My new car..

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
The eagle eyed amongst you will more than likely recognize the car.

She has gone to a good home and will be well looked after. There are a few performance upgrades on the cards but she's already packing a good slap around the chops when the fast peddle is pressed..

A4SE2.jpg

A4SE3.jpg

A4SE1.jpg

Wow! Didn't even know he was selling!

You gonna be running two A4's then?

The green one will be put back to standard spec (nearly standard) I think and then sold. The parts to come off the green one will then be sold too.

The outlaw turbo setup from the purple one will also be up for grabs when I manage to get the T28 kit ready for action.

Marks already got his replacement, but hes being a tart with the photos :p

I'm looking forward to the T28 lee!

im not far from Herts depends which part though

Had that been my previous car I'd feel the same way.

I heard Byzan's bought (past tense?) a TQ.

I was thinking of changing but it looks like I'll be keeping her instead. Just had it serviced today by DPM. :sm4:

Last edited:
mark, bummer you sold her but atleast its staying to a forum member, nice catch lee and be good to see wot that T28 does to the car:)

Glad she's gone to a good home.

Also glad to hear Mark's got another B5, so will be remaining on the B5 boards with us.

Ok guys i have stuck my runaround in my own post.

I know Lee will look after her, and will hopefully give me first dibs if he ever has to get shot.

It unfortunatly was necessary to down grade, i was lucky to stay with the 4 rings.

So whats the timescale on this T28 then mate?

I'd love to get it all done now but I still need to fork out for a new intake setup before it can go on.. Ideally I need the money for injectors and map too as it'll be depressing having it running on a 150HP map.

Obviously buying the new/byzan car has taken some cash so it's when I can get on top of it all again.

I hear ya.

Given that the car is MAF fuelled, will it really run all that badly with the T28 fitted but running a standard remap for now?

Whats you needing to do with the intake?

Need a new TIP to fit the larger diameter turbo intake and 3" maf. The position of the Garrett obstructs the airbox so that needs shifting/replacing etc too.

It's all going to be bespoke so needs some planning.. I have worked out a way of doing it but it means losing the airbox which isn't ideal really.

Hmmm.. I don't want to risk maxing the injectors and running lean but in theory the maf readings should limit the airflow. Theory doesn't always seem to work from my past experiences lol.

Ye it might all go to ****, and by then its too late as the turbos fitted etc. Didnt andy_b run it on his engine with the standard map though?

I don't think he ever connected the N75 back into the system so it was running on the actuator setting and MAF only.. I might be wrong.

Sure it'd be fine on a standard or 200HP map but with the Chipped UK 'unlimited boost' map I think I might be asking for trouble.

..I'd still have to wait for the map and injectors to complete it though. Imagine knowing you've got close to 300HP ready to go but can't unleash it lol

..don't know if I could handle the frustration!?!

lol aye, its probably better just to wait and do it properly, but i'd be tapping my feet knowing the blower is sat on the garage shelf staring at me :p