ada2fae640a8.jpg

c289db5fcaa58d86f79f000ab815d5d5.jpg

ac32e7a4107b83f864c1b1265ffac85d.jpg

1e844e4427d8fb061a9d7a73252d2eca.jpg

cd460ee5c1f4b89db9e2513750576ba8.jpg

Went about putting a base plate for the fire extinguisher cylinder to mount to, I stood this off the bottom with 85 shore rubber bushes. This was the help level the base plate and to minimise vibrations to the cylinder.

d82532ed480159158d33c61ef7a6d9a4.jpg

3dfb4a531ca22693ae062372d4d99895.jpg

Removed all the protective film on the aluminium to see how it looked, I will be covering this all in carpet to try and keep it OEM as possible and it’ll aid the sound deadening.

6208fcd4d589be7bceb4972b7f8dfd81.jpg

Finally added some rubber edging trim to see how it would all work. There’s a little more to do to finish it off which I’ll probably do in the new year along with plumbing in the pipework and nozzles for the fire extinguisher system.

70b4469c4090c8e2bb0262f82deeffa5.jpg

The car is all together and ready to go mega excited! Talking to Bill today, they intend to get it on the dyno tomorrow to bed the engine in all being well. Then it’ll be mapping time and seeing what it can do.

bd5781350b4a74f7230b2204b718892a.jpg

The awesome oil catch tank that Alex and the boys made is epic, this will be powdercoated in the new year the same colour as my rocker cover. 2x AN10 lines from the rocker cover and 1x AN20 line from the crankcase oil breather, there is a AN6 line from the bottom with I can drain via a tap.

Reactions: Djordje1, hydro s3, Ian W and 3 others
Lovely stuff. Boot is coming together nicely.

Love the fire extinguisher idea definitely a good idea and we'll put together.
Very exciting times for you now bet ur itching to get this out on the road

Merry Christmas all, hope you are all enjoying your time with family and friends! Little update regarding the car…..

The engine has been run in but there is a slight issue with the gearbox so it out and on its way to Gas&Gears to get checked out and sorted. We also decided as with the power levels we are expecting with the build 650bhp and north of 500ft-lbs that the good old tried and tested DMF, Sachs 4 Puck clutch setup isn’t going to be up to the task. So now was the time to do something about it….

I’ve researched everywhere and with the help of Badger5’s experience which helped me eliminate some brands which are not favourable. I came across a company in Germany called “PTB-Racing” not come across them before. So thought it’s give them a go and they offered many different options -

Organic
Sintered
Standard pressure plate
Performance pressure plate
Sprung and un-sprung……

I’ve opted for something a little different! So I’ll be running a SMF with a sintered friction disc and an organic friction disc, both are sprung this will give me a claimed 850nm (626ft-lbs) worth of grip. Which is around 100ft-lbs more than my car is estimated to make. The benefit running a sintered disc and organic disc with the standard pressure plate is near OEM feel and tolerate the extra heat produced when really giving the car death on a track.
5e7c36df50ee4b0da4b632ae3222ca99.jpg

This is what it looks like, I’ll post pictures up of it when it comes and gets fitted for everyone’s reference.

The other things that’s going to be changing is the brake setup, I was quite content on the AP Racing CP5570 330x28mm J hook setup I was going to be running, however the chance to buy a better setup came up which I couldn’t refuse!

So I’ve bought a second hand (almost new condition) BTCC race car setup which consists of the CBAuto bells, adaptors. A pair of used BTCC 368x36mm J hook discs and CP3905D54 Raybestos ST45 pads. Less than a millimetre has been used on the pads so still 17mm remaining and the discs are like brand new! I then bought a brand new pair of genuine AP Racing CP9660 calipers at an awesome price!
ec8e8d5a0c8b16f53512af1c11e36a2c.jpg

b73fcdbff22d42c974966fe32fc8fbcd.jpg

Reactions: Djordje1, ADs3 and hydro s3
Merry Christmas all, hope you are all enjoying your time with family and friends! Little update regarding the car…..

The engine has been run in but there is a slight issue with the gearbox so it out and on its way to Gas&Gears to get checked out and sorted. We also decided as with the power levels we are expecting with the build 650bhp and north of 500ft-lbs that the good old tried and tested DMF, Sachs 4 Puck clutch setup isn’t going to be up to the task. So now was the time to do something about it….

