My New A3 - lots of pics

• Thread starter imported_wolfpacker
  • Start date
I

imported_wolfpacker

Just a lowly lurker here but I post from time to time - great board. Here's a ton of pics of my new US sportback. I've ordered the roof rails special - not available in here unless the dealer writes it in on the order form ($500). As you'd say, I'm quite chuffed! The colour is Garnet Red - not sure you have it in the UK?

DSCN2048.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg

DSCN2061.jpg

DSCN2068.jpg

DSCN2074.jpg

DSCN2099.jpg

Congrats on the new Motor dude, it's
looking smart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Looks great wolfpacker, love the colour.
I didn't think the alu rails were an option over there?

MikeP, just seen you are in Suffolk, do us a deal on a Revo remap on the A6 tdi mate?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks mint!

Personally IMO the roof rails should be standard on the sportback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everyone! The rails were a must have - I *think* the S-line coming to the US in 2006 will feature these standard.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks great wolfpacker, love the colour.
I didn't think the alu rails were an option over there?

MikeP, just seen you are in Suffolk, do us a deal on a Revo remap on the A6 tdi mate?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a call on Tuesday next week, (I'm off to France today) and we can sort something out.

Contact details: http://www.pragmatik-ict.co.uk/Contact.cms

Cool ride Wolfpacker. Audi have made a nice job of the US version. Whereabouts are you in the US?

[ QUOTE ]
Cool ride Wolfpacker. Audi have made a nice job of the US version. Whereabouts are you in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd guess he is in Arizona - that's one of the states that don't require front licence plates?????

Though 'Hartsfield Auto Service' turns out to be a googlewhack...

so i am guessing Raleigh, North Carolina? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

We have a winner - Raleigh, NC it is!

Stalker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I'm really glad we do not have front plate requirements (most states do). Now if only we did not have the amber corner markers on the rub strips in the US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Garnet Red looks really nice - it's an option on some models (e.g. A4) but not the A3 unless you're prepared to pay for an "exclusive" paint job (about $2500).

What's that ridge at the front of the roof? Is it a wind deflector of some sort? Do you have the Open Sky?

I have Open Sky on my UK Sportback and I get quite a lot of noise at anything over about 40mph.

Yep - open sky was open for these pics. Its a little more noisy than I had hoped. Try pulling down the deflector while driving and you'll see why they added it!

Your deflector looks like it's solid? Mine is some cheap cloth thing that pokes up when the Open Sky is open and looks really naff.

Nope same cheap cloth stuff - looks like pantyhose!

It will be interesting to see how it holds up after 3-4 years. Maybe it will surprise us.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice theres no headlight washers with the xenons in these pics?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because theres no law in america to have a headlight cleaning system with xenon lights like there is in the UK.

Nice colour, no chance of getting the roof rails colour matched?

Correct on the xenons (these are bi-xenon btw). We cannot get headlight washers in the US at all. Even on the 'cold weather package' (which includes heated seats, heated windshield washer nozzles, heated outside mirrors, ski sack).

I know in Europe you can get the rails in aluminum or black, but I never heard about colour matched? The aluminum rails are a 'write-in' order option here to begin with,and I haven't heard of anyone getting the black ones. I don't think colour matched would look that great.