My DIY for today

turbonutz

Reaction score
Today I decided I would replace the anti roll bars for H&R ones that I collected from Mark(Brodster) from Brotek yesterday.

I Only managed to set about and get the back one done as the front needs bit more confidence and information as well. However I found this link if anyone could confirm if be good for me and the S3 to follow as looks a lot alike and I know these cars are similar. DIY DIY - Front Sway Bar

I ha to fork out for a new bit set aswell just for a couple of splin bits :(

Now for a few pictures :)
20130907 161010
20130907 160958
20130907 160927

The some rain came on and I got distracted for a bead shot

20130907 173428

Reactions: sliced
Nice 1 mate, thinking about doing them on mine as well.

I previously had Eibachs on my golf - one of the most worthwhile mods to do IMHO.

Well a not done much driving but with just the rear bar on a feel a bit of back kicking out and am liking that but not done much driving as I said so dont know what its like properly yet. Might do front next week.

When you get the front bar on you'll be going round corners like a loon, believe me:yes:

does the car have these as standard and your just upgrading them, or is it a completely new addon?
sorry for the noob question.

jj

does the car have these as standard and your just upgrading them, or is it a completely new addon?
sorry for the noob question.

jj

Car has its own manufacturer roll bars and bushes, however they are alot lighter and thiner (should have took picture of old and new together!)

No problem haha am still a noob to n had car over a year :p

Car has its own manufacturer roll bars and bushes, however they are alot lighter and thiner (should have took picture of old and new together!)

No problem haha am still a noob to n had car over a year :p

Ahh right, thanks! :D

JJ

Yeh I was thinking that but could do with gettin downpipe and cat as I have blowout in ma flex hmmm

If you dont mind me asking how much did the anti roll bars set you back?

Ya better off talking to guys that are agents on this for price as they vary for car, types and makes etc but generally from 300 to 400 for set of arbs. As a said brodster sorted me out but I went to collect them (cattling £20 of petrol whoops ha)

For the more advanced modders out there, should oem droplinks be changed or will they be fine? Ask this because in my head Im thinking basic physics will determine that the more sturdy bars may exert more stress onto them?

Omg dont do the front roll bar yourself unless your ready to spend absolute hours going mad. Done mine yesterday as it was on and off raining and I ended up soaking wet, losing the plot and going insane at one point trying to fit the sway bar back to front. Meanwhile wondering how I couldn't get sub frame back on haha. But once I rectified all that and began sucsessfully bolting the frame back up as I slowly raised it I was happy to get everything eventually back in its rightful place! :) However I have thrown out my tracking as the holes in suspension arms are really big compared to the bolts ( ive seen you can get collar and bolt sets to fit in place to rectify this, which im appalled that these csrs dont have as standard!) So I will have to take it in anyway to get the wheels aligned! Doh.