My new car + my re-introduction

marwayg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As you may know, i am a previous ASN member owning a 2003 A3 3.2 V6.... having had that for a year and struggling to sell it, i did so finally and bought the next car !

I am proud to say i bought another Audi A3 and cannot be happier with my purchase !!

Just thought i'd start a little thread to introduce my car and get your input on small things of small cost i could do for a big difference.

2007 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi (S-Line) 140

I only ever drive it on the motorway and enjoy the comforts of the car. Not a boy racer but do like it looking a tad sporty.

Pics after being washed and waxed myself......

Photos 026Photos 023Photos 024Photos 022Photos 004Photos 021Photos 009Photos 005Photos 006Photos 030Photos 031Photos 029Photos 016

Modification ideas:
-------------------
Tint back 3 windows
Debadge 'A3' and '2.0TDI'
Put in a nice subwoofer to accompany the Bose surround
MY11 Lights
Xenon head light conversion
Ice white interior lighting + sidelights
Honeycombe grille? (keep chrome not make gloss black)
Put on rolled twin exhaust tips
Remap for better mpg and more power + to increase turbo noise

I do believe the car has an internal dump valve as i hear it when i accelerate a bit harder in 2nd and 3rd. My mechanic has also told me this too. Would love to increase the turbo noise and that tiny dump valve noise. Was told the remap would do this, no problem.

Otherwise, I hope you all like it !

Once an Audi owner, Always an audi owner :)

Last edited:
Like it mate, looks good & look forward to seeing the mods, i've done a couple on the list to mine but am looking to do some of the other stuff on your list aswel.

Very nice mate, good list of mods as well. Gonna add some more :happy:: RNSE would finish off the interior nicely, lower it abit more, remove the mad flap.

Looks a nice car... Not sure why you'd want another sub over the one fitted with Bose though!

RNS-e is a good mod. Diesels don't have dump valves and no a remap won't give you any more noise apart from a louder turbo spool whistle due to the increased boost. An induction kit will make this louder still...

i see, an induction kit would set me back how much?
and would it have any effects (negative/positive) in the long run?

I was told by my mechanic that it has a 'internal' bog standard dump fitted in every 8p A3 :think: not sure if that is true.
I do get a tiny turbo spooling noise at the moment, but very quiet. Love to hear more turbo noise :) (definate remap 1st)
How much would an RNS-e cost to put in? Ive seen em in a few cars and they looks brilliant!!

@snipe I dont think id want to remove the mud flaps... when i coat them in the 'back to black' stuff, it looks really good! gives the car a more sporty look IMO.

Going to Debadge 'A3' and '2.0 Tdi' myself hopefully within this week.
I will show pictures of each step on here :)

Very nice mate you will hear the turbo a lot more when you get it map

I spoke to a mate who also has the 2.0 Tdi (140).
He got his remapped and said it blew his turbo. And apparently its common with most audi Turbo diesels that are mapped.
Is this true? (hence the current stock spooling noise)

Depends on which one you want and if you wanted accessories
what options are there? cheapest option?

Ive also got a stock ipod wire in the glove box. I plug it in but can only manage to play my music from the letter A - Z (and as i have 2000+ tracks, it gets very very annoying to get to one song).

Any way of playing music FROM the ipod rather than A-z ?

Very nice car! almost identical spec to mine! I'm planning similar mods too so will be nice to see how yours progress.

Regarding the iPod I find this frustrating too, the best thing to do is create yourself 6 playlists and put the songs you listen to most in them, you can then navigate the playlists using the CD changer.. not sure if there's an easier way then that.

ah yeah! i look forward to see your progress too!!

Ive noticed that there are 12 numbers in the CD changer.

is 7-12 the 6 different playlists that you can make? (im using my iphone you see)

I think it should be the same for the iPhone and iPod as I use both but I think its numbers 1 - 6 that are the different playlists.

I only have 6 numbers for my CD changer so if you have 12 then you might be able to create 12 playlists not too sure..

There's a bit about it in the A3 handbook too if that helps.

Cheers mate, ill have a little read on that later and get back to u on here :)

Been a while since ive updated you all....

I have new DRL lights fitted + had xenons fitted (8k) From a company on ebay called RM i believe.

Also debadging A3 and 2.0 TDI today