I’ve researched everywhere and with the help of Badger5’s experience which helped me eliminate some brands which are not favourable. I came across a company in Germany called “PTB-Racing” not come across them before. So thought it’s give them a go and they offered many different options -

Organic
Sintered
Standard pressure plate
Performance pressure plate
Sprung and un-sprung……

I’ve opted for something a little different! So I’ll be running a SMF with a sintered friction disc and an organic friction disc, both are sprung this will give me a claimed 850nm (626ft-lbs) worth of grip. Which is around 100ft-lbs more than my car is estimated to make. The benefit running a sintered disc and organic disc with the standard pressure plate is near OEM feel and tolerate the extra heat produced when really giving the car death on a track.
5e7c36df50ee4b0da4b632ae3222ca99.jpg

This is what it looks like, I’ll post pictures up of it when it comes and gets fitted for everyone’s reference.

The other things that’s going to be changing is the brake setup, I was quite content on the AP Racing CP5570 330x28mm J hook setup I was going to be running, however the chance to buy a better setup came up which I couldn’t refuse!

So I’ve bought a second hand (almost new condition) BTCC race car setup which consists of the CBAuto bells, adaptors. A pair of used BTCC 368x36mm J hook discs and CP3905D54 Raybestos ST45 pads. Less than a millimetre has been used on the pads so still 17mm remaining and the discs are like brand new! I then bought a brand new pair of genuine AP Racing CP9660 calipers at an awesome price!
ec8e8d5a0c8b16f53512af1c11e36a2c.jpg

b73fcdbff22d42c974966fe32fc8fbcd.jpg

Still very much wanted here too, those beautiful 9660 calipers.
Anxious to hear what the issues with the gearbox are.
And ofcourse more anxious for the clutch pack pics, the setup really sounds nice.

Still very much wanted here too, those beautiful 9660 calipers.
Anxious to hear what the issues with the gearbox are.
And ofcourse more anxious for the clutch pack pics, the setup really sounds nice.

Gearbox is fixed now. There was an issue with a shim that failed where it was sitting on the wear groove on the top of the inputshaft. It meant the gears were rubbing as you came off the throttle whining it’s tits off.
Martin from Gas&Gears has machined the case and shimmed it accordingly so it can’t happen again.

Still waiting on my twin plate clutch kit from Germany though…..

One of my many rocker covers have come back from the powdercoaters, very pleased with the outcome the colour is exactly what I was looking for….. see what you guys think. It’s a toss up between this one an another that’s currently getting powdercoated. What ever I don’t decide to use I will be selling.

d5a7f8773d132011d4e782340ccaef46.jpg

1374b0af888ec4ca19dfd4cba7bacfe1.jpg

The amount of flake in this picked up in the sunlight is phenomenal!

Just need to drill out the holes as they’ve put a very thick coat of lacquer on it and I’ll probably clean the faces of where it bolts down to the head as well.

Hey @S3AMJ happy new year and all the best in the future.I hope you will enjoy soon in your amazing car.

I'm wondering what type of cover did you end up with?Did you use any spacer and what type of ingnition coil you go with.This is not R8? one?

Your build looks very clean and I want to go the same way as you definitely...

btw catchcan last one.Is made by badger5?

Thank you,
Djordje

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Hey @S3AMJ happy new year and all the best in the future.I hope you will enjoy soon in your amazing car.

I'm wondering what type of cover did you end up with?Did you use any spacer and what type of ingnition coil you go with.This is not R8? one?

Your build looks very clean and I want to go the same way as you definitely...

btw catchcan last one.Is made by badger5?

Thank you,
Djordje

Happy new year to you too buddy.

I ended up using a rocker cover off a pre facelift Audi A4 which had no breathers, got 2x AN10 weld on fittings welded on and then power coated in the same red as my other one. The spacer I made myself from a single piece of aluminium. Keep reading my thread it’s all in there my coil packs a TFSI coil packs not R8’s like you mentioned.

Yeah the aluminium catch can in my latest post was made by Badger5.

Happy new year to you too buddy.

I ended up using a rocker cover off a pre facelift Audi A4 which had no breathers, got 2x AN10 weld on fittings welded on and then power coated in the same red as my other one. The spacer I made myself from a single piece of aluminium. Keep reading my thread it’s all in there my coil packs a TFSI coil packs not R8’s like you mentioned.

Yeah the aluminium catch can in my latest post was made by Badger5.

Sounds good man,I'll go the same way...
btw did you use any hear resistant paint or regular one?

last couple days I'm reading your post carefully very turbulent journey.

