My New Audi S3 (8L)

Pete.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new on this forum.

I have recently bought an Audi S3 (8L) here are some photos (they aren't great photos, I have been trying to get some decent ones but the weather has been rubbish lately.)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The car has a couple of niggles that I need to fix, the passenger window will come down but not go back up, I have bought some replacement clips (thanks to the forum for the info on what was wrong with it) that’s this weekend’s job.

The head unit fitted was an aftermarket one and it was buzzing when on, so upon investigation it appears to have a switched power feed taken from the fuel pump, causing interference. I have decided I would like to replace it with OEM, this is where I could do with some advice from you guys.

The car is a 2003 and does not have bose. Would something like one of these fit?

Audi Concert car radio/CD player | eBay
AUDI CONSERT CD PLAYER A4 A3 TT ((COMES WITH RADIO CODE)) 100% WORKING, MINT CON | eBay
Audi Concert 2 Headunit *VERY GOOD CONDITION WITH NO BUTTON WEAR* | eBay

or would I have to get something like this:
Audi Concert Radio | eBay

Hi Pete, welome to ASN. Nice car. You will get lots of help and advice in here. Enjoy the forum. :)

Looks like a good one pal! Welcome to the forum!

When I got my S3 it had an after market head unit and I replaced it with an original one. It can be a mine field getting the one that fits. Post a pic of your centre dash so we can see the orientation.

Dan

Cheers for the positive comments chaps!

When I got my S3 it had an after market head unit and I replaced it with an original one. It can be a mine field getting the one that fits. Post a pic of your centre dash so we can see the orientation.

Dan

Not my photo but its the same as this (obviously mine currently has no head unit.)

The other issue I forgot to mention is that the controls on the Air Con are all worn, so I need to get a replacement for that as well.

2007_0119iPod_Audi_Holder30004.jpg

Yeah your console setup is the same as mine.

I can give you the part number for mine, so you know it'll fit, its only a tape player one but when linked with an xcarlink Ipod connector you wont need the cd player.

Dan

Welcome and congrats on your purchase, also watch out for second hand head units with the volume problem....:icon_thumright:

Yeah I know about this, had the same problem with my old S4 - it was ****** annoying!

Yeah your console setup is the same as mine.

I can give you the part number for mine, so you know it'll fit, its only a tape player one but when linked with an xcarlink Ipod connector you wont need the cd player.

Dan

Yeah that would be great if you could.

Am I right in assuming the CD players from the more recent 8P S3 and other Audi's would not be suitable?

I would like the ability to play CD's as well but only if it doesn't mean loads of faff with it all.

The one for my Chorus II Xcarlink adapter is SKU143. You will need to check its an ISO-8 20 pin connector to fit the Chorus II head unit.

The Chorus II is:

2012-04-16123953.jpg

Dan

So SKU143 is for the iSomething adaptor?

It looks smart with that headunit, just out of interest would that be what was fitted to a 2003 S3 as standard?

I'm envious of your heater controls, mine are horrible compared with yours.

Yeah I know about this, had the same problem with my old S4 - it was ****** annoying!

Yeah that would be great if you could.

Am I right in assuming the CD players from the more recent 8P S3 and other Audi's would not be suitable?

I would like the ability to play CD's as well but only if it doesn't mean loads of faff with it all.

I'll post the part number tomorrow, I dont know much about the actual cd playing head units, I did look into having the head unit i currently have linked in with both the xcarlink and the separate glove box multi cd disk changer but it was gonna be too much faff.

Bought the xcarlink and never looked back.

I'll post the part number tomorrow, I dont know much about the actual cd playing head units, I did look into having the head unit i currently have linked in with both the xcarlink and the separate glove box multi cd disk changer but it was gonna be too much faff.

Bought the xcarlink and never looked back.

Cheers, and to be honest you are probably right, I don't think I ever used the CD player in the 182 once I'd put the iPod cable in.

Im not sure if the head unit i currently have is the original one, fits fine though, my xcarlink was about £90, steep but worth it:

Audi iPod Interface�::�AUDI�::�XCarLink

Unfortunately the buttons wearing on the heater controls/radio are common, so too around the head lights.

Dan

Yep, I could probably do with a new headlight switch panel as well!

Welcome to the site, car looks perfect....enjoy your stay :)

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I've got a pre-facelift and always wanted to upgrade the console from pre to post facelift. Is it possible to just buy an entire centre console (the part in the pics above) and fit to mine? Mine's a single din and this facelift unit is double so unsure if I could just swap the centre console peice out?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated;)

As promised:

2012-04-19185634.jpg

pm me if you need the removal keys, ill send you mine as long as you promise to send them back!

Dan

Great car mate. Youll find that the people on ASN are very helpful and friendly.

Other forums can be full of idiots! :)