My new (to me) B7 Avant

i have the same car but really against dark rims, but they really suit it, love the roof bars too

Thanks guys,

I kind of failed by posting the new pics at the bottom of the previous page so I'll quote myself ..:uhm:

Car is filthy but ..

xofn.jpg

uvmp.jpg

Thanks chaps, well pleased with the autopilot management compared to my previous manual air set-ups.

Still have a list of things to do
plans are to :-

fit my cupra splitter
finish/tidy the boot build
keep an eye out for some new wheels
get some exhaust tips fabricated

I also need to get the engine looked at as it is running lumpy when warming up and sometimes smokes a bit, I've been told it could be the cam timing that needs adjusting or maybe injectors/loom but the injectors were changed by Audi a few years ago so unsure about that :s

..then it needs the DPF deleting, mapping, and then most likely a clutch

Sorry for using your thred but ... i think to delete DPF on my 56 plate 2.0 quattro tdi .... what's happen with the MOT after it ? I readed that 100% fail on the test if you haven't got it ?
Thanks in advance !

Sorry for using your thred but ... i think to delete DPF on my 56 plate 2.0 quattro tdi .... what's happen with the MOT after it ? I readed that 100% fail on the test if you haven't got it ?
Thanks in advance !

Most places will remove the internals and leave the DPF 'case' I believe so that the MOT tester is none the wiser.

Reactions: kellogz
Awesome build. Started following you on IG the other day.

Keep it up man.

Looking good!

Definitely need to get mine debadged asap. I was in two minds about it as I like my Quattro badge but today an 07 avant past me with a debadged rear followed by a B8 A4 with badges. The badges definitely cluttered up the rear!

Liking the front plate filler too. Think I need to find one of those!

Looking good!

Definitely need to get mine debadged asap. I was in two minds about it as I like my Quattro badge but today an 07 avant past me with a debadged rear followed by a B8 A4 with badges. The badges definitely cluttered up the rear!

Liking the front plate filler too. Think I need to find one of those!

debadge but keep the quattro one ?

Not much to update as my money has been eaten up by repairs.

Had to get myself a refurbished steering rack the other month as the old one decided to spring a leak due to a perished seal on the drivers side

but I did snap few new pics whilst testing my new camera lens ..

10354411_1422384911372343_2016914467_n.jpg

14322984126_673799e5ec_c.jpg

14322872576_a8f8f4bbf5_c.jpg

Thanks to another forum member Charlie, We did a deal with my old wheels and now I have these Rotors

Sticking with the OEM look

19 x 8.5 ET43

Needs 15mm spacers all round but finding it hard to find some that will fit over the weird rear B7 hubs

14806393524_1bca6c273d_c.jpg

14622136398_c72da77bfe_c.jpg

14805646711_f5af8697f3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro
Wow that looks fantastic, i think though, you need some sort of dub after market wheels to fully pull off that look.

3SDM

9082824517_4dbab711f9_c.jpg

Rotiform

8243031553_002237df3f_c.jpg

Or else put the Bentleys back on.

Wow that looks fantastic, i think though, you need some sort of dub after market wheels to fully pull off that look.

3SDM

Rotiform

Or else put the Bentleys back on.

I have, and will go through many sets of wheels so there is always a chance I will pull off this "look" you speak of. Although all my previous cars have also ran OEM ( albeit different manufacturers) wheels with Air

The 0.05 are a great looking wheel on the avant and I may go with some 19x9.5 all round in the future. BLQs however are a hideous wheel and will not be seen on my car.

bentleys were sold.

Last edited:
i think if you raised the rear a little it would look better, the wheels and car etc all look good to me just needs a nose down stance

i think if you raised the rear a little it would look better, the wheels and car etc all look good to me just needs a nose down stance

Rear will go a lot lower but is set to be almost even, I love the tucking though so its all good,

Have some after spacers pics.
final ET's are 23 front and 25 rear

14910799075_191b0cf239_c.jpg

14915299971_d3481c0d80_c.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro
holy sh*t A4 Special Edition Avant on air looks epic! - have the same car and its amazing....

no real updates, still saving to get bumper painted - looks like it will be after xmas now :(

Also thinking of selling these wheels if anyone is interested ?

I took a few pics with my go pro so thought I'd share..

15195956817_47e4768b57_b.jpg

15379284161_dc37ae3a6e_b.jpg

15359450046_858ff857fe_b.jpg

Reactions: JudderMan
Just been reading through this whole thread, got to give you full marks for all the great work you have done, looks good mate,but after all the mods etc from a external visual point of view i still prefer it in the original format at the start when you got it.
I would have stuck with the DTM wheels but just lowered things a shade and put some 10-15 mm spacer on, just my preference as i like to keep things as sutle as possible whilst retaing the the original styling.
Anyway great work and keep it up, just do me a favour and raise it up a little bit ........ cheers

rob

Erm thanks ?

Of course I raise it up to drive but when it's parked then it's aired out on the floor. That's the way I like it and the way my last 3 cars have been, I can't see that changing any time soon !

Reactions: D2NY G and DieselJake
Looks far better as it sits now (and real nice in person too!), find it funny when people think cars this low aren't on bags :lmfao: that sexy DTM bumper would be at risk with coilovers.

Any plans on which wheels you'll go for if you swap them out?

Last edited:
urggh - you ****! this looks lush, please get some straight tail pipes on this (DTM ones I'm running) damn you for that DTM front end!

looking sweet mate

Reactions: unitzero
urggh - you ****! this looks lush, please get some straight tail pipes on this (DTM ones I'm running) damn you for that DTM front end!

looking sweet mate

Ha ha ! yeah I really need to get some shiny straight tips on there. Been meaning to stop by the exhaust place for ages but not got round to it.

I do like the DTM front. should be colour matched after xmas too

test fitted them today after dremelling the old turn down tips off .. will need some spot welding as they are too big to slip on over the existing pipe.

10810050_665728993544843_757477696_n.jpg