My Build Thread, Standard, Stage1, Stage2, K04 Conversion and Onwards.......

has this helped you?

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe

• useless!

• Total voters
Yeah I was thinking that but my mechanic mate said get a set just in case my ones are knackered suspension is 13 years old and still standard don't want any surprises when I fit them, but I can still return them if I don't use them

great build thread, if id of seen this when i had my old a3 id of prob spent a bucket load of money on mine to. do strut braces rreally make that much difference?

Yeah ur right nick mate, and Chris I felt a massive difference car felt solid and strong

have been deciding wether or not to buy one for a while, will i notice much difference if im on coliovers already?

Right everyone great news I have finally fitted my JOM Coilovers today and I love them such a great ride and feels so great I can thank oly for the great deal on them and nick (prawn) for the ARB info and massive thanks to my mate dan for fitting them !!

here is the before picture, I was just running standard shocks with Koni springs

e5565657.jpg

And now with my coilovers fitted and I love them

ef4a6355.jpg

The only issue I'm having is that my bbs wheels are actually wider then expected and I'm running 205/40/18 on the fronts! So dan was good enough to fit 5mm spacers as the shocks where very close to my front wheels I will go lower in the future but first will let the settle and see how it goes from there but I love my ride now !!!

Also got home and found this waiting for me,

fefd524a.jpg

My new intercooler this thing is massive and feels great a good build! I can't wait now to start getting things fitted!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the thread !!

Bobby, aka customboy

Excellent news Bobby!

Do you have lots of stuff in the boot in the above pic? the rears usually don't sit quite that low straight away (assuming Dan left the adjusters in still?)

Looks great though, let the front settle a tad, level it up, and job's a goodun :)

Yeah nick mate boot does have a few things in their nothing to heavy, but car doesn't even touch speed bumps no scrapping I love the ride can't thank u enough for the great advice the arb worked great !! And even happier intercooler is here just got to order pipework lol

looking smooth bobby boy. im seriously contemplating ko4 now after looking over this again. 2k you rekon?

Well it all depends on ur budget mate it's a fantastic mod as long as u do it right and make sure engine is running great with no issues

Catching up with your progress mate and i like what im seeing :) keep it coming

safe motoring

Bad call Deeman :(

Bobbys car got written off in a nasty accident that was 100% non fault. The insurance company screwed poor bobby over with a daft offer, and he's now cut his losses and is rolling around London in an Imprezza turbo wagon instead!

Bad call Deeman :(

Bobbys car got written off in a nasty accident that was 100% non fault. The insurance company screwed poor bobby over with a daft offer, and he's now cut his losses and is rolling around London in an Imprezza turbo wagon instead!

No way can't believe it :ohmy: feel for him he really loved that car, suppose the main thing that he is ok but this is guttering to hear :(