My new RS4

The911SC

Reaction score
Hi All,
Took the plunge; S4 goes in January swapped for a Phantom Black RS4 (new).
Solar sunroof, recaros, rear airbags plus all the std stuff
Here's a pic
rs4_2.jpg

Saw a black avant version while out for an after xmas dinner walk yesterday, those alloys are the dogs danglies....

They do look stunning in black! :thumbsup:

Booth_S3 said:
Im so in love with the new RS4's wish i had 60k or whatever they are spare!

I could afford to buy one but have you seen the latest figures they're giving for 3 year residuals :wacko:

The new M3 won't help either.

A car that hugs you as you REALLY DRIVE IT! Go on push that "Sport" button..............you know you want to! Oh! Listen to that sound as you go from 4,000rpm upwards what a cacophony of sound. Turn OFF the STEREO and open the window and inch and your smile will get bigger and then EVERYONE WILL WONDER WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UP TO!! Super Car is so inadequate for such a CAR! ps New Discs and pads all round on a RS6 over £2500! So use the brakes carefully or GIVE IT TO ME when you've done no more then 10k miles PLEASE!

I just can't make up my mind about it,,,,,,,,, performance is no better than my S4, brakes are though, handling too I guess. But.......... It's just not the overall 'leap' I was hoping for!!

Let me know what you reckon after you've had it for a while?:salute:

No better than the s4?.. have you driven one...?
Owning an S4 right now(for 2 years), they are quite different but its all personal taste right...?
Its not just horsepower but the whole ride and active suspension bit that made the choice for me..
I was going to buy a new S4 but dealers have such a small allocation of these for next year, the rs4 became a better proposition plus I got a good deal on it since its an unregistered 06 car cancelled order.
Its not a supercar quantum leap and I was potentially going to get back into a 911 again but it suits my situation right now and my S4 lost only about 3K odd per year of my ownership including me stacking miles on it...

They stop making them this year so it remains to be seen if they hold as well as the B5 RS4.
No car is an investment so you have to go into these things eyes open.

Should be sometime this week...

I forgot to add that my S4 has AMD Stage 3 modifications! (411BHP when it came out of AMD, but less now.) So yes, I guess the difference between the standard S4 ans RS4 would be much more noticeable.........

I have had a couple of decent 'goes' in the RS4, Like I said I can't make up my mind if it's worth the money...........

I really would be intrested in what you think,,,,,, as I've said before, the only financial interest I have in a car, is how much I have to pay each month for the pleasure of driving it!

I'll keep you posted!..
IF my S4 was modified (like yours)and I was looking to keep it longer term, the decision would have been much harder. It was difficult in the ways that you say.. is it THAT much better than a nice S4, especially a B7 S4 with lots of spec?.. It was for me as I mentioned not just horsepower but everything else that makes the package although i will miss my B6 S4 I think..
For me it was better than my B6 which I had planned to sell this year anyway and the right deal ticked the final boxes as I planned to go to B7 S4.
The way I am thinking at the moment, I may well keep it 3 years (I like to have the peace of mind of the dealership full warranty and a new'ish car).
Not overly worried about the residual; thus far I have done ok on trade in's at the dealership and not always trade up wise either. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!..
Thanks for your comments though....

I parked next to a 2nd hand one of these 2day for sale at my local Audi stealer, £48k 2nd hand, was a lovely looking car looks awesome.
good luck and make sure you post up some pics when you get it:thumbsup:

Hi Jon,

I Dont Like it sorry!

Now.... if it was Diesel! :laugh:

Lovely car mate, bring it over when you get it!

The911SC said:
Hey stranger!... Thought you might have bid on my S4?!..

I would have loved to, but unfortuantely it takes the wrong type of Fuel!

Did you get a good deal? And another free coat? :laugh:

no coat yet!; you just reminded me!.. Andrew should be tapping cookie for a loadliner and (coat!) shortly!..
Phatnoise in and all working too; just need to find a good spot to fix it too so I wont be asking you!!...:D

So, got back today from a full days run around mid wales taking in A and B roads and the car is fantastic. In the company of some 'precious metal' as we organised a couple of runs like this through the Porshaforum (my previous hang out!).
Cars present.. Ferrari 360 spider, Porsche 997 GT3, 911 Carrera , 911(987) carrera S,Boxster S and a BMW 525 (!)..

