My little project......

davidg123

Reaction score
Been on here a while and thought I'd post a few pics of my car so far. I have an A4 B8 2.0 TDI Quattro (170 bhp)

New front splitter just added. Found for an A5, but fits well.

20180405 194511

Carbon fibre wing mirror covers. Think I'll change for full covers in time though.
 20180405 194631

New peddle box from DTUK. Easy to fit and a massive difference to throttle response. Keeping it on low settings until I get use to it though.
DSC 1073

Also fitted, from DTUK, tuning box. Fits straight onto the fuel rail and boost sensors. Easy to route and instructions were easy to follow with handy pictures.

Had a few issues at first......

1. In first second and third gear some juddering at around 1800rpm.

2. This was an odd feeling...... With my foot buried to the floor, at 3700 rpm ish the car felt like it put the brakes on and engine power died.

After a couple of runs with different settings and car runs sweet, with a noticeable difference in power delivery and overall performance. I would definitely recommend if you don't want a fixed remap and begin to enjoy your car again.

Hope you enjoy.

Hi mate, looking good. Where did you get the splitter from? Really like the look of it

Just noticed they also have side skirts for £100 or £170 for the skirts and splitter..... Wonder if they'd fit on the a4

Car looks great. Just a quick one but what is the differece between getting a tuning box and just having a revo remap done?

I'e got the same car the 170 and was looking at the revo remap but have seen a lot of people mentioning the DTUK tuning box instead and how easy was it to fit?

Have you considered a Superchips,BlueFin, there's one for sale in classifieds, will probably need reset for an A4, but cheaper than a Tuning box or REVO Remap.
I've had a BlueFin on both my previous Audi's, A4 143bhp & A5 177bhp, both TDI's, great piece of kit. Have a look on Superchips website.

@JRock247

JG

I if I'm honest @Leyton388 I did consider a remap, but thought new exhaust, intercooler and air filter would be better first to get maximum benefit from it. The DTUK tuning box was about £370 from there site, so probably about the same as a remap(depending on where you go). It's kind of a nice feeling plugging something in and seeing a difference to the car. I'll see how mpg has been affected when I get back to work next week. Also I have the option to take it back to factory if I want rather than getting another map.

I do agree with @JG51 AUD, having a look at what's around and knowing what you want for your car is best way to go. Took a few months till I actually decided to go for the box I did.

Reactions: RS5 JON and Leyton388
After taking the dogs a walk I felt bored..... So found a vinyl sticker and stuck it on.

20180406 165413

Also one of the carbon fibre wing mirror cover.

DSC 1086

Reactions: xpoweruk, DieselJake and Leyton388
I if I'm honest @Leyton388 I did consider a remap, but thought new exhaust, intercooler and air filter would be better first to get maximum benefit from it. The DTUK tuning box was about £370 from there site, so probably about the same as a remap(depending on where you go). It's kind of a nice feeling plugging something in and seeing a difference to the car. I'll see how mpg has been affected when I get back to work next week. Also I have the option to take it back to factory if I want rather than getting another map.

I do agree with @JG51 AUD, having a look at what's around and knowing what you want for your car is best way to go. Took a few months till I actually decided to go for the box I did.

Thanks for the information. What exhaust? Intercooler and air filter did you go with?

@Leyton388 I haven't fitted them yet or even looked lol. They're are what I would upgrade if I were to go for a remap. I am thinking of deleting the back boxes and getting duel exit exhaust though (keeping the dpf and going from mid box to tail pipes) not sure how this will affect the new mot laws coming in during May though. .....

Reactions: Leyton388
Who knew carbon wrapping a boot spoiler was going to be so difficult.... Happy with the results, but think I'll be looking for an actual carbon boot lip.

DSC 1088
 20180407 195157
 20180407 195407

Looks good. I contacted DTUK today and spoke to them about their tuning boxes.

The prices seems pretty decent and they have just updated their boxes so they can now be controlled through an app on your phone.

Think I will be ordering one next week.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Cheers mate, she's getting there.

Yeah forgot about that, I'll have to see if mine is controllable from my phone!!!

Loving the box I got from them if I'm honest just need to have a play with the settings to get the right one for your car and driving style

So today I had my first run in the car with the new dtuk tuning box, where I knew what the mpg should be (according to the trip computer, which I know isn't the most accurate). So normally the 41 mile journey gets me around 46mpg, driving normally and not mashing my foot to the floor. Today I got 52.3mpg, which I'm well happy with. Hope this keeps up!!

20180421 205001

New ten inch free air sub, along with LOC lci2 unit and pioneer amp. Oooo bouncy.

Bet that's going to sound great. I ordered a tuning box and Padal box today and can't wait to try them out.

It does mate, it's redicylous. Everything fits under the factory b&o amp in the boot too.

I've had the peddle box and dtuk box for a little while now and think it's at a place I like. Definitely a good gain in fuel economy and noticeable power gain. Feels better through gears, especially the higher rpm.