My new 2017 A6 Avant Black Edition

StuF

Reaction score
Picked up my nearly new A6 Avant Black Edition yesterday after trading in my 2013 A6 Avant S Line. Really pleased with the car so far although had a minor heart attack at the 472 quid a year road tax which for a 2.0l diesel is scandelous........ I'm sure I could have taxed an RS6 for that. Anyway here's the pics :)

Reactions: Rhyso, Spiedhermonkey, GavG and 3 others
Lovely car, congratulations.

I love Moonlight Blue, nearly went for it on mine but went for the bolder choice with Misano Red. Any options specced?

Reactions: A6MAH and StuF
Very nice, love the colour first time I have seen that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps, the moonlight blue does look so good in the metal. Just standard black edition spec with heated memory seats and folding mirrors which I think was standard for 2017 cars anyway :)

Reactions: A6MAH
Stunning car - as above like those wheels alot

Thanks........ here's hoping I don't kerb them haha

Great choice of colour. I've got the 3.0 TDI 272 BHP in Moonlight Blue on a 66 plate. People comment that it looks blue in some lights and black in others. Great car, enjoy!!

Reactions: StuF
Thanks mate, yeah the colour does look pretty black under certain light and its probably the wrong time of year to really appreciate the colour. My previous prefacelift avant was black and I vowed never to buy another dark coloured car again simply due to the fact they're awful to keep clean. I have been thinking about a new car detail with the ceramic coating just to make life a bit easier for myself.

Lovely colour and motor. I was sold on the colour when I bought mine year ago

Lovely car, love the wheels... is it just me though does it suffer the ‘dealership wonky rear number plate syndrome’?

Great looking car!

I've got a 2013 A6 Avant Black Edition 2.0TDI, can I ask how you feel about upgrading to essentially the same car, is the additional cost worth it?

I'm toying with the idea of updating mine, but concerned I wouldn't really notice any difference for the outlay - especially with the tax!

Enjoy it!

Lovely car, love the wheels... is it just me though does it suffer the ‘dealership wonky rear number plate syndrome’?

Lol yeah it does slightly, as soon as I get my V5 through the plates will be getting changed anyway and I'll make sure it's straight.

Great looking car!

I've got a 2013 A6 Avant Black Edition 2.0TDI, can I ask how you feel about upgrading to essentially the same car, is the additional cost worth it?

I'm toying with the idea of updating mine, but concerned I wouldn't really notice any difference for the outlay - especially with the tax!

Enjoy it!

My 2013 avant was just an S Line so I may not have considered it had I already had a black edition. Always thought the wheels were too small for the size of the car and the black styling makes a big difference in my opinion. The heated memory seats and Bose sound system are nice additions too.

It is essentially the same car though and the tax is a killer now but the deal I was offered was very good so made the change worthwhile. I think with the A6 due a change the deals are only going to get better too....... plus I can't think of any other family car is want right now (bar an RS6) :)

lovely looking motor, should have got a 66 plate though £30 road tax ;)