RS4 was excellent and handling and acceleration held its own with all the above with pure ease. Head to head with the GT3 was interesting, not much in it (RS4 has 15 horses on the GT3 but its an awesome car, very light)... Sound wise, the GT's and 911's had sports pipes and sounded amazing plus the fezza needs no introduction...
Plenty of people commenting on the RS4 'bark' and scaring small children and animals!!..
This kind of a road blasting is where the rs4 is amazing, taught and flat through cornering it is very responsive. Blasted a few bikes too..

Has to be said, up until today I have dare I say been a bit 'non plused' on the RS4 over the S4 not really reaping much benifit on the motorway and local runs but a sheer blast for pleasure changed that.. its a lot better than the S4 (imo!)..
Superb... here are some pics!...

Lovely pics mate. You'l have to let me know the route so I can take the trusty diesel!

scoTTy said:
They do look stunning in black! :thumbsup:

I could afford to buy one but have you seen the latest figures they're giving for 3 year residuals :wacko:

The new M3 won't help either.

Long time no speak ...

They all look good in Black!... and what's this all about the residuals?

Show me mate cos I'm gettin really interested in a new RS4

The911SC said:
They stop making them this year so it remains to be seen if they hold as well as the B5 RS4.
No car is an investment so you have to go into these things eyes open.

Should be sometime this week...

So (not wanting to be too obviously panicking) WHEN THIS YEAR ?????

I think it is around summer time when the tool up for the rs6. There will still be some coing through after that I suspect. Still loving mine...It goes into the dealers today for some minor work and they have sent for a loan rs4 from Audi MK for me while its done...

nice pics dude id love to own all them cars, that reminds me im gunno do the lottery for 2morrow.

The911SC said:
I think it is around summer time when the tool up for the rs6. There will still be some coing through after that I suspect. Still loving mine...It goes into the dealers today for some minor work and they have sent for a loan rs4 from Audi MK for me while its done...

Thanks for responding.

I had a problem with my Screen/Headlamp washers today and I've booked it in for investigation on Monday 29th.

Whilst there I've booked in to see the Sales Team re. talk the numbers on a RS4 ... wish me luck!

Good luck. Should be able to push for a bit of a deal. Quite a few to choose from around at the moment.
One thing you do get with an RS4 is a better customer service (there is an RS4 CS person at Milton keynes). Mine is in for some minor work and I have a brand new RS4 as a loan car from Audi MK.... great!..

were those photos taken around the elan valley area? if so i love those roads i go around there in the summer on my bike, fantastic twisty roads

the photos look great, and looks like you had a good time

alan

The911SC said:
Good luck. Should be able to push for a bit of a deal. Quite a few to choose from around at the moment.
One thing you do get with an RS4 is a better customer service (there is an RS4 CS person at Milton keynes). Mine is in for some minor work and I have a brand new RS4 as a loan car from Audi MK.... great!..

Well the guy I saw today could not even spell 'customer' if he looked it up in a dictionary ... and certain lost a potential sale.

1) He opened up the conversation with "RS4 mmmm! ... it'll be the last one we sell, defending it with the last one in their allocation and Audi having stopped manufacturing. But yet manufacturers fitted options are still available - I just might be missing something here ... but it did'nt stack up to me.
3) Limited trade-in for my 'beloved' A4 3.0 Q Sport ... an insult in fact and zilch on the £7Ks worth of options bought as new.
4) Finance that was absolutely pathetic compared to the deal I could get through a purchase scheme that the company I work for provides for its employees through a partnership deal with LEX. I reckon I could save £6,200 on finance over 4 years (Monthly payments £70 less and 2,000 less on final 'balloon' payment - not that desperate!)
5) The guy did not even know the APR and 'sipped' me off by saying Audi don't sell finance we sell cars!!!!!

If they perhaps thought of the 'customer' and 'affordability' they might just sell a few more

Anyway 'down but not out' as they say.

PLAN B
1) A4 3.0 Q Sport private sale - See Signature and Avatar if you're interested for details - Exceptional condition and well looked after as the guys on this forum will probably vouch for!
2) Formal quotes from LEX tomorrow - They can deliver end April / Early May no problem.

The911SC said:

Look out for me in MK (spent a few weeks there in my time) cos the 'stealers' in Bolton have'nt got a clue!!!

I don't think these guys have the concept of people 'looking around'!

They think 'local' all the time.

Most car enthusiasts would travel the length and breadth of the UK to get the 'right' deal, especially for such a car as the RS4. The dealers have a complete lack of appreciation of what lengths we are prepared to get what we want ... few hours in the car for a viewing/pickup ... so what!

Anyway I've burn't myself out today