my cars been scratched

PiranhaMan

Reaction score
whats the best way to deal with light scratching to my paintwork?

some tool that i work with thought it would be funny to write on my bonnet with his finger
now cos the car was a little dirty (grit/salt mainly of the roads) his handy work has scratched the paint work... not happy at all!!

ive tried t-cut and it didnt do anything so what other options do i have to sort this out

any help appreciated

alex

Slap the **** and make him pay for it tobe buffed out.

If you can feel the scratch with a finger nail it's unlikely to machine polish out. If its just a light scratch in the lacquer then as the rest have said you'll need to use a machine polisher with cutting compound.

Machine polish mate, if you don't have one I will be happy to remove it for you, if your prepared to pop down the lancs too haydock ;) pm me if you like

thanks for the replies lads
... needless to say a few choice words were thrown in his direction and he will be paying to get it sorted

apparently he knows someone that does scratch removal for a living so i think i might be going to see him on monday to get it sorted

@dan... thats a really nice offer that pal and if nothing comes from his mate i'll be in touch

thanks again

thanks for the replies lads
... needless to say a few choice words were thrown in his direction and he will be paying to get it sorted

apparently he knows someone that does scratch removal for a living so i think i might be going to see him on monday to get it sorted

@dan... thats a really nice offer that pal and if nothing comes from his mate i'll be in touch

thanks again
no problem happy to help ;)

just a quick follow up on this

well the lad paid up and i got it sorted
.... used a company called "scuff 2 buff" based in romiley just outside stockport
they do dent/scratch removal and wheel referbs
they did a really good job on the bonnet and all the scratches/writing has gone
they also sorted out my rear arch which had been scraped by another car
touched it up and machine polished it, and considering the extent of the scratches they did a really good job

highly recommended if your in the area