I didn't noticed your spacer on the latest pictures...can you please share any oe number of the ingnition coils that your using?Btw there is not much benefits/difference between these one and R8?

Cheers,
Djordje

Sounds good man,I'll go the same way...
btw did you use any hear resistant paint or regular one?

last couple days I'm reading your post carefully very turbulent journey.

I didn't noticed your spacer on the latest pictures...can you please share any oe number of the ingnition coils that your using?Btw there is not much benefits/difference between these one and R8?

Cheers,
Djordje

No benefits what so ever with the R8’s I don’t know the part numbers for the TFSI coil packs.

I gave my rocker covers to my powdercoaters, powder coat paint is heat resistant to a fair degree, they put this in an oven at 400’C to cure. All my stuff that’s Powdercoated has held up fine around high temp stuff.

No benefits what so ever with the R8’s I don’t know the part numbers for the TFSI coil packs.

I gave my rocker covers to my powdercoaters, powder coat paint is heat resistant to a fair degree, they put this in an oven at 400’C to cure. All my stuff that’s Powdercoated has held up fine around high temp stuff.

Nice, thank you @S3AMJ

I'll find it, no worries
Did you powder coat both sides or just the top one?\
Cheers!

Nice, thank you @S3AMJ

I'll find it, no worries
Did you powder coat both sides or just the top one?\
Cheers!

You ONLY paint the outer side of the rocker cover bud. You don’t want any paint on the inside at all.

You ONLY paint the outer side of the rocker cover bud. You don’t want any paint on the inside at all.

I guess, but just in case to check. I'll clean and polish inside best as possible.
Thank you once again for your help.

Can't wait for new updates from you.
Amazing build man!

Howdy all, Tapatalk seems to be shitting itself at the moment so I'm gonna try uploading some images via my MacBook. So I’ve no idea how the pictures are gonna turn out!

Nothing massively new to report on the build. Couple of things coming in through the post finally, it's all been a bit slow on suppliers at the moment.

My 3.5" Zinram catback exhaust system came after 7 weeks, there e-mail responses have always been a bit flakey but its here now :)
View attachment 212796

I also managed to bag a bargain this week as well! So I was on the fence with bucket seats and under the impression that Recaro Pole Positions generally being uncomfortable..... this might be the case with the FIA certified version of the seat. However the ABE version which is more suit to a daily rather than a all out track car is very comfortable, for the price I couldn’t say no!
View attachment 212797
So I managed to bag a pair of Genuine Recaro Pole Positions in Half leather and black suede with side mounts, sliding rails and Schroth 4 point harnesses! Such a find, this finalised my decision on my seats.
Hey @S3AMJ ,
I can see your with cat back by Zinram catback,I check some miltek one,but I'm wondering is it better to stay without cat? Definitely understand what is your opinion,but can you share more of your thoughts about sport cat in general.Should I go with in my case as well?

btw I contact gasngears...waiting for reply.I thinking about dog box,but maybe I'll do the same as you.Thank you for your help man!

Cheers

Looking really good. Hope you have this up and running soon. If you haven't driven a car with the CP9660 BTCC brakes you will be blown away with the performance, Simply incredible. Good to see that you are not just concentrating on the engine side of things making the car fast in a straight line, at some point you will need to slow down. I have been doing some testing on my car in the last few weeks looking at pressure drop across my intercooler and decided that it needs replacing so ordered a Treadstone item. Not as big as you have I went for a TR1035 , and I will more than likely stick with the 2.5 inch intake piping I have ATM as the small pressure drop I have measured to the intercooler doesn't worry me.
Be interested in how you get on with the cooling with the R intercooler. This has a lot more tubes across the core than the normal TR1235 so the airflow through the core to the rad is reduced. I presume you already have a CSF radiator in the car?.

Hey @S3AMJ ,
I can see your with cat back by Zinram catback,I check some miltek one,but I'm wondering is it better to stay without cat? Definitely understand what is your opinion,but can you share more of your thoughts about sport cat in general.Should I go with in my case as well?

btw I contact gasngears...waiting for reply.I thinking about dog box,but maybe I'll do the same as you.Thank you for your help man!

