My mum needs to go to court!

Good luck mate, hope it all goes ok, oh and smart wear, alot to gain, nothing to lose.

Wow, I just read through what happened to your mum. I really hope you get justice at the trial. Good luck.

I hope everything went ok for you Jojo.
Hopefully they have seen the truth in the matter and found for your mum.

Well what a load of ****** the CPS is! You can guess the outcome no? On top of the failing to stop and failing to report an incident charges, on the actual day, they added a third charge of driving without due care to the list, and my mother was convicted of all three charges, 8pts on her license and a bill for £830, not to mention another £900 for our solicitor! :wtf:

So they went with the 'injured' party, as they had a witness, and we didn't.... even though the actual victim seemed to have two versions of her statement, making mistake after mistake whilst being questioned, and being damn right nervous and twitchy during her period on the stand. Her witness just said what she saw, and that was good enough!

I've realised that because my mother can't speak fluent english(she can speak it fine and communicate like a normal person, but when it comes to technical terms needed in the court, she has no chance!), we needed a translater, and a few terms was lost in translation which went against my mum, and that being a good samaritan, offering help to a person is deemed to be an admission of guilt aswell!

Anyways, luckily my mum has a strong will, she took it on the chin and won't bother to appeal.... she said that didn't feel very fair to our solicitor afterwoods, but could still bring about a smile! So proud of my mum on how she stood her ground and continually denied she 'did not hit her' throughout the trial! She still has her license, and she's going to be 60 next year, so doesn't want to waste anymore of our resources(me and my sister's) and time on this, she can live with it!

So there you have it, another scammer(in my opinion) on the winning side, apologies for your insurance premiums going up.

And finally, UP YOURS! 'CPS'

Reactions: fallmonk
went the same way for me
but atleast she stood her ground and she tried
lets hope the next time they run infront of a car for a claim they slip under the wheels

Well that truly sucks!

What does th complainant get...does it open door for them to now seek recompense from insurance co.?

Well that truly sucks!

What does th complainant get...does it open door for them to now seek recompense from insurance co.?

I'm guess the victim will open a civil claim against my mum for compensation which the insurance company will deal with. The legal protection side of things takes care of this, and the insurers legal team has already taken a statement from my mother a few weeks back in preparation for the civil case in the event of being convicted of the criminal charges.

the odd thing when my mum was convicted was the judge wanted to compensate the victim £50, then my solicitor stepped in and said she can't compensate her, she has no power to award that, it's a civil matter... to which the judge backed down and apologised, and it made me feel she was incompetant in her job!

Jojo, that stinks. I'm so sorry that your mum has to go through that. She sounds a pretty stoic lady, plus she clearly gets a lot of support from you, but she still shouldn't have to experience such nonsense.

Give her a hug from me.

Just a quick warning to you all regarding legal cover on your insurance policies! Do not skimp on this, not for the £20-25 it costs for the cover, it could save you thousands, as this case will prove!

Jojo, that stinks. I'm so sorry that your mum has to go through that. She sounds a pretty stoic lady, plus she clearly gets a lot of support from you, but she still shouldn't have to experience such nonsense.

Give her a hug from me.

It's quite simple Jeff, she's the person that gave birth to me, and taught me much of what's right or wrong. I'm definitely grateful for that, as I think I'm a pretty decent guy from all the experiences she's had to make me a better person!!

It's quite simple Jeff, she's the person that gave birth to me, and taught me much of what's right or wrong. I'm definitely grateful for that, as I think I'm a pretty decent guy from all the experiences she's had to make me a better person!!

Couldn't have put it better.

Sorry to hear this mate, hope your mum is ok and not too down with it all.

Just a quick warning to you all regarding legal cover on your insurance policies! Do not skimp on this, not for the £20-25 it costs for the cover, it could save you thousands, as this case will prove!

not to mention another £900 for our solicitor! :wtf:

Sorry to hear about the outcome, definitely sounds like a scam if you ask me. I'm just a bit confused here, will you get the £900 you paid for a solicitor back from the legal cover?

Sorry to hear about the outcome, definitely sounds like a scam if you ask me. I'm just a bit confused here, will you get the £900 you paid for a solicitor back from the legal cover?

No mate, that's the charge for having a trial with a solicitor. My mother was not entitled to legal aid, as her combined income with my dad was not low enough. Even though my Dad is retired and on a pension, and my mum's current income is less than £10k per annum. The legal aid side of thing pays for compensation claims made against the driver from motoring incidents, e.g. whiplash claims, and in this incidence, claim for being hit by a car.

Really sorry to hear about this Joe :(

And people really wonder why the public have no faith in the CPS?

Complete joke. It's so annoying and damn right disgraceful that the justice system does this to us all. I've been lucky never to have a court case agaisnt me, but I can only admire your mums strength to keep her chin up and smile. Kudos for keeping her head held high through the lot. She knew what was being made agaisnt her and fought a case that was stacked agaisnt her. Well done for being the bigger person.

Well what a load of ****** the CPS is! You can guess the outcome no? On top of the failing to stop and failing to report an incident charges, on the actual day, they added a third charge of driving without due care to the list, and my mother was convicted of all three charges, 8pts on her license and a bill for £830, not to mention another £900 for our solicitor! :wtf:

So they went with the 'injured' party, as they had a witness, and we didn't.... even though the actual victim seemed to have two versions of her statement, making mistake after mistake whilst being questioned, and being damn right nervous and twitchy during her period on the stand. Her witness just said what she saw, and that was good enough!

I've realised that because my mother can't speak fluent english(she can speak it fine and communicate like a normal person, but when it comes to technical terms needed in the court, she has no chance!), we needed a translater, and a few terms was lost in translation which went against my mum, and that being a good samaritan, offering help to a person is deemed to be an admission of guilt aswell!

Anyways, luckily my mum has a strong will, she took it on the chin and won't bother to appeal.... she said that didn't feel very fair to our solicitor afterwoods, but could still bring about a smile! So proud of my mum on how she stood her ground and continually denied she 'did not hit her' throughout the trial! She still has her license, and she's going to be 60 next year, so doesn't want to waste anymore of our resources(me and my sister's) and time on this, she can live with it!

So there you have it, another scammer(in my opinion) on the winning side, apologies for your insurance premiums going up.

And finally, UP YOURS! 'CPS'
Unfortunately jo, this is what I and my fellow compatriots had to deal with on a daily basis.And you wonder why plod and the public are pizzed off.My frustrations are with you matey.