My New S3 - Now want to fit RNS-E but where to buy?

Coupe

Reaction score
Hi guys, as prommised please find a picture of my new S3. Still getting to grips with it but loving every minuite.

I want to fit a RNS-E unit and was hoping someone could advise if its worth getting one from a retrofit company of but one off Ebay and fit it myself which is the cheaper option. I have no issues fitting it but I would need some help to code it in. Whats your thoughts?

regards
Chris

IMG 2071

I think user NHN does this sort of thing.

I'm sure he'll be along soon.

That would be me :)

Using a retrofit company guarantees warranty, whereas ebay does not as some of my clients have found out with unfortunately higher costs to fix or replace the faulty unit, it would be professionally installed (dependent on installer that is), they have the tools to do the job from start to finish.

Numerous reasons tbh, give me a shout as I can guarantee you wont be unhappy with the end product.

I can highly recommend nhn. Great guy and fantastic attention to detail. Only problem is all the gadgets on his car I want. :(

Where are you based, they are easy fit & plenty of units on ebay just need to find the right seller. Check on the VCDS map to find someone local to you.

Thanks mate, glad you're happy with the small upgrade :p

Am based in central Scotland. Will check out the map to see whos closest.

need to do it fairly cheap so happy to get a decend second hand and fit myself. Just want to make sure it will work OK so if anyone can recomend a decent ebay seller that would help.

Am based in central Scotland. Will check out the map to see whos closest.

need to do it fairly cheap so happy to get a decend second hand and fit myself. Just want to make sure it will work OK so if anyone can recomend a decent ebay seller that would help.

I think the key is to just use your noggin and check the sellers feedback, see what items they have sold previous and see if there are any negatives.

I'm certainly checking all seller feedback, was just wondering if there where any recomendations.

Thats the wife,we where out a run at the weekend in the car. I'll pass on your comments jaydav!!!

I can highly recommend nhn. Great guy and fantastic attention to detail. Only problem is all the gadgets on his car I want. :(

+1 for me, NHN(Nigel) did my RNSE install and its as good as factory. If you look at my posts you'll find before and after pics to see.

highly recommend his work and look forward to getting my next bits done.