My first Audi

Mgreenfield

Reaction score
I've just brought my first Audi a3 2.0 Tdi black edition. Has any one got any ideas what ca do to it?

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read in the faqs thread. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Not that great IMHO... Better than non-Bose OEM, but really not worth the effort of upgrading non-BOSE units... I'd recommend going aftermarket, with a good headunit, speakers, sound deadening, amps and replacement wiring, is definitely the better way to get decent sound.

That is obviously if you are not obsessed with keeping things totally OEM, then good luck :) I know @NHN does retrofits and may have more to add here.

I've only heard one Bose system in a friends car and I've got to be honest, I thought it sounded pants. Upgraded my own speakers and head unit to aftermarket a little while back and think it sounds much better than the Bose I heard and was a relatively easy job to do.

As far as other things you can do to it, it depends how deep your pockets are really. Their is so much that can be done. If you search on here for "a3 mods" their are a couple of threads where people have compiled a list of some of the cheaper and easier mods, may be worth looking at these first to get you started.

Hope this helps anyway, and most of all enjoy the car and enjoy the forum. Plenty of ideas on here and plenty of helpful people if you're ever in a spot of bother and need an answer quick.