My new S3 Black Edition - Brilliant black

nice thread pal , really like your car just a question bud of course you've had the car for a while now 3 years? if you could change things would you of got a sportback s3 rather than 3 door? I do want to buy an s3 towards the start of next year also what mpg are you averaging now?
Hi Deze,
Glad you like it! See below for a big update...
To answer your question, at that point no I wouldn't have had a SB. Love 3dr cars, I'm a hot hatch lover so that shape has always appealed to me. In hindsight I may well have gone for an S-Tronic. With my remap I average 280miles to a tank but bear in mind I don't tend to hang about. A motorway journey will get me up around 400miles to a tank.

Last edited:
Well after three ecstatic years of ownership, I've signed on the dotted line for a new car - a Glacier White S3 sportback S-Tronic with loads of goodies - and we collect Tuesday!
Got an ok price on trade-in, the car was quite rightly graded very good, and only had to pay a token deposit to trade up.
Inchcape group - specifically Tunbridge Wells Audi - will have the car up for sale shortly so if anyone wants a looked after, very low-mileage 3dr Black Edition with Eibach springs fitted and a Shark map available, get down there!
Will float around this forum for a while too, lots of top guys and girls in the 8P world! Thanks for all the advice and banter!

Well after three ecstatic years of ownership, I've signed on the dotted line for a new car - a Glacier White S3 sportback S-Tronic with loads of goodies - and we collect Tuesday!
Got an ok price on trade-in, the car was quite rightly graded very good, and only had to pay a token deposit to trade up.
Inchcape group - specifically Tunbridge Wells Audi - will have the car up for sale shortly so if anyone wants a looked after, very low-mileage 3dr Black Edition with Eibach springs fitted and a Shark map available, get down there!
Will float around this forum for a while too, lots of top guys and girls in the 8P world! Thanks for all the advice and banter!
Thee old S3's are addictive. I'm on my second.

We nearly bought a new face lift one, but our little black beaut is still a stunning car.

I think I'll keep it a few more years yet. There's nothing else I fancy that isn't silly money..

Great write up mate.

Reactions: batch
Thanks dude, yeah I've loved any minute. Pity, yesterday on a damp, twisty country road I was absolutely flying and had a huge grin! Hope the 8V lives up to expectations!