My New S3

S3Daz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I've been viewing for a while now, though I better join.

Just picked up my Moro blue S3 last friday and I've been driving loads, it's nearly finished running in, can't wait to open it up. Moro blue doesn't seem too popular on the S3 but I think it looks awesome. I will post some pictures after I've made 2 posts.

Pictures!

S3_2.jpg

S3_3.jpg

S3_4.jpg

S3_5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Tbolt47/S3_2.jpg

Congrats on your new S3. Hope you are able to drive it well without any accidents or collisions. Stay safe and look after it =)

As for the colour, looks amazing!

Lovely colour mate, black hides the shape but even though yours is dark it suits the colour really well.

S3Daz, congrats on your new S3, look very tidy!

Did you put anything on the paint or is it that shiny with moro blue?

I notice from your pictures the neighbour across the road from you has a A3 sportsback, no s-line exterior. He/She must be getting a sore eye looking at your new S3 everyday! :keule:

Really nice car mate , are u into detaling ?

S3Daz said:
Just picked up my Moro blue S3 last friday and I've been driving loads, it's nearly finished running in, can't wait to open it up.

Congrats on your choise of car and color, it looks great!
Who told you to run the car in?
As far as I know - the harder you drive from the first mile the better it goes.

Anyone heard different?

mcmasman said:
I notice from your pictures the neighbour across the road from you has a A3 sportsback, no s-line exterior. He/She must be getting a sore eye looking at your new S3 everyday! :keule:

Plus the neighbour with the ironing-board-winged scooby, I reckon your neighbours are viewing the world with a slightly green hue at the moment :yes:

Moro blue is a superb colour, looks almost balck in certaqin lights and then the sun catches it and it looks absolutley superb with a deep vibrant blue

Looks lovely on an S3 as well :icon_thumright:

it looks like a black car with a very blue sky reflection, lol lush

Looks awsome!! But then I would say that as my Deep Sea Blue S3 has just arrived at the stealers! Think they are a very similar colour if not the same!
Just got to wait now for the 1st of Sept!

mcmasman said:
S3Daz, congrats on your new S3, look very tidy!

Did you put anything on the paint or is it that shiny with moro blue?

When I took these pics it had a coat of SRP on and one coat of EGP, it now has another coat of EGP and Megs Gold Class wax on.

madalex said:
Really nice car mate , are u into detaling ?

Not really, though I did spend over £300 in Halfords (3 for 2!) and a few bits online so I do intend spending a bit of time on the car.

When I picked it up at the dealers it was covered in dust, but that was because I'd asked them not to wash it again because when I asked them what they washed the car with they said sponges!:keule:

So when I got it home it got a lovely wash with a lambs wool wash mitt and Megs Gold Class shampoo, a polish with SRP, 2 coats of EGP and a coat of Megs Gold Class wax, Megs metal polish on the exhaust, AG polish on the windows, AG wheel seal for the wheels and AG instant tyre dressing on the tyres,:lazy: my arm was tired after that couple of days.

Stockholm said:
Congrats on your choise of car and color, it looks great!
Who told you to run the car in?
As far as I know - the harder you drive from the first mile the better it goes.

Anyone heard different?

That would be Audi, in the manual. There's plenty of idea's on running in but this is my third new car and I've always run them in fairly gently and never put a drop of oil in any of them.

My last car was a Corolla T-Sport and though I never put it on a dyno the power seem fine, just before I got rid of it I did a 0-60 of 7.8 with OAT at 23 degC (book is 8.4), would love to have tried at 15 degC.

Seems slow compared to the S3 now, though I haven't opened it up fully yet I did have to overtake some old dear today with a lorry coming the other way (didn't go above 5000 revs)- gotta love the torque:hubbahubba:

Savage said:
Plus the neighbour with the ironing-board-winged scooby, I reckon your neighbours are viewing the world with a slightly green hue at the moment :yes:

Maybe, but his scooby seems to have every mod going, I'd bet it is seriously quick.

You're probably right but it's not a new S3 now, is it ;)

Welcome to AS and congrats on the motor mate.. very nice :)

-Sal-