My Brilliant Black S Line 1.8T

sting3r

Reaction score
took some pictures at the weekend when i cleaned it. Doesnt stay clean for long! By the way if anyone can tell me how to register with a username instead of just my facebook name i'd be very thankful, it wont let me because my email is linked to facebook so it says already in use! I tried a different email address and never received the verification email (checked junk folder.) Only plan for the car is an S line badge on the grille, but im not sure yet. If anyone can recommend a realistic one on ebay (rather than 20 quid for the official one) then i`ll give it a try. Was thinking of getting tints but i dont think i will now. A remap would be nice but its got an approved audi warranty so not sure where i stand in that respect.

2011-11-27_13-28-53_617.jpg

2011-11-27_13-34-24_521.jpg

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and I oOEddOo I
very nice, i like the 1.8 tfsi, sure you will :beerchug:

looks very nice, try audi for your badge you may find it cheaper than you think.

Nice car bud!:icon_thumright: Are you going to keep the same wheels or you going to change them

cheers, definitley keeping the wheels! Also, it has DRL but the standard halogen ones. I did look into changing them but dont think its worth the effort really.

cheers, definitley keeping the wheels! Also, it has DRL but the standard halogen ones. I did look into changing them but dont think its worth the effort really.
well i didnt know that ! i though the drls came with the bi xeons
btw bet that ****** shifts what bhp is it ?

160hp although apparently the 1.8 is more like 170 or so when its been on rolling road and remaps to about 210. 0-60 is 7.6 which feels pretty rapid.

just re read your post will this help £8 on ebay
1320177996422.jpg

1320319871922.jpg

just re read your post will this help £8 on ebay
1320177996422.jpg

1320319871922.jpg

is that the badge you used mate? It just looks a little too chrome compared to the OEM one. The one on the grille looks fine though, if its the same one?

yeah it is but for the money its the best you will find. you could wire wool it up as its on the front one one really notices its crome v.s satin. look at the ( S ) its one of the oly ones thats filled v.s embossed just as the real one is.
defo the best one i found as the real one wont fit ( you need the little inlay on the grille) like in the quattro.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Didnt realise the real one wouldnt fit. I thought the two clips pushed on the back of the horizontal slat, and it pushed into them with the gap in the badge going over the vertical slat. How does yours work are there just some nuts on the back to tighten?

that it mate tighten your nunts lol. the plates need cutting down on the back of mine when I have time.

yeah do it still haven't worked out why audi stopped putting them on the grill looked so nice on the older 8P's

yeah do it still haven't worked out why audi stopped putting them on the grill looked so nice on the older 8P's

Because fran my mate audi are gay! the older grill look so much better ( the bars ) its the same as the se for gods sake. they should have the s3 grill on it and the s3 should share the rs3 grill.

I fitted the chrome effect version off Ebay and it nicely matches the chrome edge to the grille. The dull wing badges look exactly that - dull, in fact may swop them for chrome-effect ones.
The grille badge came with a clip which was not a direct fit to the slats of my '09 but a bit of cutting off plastic and some Superglue it fits a treat.

Fitted the badge today. It is the type with 2 clips, doesnt feel like it will fit but if you force it on it goes on fine and wont be coming off in a hurry! Looks pretty good. Will get a pic when i get round to it.