My MK1 Quattro revival part one completed.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening chaps.
It's been a long few weeks but finally got the TT ready for its MOT on Monday.
I have always had a soft spot for the TT's and the MK1 is my favourite so when a cheap as chips MK1 180T facelift Quattro in Raven Black Pearl with Aniseed yellow trim, i just could not refuse it.
It needed a lot of TLC, to say the least, and just to get to MOT stage.
It had been stood outside un-loved and not started for 2 years and I suspect the previous had not really addressed things when it needed it.
On 128k miles, had a new clutch etc at 126k so that's is a big bonus, will need cambelt service asap along with Haldex oil change,and brake fluid change but that's next week.
Thus far I've.
new engine oil/filter
replaced the dampers and springs all around along with all suspension bushes to all parts ( uprated items in all areas) it had broken springs on all 4 corners, the rear damper were leaking like no tomorrow and front dampers were shot.
new ARB drop links all-round
new steering track rod ball joints
new OE 18" alloys as the old ones were just a bin job.
2 new tyres
New MTech drilled and grooved discs all around with pads (discs were shot and calliper seized too)
new aftermarket Xenons
Restored the headlamp covers back to nearly new condition
Fitted uprated front strut brace
new V6 larger Dia Rear ARB
Nearly new Malian 3" Catback system
New 225 rear valance
new CV boots allround.
20mm & 15mm spacers fitted
Addressed 17 logged faults across numerous modules, some easy to resolve others a bit more persistent but dealt with them in the end via my VCDS.

so that about it until its on the road and i can move onto other goodies.
will wack up some pics shortly.

rob

Last edited:
I had a feeling it was going to be one of those cars as soon as i got the back wheels of..lol, tip of a very large iceberg.
Ttmk1g

Reactions: daytonamart
IMG 2697 1
IMG 2801

Attachments

• IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2806 (1).JPG
    IMG_2806 (1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2892.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
Reactions: daytonamart
All the recent week's of hard work on the TT has paid off today with a nice new MOT, passed with flying colours which made it all worthwhile.

Onto the next part, engine bay.

Thus far the TT is going really well and nothing adverse has happened just yet, that said it might tomorrow..lol
I fitted a Malian system which was nice but just not speed bump compatible sadly so off it came and i replaced it with a 225 OE system, sounds a bit tame now though and the rear tips look like peashooters, I'm on the lookout for something a bit more suitable.:icon thumright:
in the last couple of weeks, I've carried out a cambelt/water pump change, which it did need. :scared2:
dealt with a rear seatback folding mechanism problem.
Replace the dog bone bushes too as they were shot big time.
I had a mad hazard lights session too , I pinpointed it to a failed hazard light switch so another fix there.

so touch wood all is a well in the just rob TT dept for now, looking forwards now to some more mods under the bonnet , not sure how far the 180 bhp lump can be tuned before it get silly, but willing to give it a go.:yes:

Things i have noticed in my as far short ownership.
Remaps of the 180 engine can be a tad lively..lol
The V6 rear ARB is an excellent upgrade to the stock OE item, i noticed the improvement straight away after fitting it.
OE head units are rubbish or more likely the speakers are after many years use.