Cheers

Hi bud, yeah I’ve had both the 3” and 3.5” Zinram cat back exhaust systems. The 3” fitted well, little low from the centre section to the backbox, but ok. The 3.5” however they must use the same jig they make the 3” with because it was very low, to the point that Badger5 modified it a lot in order to make it fit perfectly. That said it’s still cheaper to buy the 3.5” and get it modified than to get someone to make it bespoke. Miltek is ok…… but has it’s limitations, don’t forget it’s only a 2.75” exhaust, if your going bigger than a hybrid k04 setup then you’ll want a 3” exhaust system as a minimum. If you don’t mind waiting 6–8 weeks for the exhaust to be made and delivered then deffo go with the 3” Zinram cat back, it’s currently £450 delivered!!

With regards to running with a catalytic convertor….. that’s on you really. I don’t run one, come MOT time then that’s something you’ll need to consider, it won’t pass without one unless you have a “friendly” MOTer. Sports cats are a way around this but bare in mind they are restrictive, so that’ll increase back pressure which will impede the power you’ll get out of your car.

Looking really good. Hope you have this up and running soon. If you haven't driven a car with the CP9660 BTCC brakes you will be blown away with the performance, Simply incredible. Good to see that you are not just concentrating on the engine side of things making the car fast in a straight line, at some point you will need to slow down. I have been doing some testing on my car in the last few weeks looking at pressure drop across my intercooler and decided that it needs replacing so ordered a Treadstone item. Not as big as you have I went for a TR1035 , and I will more than likely stick with the 2.5 inch intake piping I have ATM as the small pressure drop I have measured to the intercooler doesn't worry me.
Be interested in how you get on with the cooling with the R intercooler. This has a lot more tubes across the core than the normal TR1235 so the airflow through the core to the rad is reduced. I presume you already have a CSF radiator in the car?.

Hey Karl, good to hear from you. Shouldn’t be much longer now, just waiting on my twin plate clutch kit being delivered, hopefully end of next week all being well!

I’ve never experienced a car with the CP9660’s before so it’s going to be quite the experience in both power and stopping side of things!! I’m considering upgrading the rear calipers at a later stage, see how I get on but I’d like to potentially look into running a pair of CP94XX 4 pots to match the front CP9660 and use the original rears for the handbrake, complete over kill…. I know.

Ah that’s cool, it seems Treadstone is the way forward for those wanting to extract every last bit of power there system can achieve. The Wellycooler has of course been a very good system but it’s got its limitations. Germains performed very very well with the new intercooler and 3” pipework! Like you say mine has even more channels allowing more air to pass through, even less pressure drop. I did read about how it means less airflow getting to the rad but I don’t think that’s going to be an issue…. Looking forward to seeing the end results on this build! I’m running a standard rad mate, the CSF rad is too efficient, a few people I know including Germain are struggling to get engines up to proper running temperatures, granted on track on a very hot day they will be in there element.

Last edited:
7b5714f8897eb92c2bf041e3d4033ece.jpg

a73b5c752d275696d4763c697aec5738.jpg

And……. CP9660’s fitted just waiting on my twin plate clutch kit to arrive, hopefully end of next week. Then the car can continue getting run in and the mapped.

Reactions: hydro s3, Bluepower and danny_dj3
@Djordje1 my 3" system had a 200cel sports cat on it and when it went to badger 5 for some work he put a decat on a v band and the sports cat also on a v band for mot purposes. I recently changed it over to the sports cat for my mot (we can't get a friendly mot garage where I live) and I've yet to change it back over to the decat because of the weather here and i can feel its being restrictive with the cat on. I'm not running anywhere near the power you will be running with ur set up

Yeah probably won’t be changing the rear calipers for CP94XX’s as much as I’d love it, spent quite a few hours researching and it’s a big ball ache not to mention the £1000+ to do it. I’ll probably end up doing the same as you and use the larger 43mm rear caliper but on a 309mm x 20.57mm wilwood disc, obviously means making CBAuto brackets that are 5.5mm longer to accommodate the larger disc size. Extra 11mm on the disc and the 43mm caliper would be a good addition I think.

Which also kind of brings brake balance back to almost standard.

Last edited:
I’ll probably end up doing the same as you and use the larger 43mm rear caliper but on a 309mm x 20.57mm wilwood disc
I've got a set of these to go on mine in due course. Partly for performance, but with an unhealthy dose of simply being a tart thrown in for good measure

Not convinced my 3D printed bell and bracket will be up to the task, but it does mean I can test fit it all before sending it off for machining out of something a bit more suitable :laugh:
Disc

Bracket
Caliper

Reactions: desertstorm and S3AMJ