My Ideal Chip

mramage

Reaction score
My rant for the day...

Ok, so this isn't just a chip, but here goes. Any takers?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

First criteria : Safety. That means not pushing power output through high boost and timing. Assuming S3 engine/turbo combo can just handle about 280 or so as is, I'd say knock 10% off that, so 250ish, with similar torque. Oh, and no messing with the rev limit.

Second : Usable top end power. Linear increase with a harder hit once above about 4K. S3 has plenty of shove at lower revs as is. If you really need more power use the gears!

Nice to have....

Here's what I'd like. Limited power and boost until the engine is warmed up. Ideally indicated on the DIS as % of available output, along with the current rev. limit. As the car gets warmer your allowed more boost and more revs as appropriate.

Comments/flames /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Somebody give Mark a nudge, he's dreaming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This backs up me being at work today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but you already have that limiter system - it's called your right foot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif :p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Simon

Limiter system for cold start as simon says is you!

Ever thought of getting a boost controller ? don't need one of these expensive gizmos, just a simple solenoid and pot. I've got a van aaken one of the cav and its fine, open the unit and you can define min and max boost, at the moment on mine low boost is 10psi max is about 21 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Technically speaking its old, as its all analogue, but the new digital ones are expensive and a bit of overkill really.

Mark, I read your post and missed the line where you talk about timing, detonation and twisted metal???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Arson Panda said:
Mark, I read your post and missed the line where you talk about timing, detonation and twisted metal???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

For Crafty etc. Yes, might right foot does fine. But it's hard to sometime use more revs and less boost at junctions. Often just wait until I can doddle out without much of either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif