My new car has various problems.. 09 Audi A5 3.0TDI-Q Coupe

Stian Børresen

Reaction score
I have a 2009 A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI Quattro, there are some faults i cant get worked out:

- Side assist is greyed out in the MMI 2G menu, i have the button on the inside of the left mirror and it stopped working and i cant seem to get contact with the module in VCDS all of a sudden.

- Left door will not open or lock properly, can this be a slow central locking actuator?

- Left mirror will not heat or move sideways when adjusting it + it will not fold in when i press the button or in the MMI. It will blind and move up and down, thats it.

- Bang And Olufsen amplifier is "dead",no sound but MMI works flawless regardless. I have had it opened and there is no waterdamage or other damage from what i can see - VCDS tells me the controller is defective and not coded, whatever that means..

- Keyless entry does not work, but i have a faultcode on both sensors on the doors, so i have ordered new ones and hoping this will fix this part as it seems this is a common problem.

- Webasto/Aux heater will not turn on by remote or via MMI, heater locked in vcds and i cant seem to find any way to reset this - nor do i find a fuse for this annoying piece of equipment.. Any idea if there is a fuse for it or is that in the thermal top on the unit?

Thats what i can remember atm, its probably not that hard to fix but i a little less clue on Audi's than i have on BMW's so i need some help .

I'm sorry to hear about this but this is the subforum for the B9 A5 you might have better luck getting help on the other A5 subforum.