My BiTdi mods so far... RS6 diffuser, grill, alloys and more...

Peccy

Reaction score
Thought about time to post some decent pics of my 3.0 BiTdi, had it for over a year now!

Mods to date:
- RS6 'style' front grill by Maxton Design
- Front splitter by Maxton Design
- RS6 'style' rear diffuser by Xenonz UK
- RS6 replica wheels 21inch / 265/30/21 Conti's
- Rear roof spoiler lip by Maxton Design

Coming soon... Full RS6 front bumper, coilovers, big brake kit...
20190902 122806
20190902 122742
20190902 112138

Reactions: blackwood, Bulldog, rjwojcik and 1 other person
Very nice.

Any issues with getting pulled for your front plate?

I’ve a similar plate but have held off fitting it so far.

Very nice.

Any issues with getting pulled for your front plate?

I’ve a similar plate but have held off fitting it so far.

Not yet (touching wood), had it on a good few month...

Reactions: RAF_S7
Looking good. Do you have a link for the RS6 'style' front grill by Maxton Design

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Sat on the roof rails. No harm done ;)

I hope.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looking good. Do you have a link for the RS6 'style' front grill by Maxton Design

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

They dont seem to stock it now, try Xenonz, if not loads on Ebay.

Reactions: Bishop187
@Peccy when you fitted your maxton front splitter did you use the supplied nuts & bolts to fit or just self tappers. Or did you take the bumper off to fit ?

@Peccy when you fitted your maxton front splitter did you use the supplied nuts & bolts to fit or just self tappers. Or did you take the bumper off to fit ?

Yes used the supplied hardware, and bumper was off anyway to fit the grill.

Reactions: Bulldog
@Peccy Ok mate thanks for getting back to me. I’m on the look out for A RS6 grill but don’t want the Quattro version as mines fwd. I’ve got the splitter so might wait till I’ve got the grill & take the bumper off & do both together.

Liking the rear diffuser setup. Possible addition to mine in future....... good to see another nice avant in sheffield.

is your car an SE? can't find any diffuser kits for the s-line or facelift :(

What did you do with the chrome tailpipes? cut them off? Did it come with the angled tailpipe pieces?

@Peccy Ok mate thanks for getting back to me. I’m on the look out for A RS6 grill but don’t want the Quattro version as mines fwd. I’ve got the splitter so might wait till I’ve got the grill & take the bumper off & do both together.

if you manage to find an rs grill without the quattro and with the rings let me know as I've been looking for a while

I seen diffuser and listing as se bumper only. But said may fit s line model with minor adjustments

Sorry, better LATE then never! Yes i had to buy a SE bumper as the 'minor' mods to the S Line were not that minor! also the diffuser kit is made for the 2.0 (smaller exhaust diameter) so the connectors did not fit!, with my 3.0biTdi i needed some custom exhaust work to move the tail pipes back a few inch. which involved cutting out a few inch of the system around the back axle and sleeving it back together.

Overall quite a tricky mod on the biTdi but worth it in the end :)

What did you do with the chrome tailpipes? cut them off? Did it come with the angled tailpipe pieces?

sorry missed this... yes i had them cut off, but a lot more exhaust mods were required on the 3.0, see my other post here...

I'm so glad I stubbled across this thread. @Peccy can I ask why you had to get the exhaust moved back? Was the backbox fouling the diffuser?

The reason I ask is that I also have a 3.0 biTdi and want to upgrade to an RS6 diffuser..from first glances it looks like I could trim the tips off and still have room to fix the diffuser.

I'm so glad I stubbled across this thread. @Peccy can I ask why you had to get the exhaust moved back? Was the backbox fouling the diffuser?

The reason I ask is that I also have a 3.0 biTdi and want to upgrade to an RS6 diffuser..from first glances it looks like I could trim the tips off and still have room to fix the diffuser.

See my reply a few posts above, when i 'back' say i mean to allow the pipes to stick out further so the heat can escape, the first time we fitted (with no exhaust extension modifications the diffuser and bumper started to melt! hence another diffuser and bumper. the kit is fine for 2.0 models, but for BiTdi its not compatible and needs a fair bit of work.

Hi. How do you find the Maxton rear lip spoiler please?. I'm thinking of getting one for mine., any close up pictures you could post please?.

Oh right apologies, I read that and thought you mean't you moved it back towards the front of the car.
Upon further inspection of the pics you have posted I can see the pipes poking out slightly. Cheers @Peccy that clear things up for me.
I've found 2 diffusers that claim to fit the S-line bumper on a prefacelift avant but they are rather pricey and I don't quite trust the fit so I think I may do what you did and swap the rear S-line bumper for an SE and buy an SE diffuser.