My S1

woodybuzz

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I've had my S1 for about 3 months now and thought it was about time I posted.
Mechanically the car is pretty standard apart from a Pipercross panel filter.

I've had a few bit of paint work done.

1. Rear diffuser painted gloss black
2. Rear panel wrapped gloss black
3. Front grill painted gloss black
4. Lower air intakes painted gloss black
5. Grill surround painted satin silver.

Unfortunately my car did not come with the interior quarto kit (ex demo) but did come with the Super Sports seats (with black backs) so I've had some yellow splashed around inside too.

Anyway a picture paints a thousand words so here you go.

Cheers,
Nick

20150906_135853.jpg

20150906_135837.jpg

20150906_135915.jpg

20150906_135906.jpg

20150906_140105.jpg

20150906_140027.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesH1973, Ian Whiffen, daydotz and 3 others
Hi Nick, welcome to audi-sport.net. The car is very nice. I like the interior. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Looks good... Did you pull the plastic grill out of the air box when changing the filter

Yep, sure did, I read all the other posts so knew I had to do that.
Am now toying with one of these.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/audi/s1/s1-8x/2-0-tfsi-170kw/index.php

I had one on my A5 TDI and currently have one on my wife's 2.0 TDI Q3 and they are great.
Hopefully it might not destroy the clutch too as it's not too aggressive.

Anyone used these on a petrol Audi?

Cheers,
Nick

Get and wrap that grill surround! :tonguewink:

Nice mate.
Dont know anything about racechip but the transmission is definitely the weak point in the car.
Looking at the figures it could be a good compromise without going over 300 bhp and risk any clutch slip.

I did originaly have the grill suround in black but the front splitter and side intakes in silver looked lost.
Satin silver to match seemed to be the best option.

Will report back if i go for the racechip.

Cheers,

Really like what you have done with the front grill looks on point.
but you have made me want to go for satin rather than gloss on the boot.

How much was it to paint the diffuser?

Reactions: NoorJosef
I would be interested in the costs on painting the diffuser as well, I have mentioned to the Audi dealer I would like it done before collection but am concerned on what price they might come back with.

The other option is to wrap it when the rear panel is done but would there be any issues with heat.

I've got a mate who owns a body shop so luckly i can get mates rates :yes:
I took all the bits off (interior and exterior) and he just painted them for me.
The rear diffuser is easy to get off, only a few screw and you should be paying less than £200 to get it primed and painted.

Cheers,
Nick

I love what you've done with the car :)

Did the seat backs come off easily? And the centre console? I want to do the same with mine as although I do have the interior Quattro pack, it will come in black (the only option available with the colour I chose), and I'd like it all colour coded to the car.

Hi there,

I've now sold the S1 but am happy to help.

As for the cente cosole, I bought this kit for a steal from a forum users and just had it painted and then stuck it over the original.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...-White-2011-2013-8X0072045B-S9R-/131587482432

If you have the intetior pack this is probably all you have alredy and you may be able to just peel it off and get it painted as it's just held on with double sided tape - but please quote me on this.

As fro the seat back you just peel the leather away around the edges, it's just held on with a numbre of trim clips.
Once all the leather is off you just pull the back off as it;s just held in place by two furher clips as shown below:

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

20150815 095429 20150815 095439 2 20150815 095445

How did you go about getting the lower front splitter painted in silver?

Was that a full bumper off job?

My wife wants the same doing on her a1 but it looks like a pain of a job!

The front splittre comes painted silver as standard with the S1 Exterior Quato pack.

I did take the front bumber off to get the grill out and from memory the spliter was just attached to the the bumper with a number of screes from the underside. You might be able to get it off by just jacking the fronmt of the car up and without the need to take the bumper off.

Hmm,
Not sure. I looked underneath on my wifes car and it all looks to be one part.

Thanks anyway!

Hi there,

I've now sold the S1 but am happy to help.

As for the cente cosole, I bought this kit for a steal from a forum users and just had it painted and then stuck it over the original.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...-White-2011-2013-8X0072045B-S9R-/131587482432

If you have the intetior pack this is probably all you have alredy and you may be able to just peel it off and get it painted as it's just held on with double sided tape - but please quote me on this.

As fro the seat back you just peel the leather away around the edges, it's just held on with a numbre of trim clips.
Once all the leather is off you just pull the back off as it;s just held in place by two furher clips as shown below:

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

View attachment 85145 View attachment 85146 View attachment 85147

That's great - thanks, and thanks for the pictures - they're great.

Ah that sounds easier with the console. I'd read that you had to take the whole centre console out as they were bolted on underneath. I have the interior pack, so the bits will be there, just in gloss black.

The front splittre comes painted silver as standard with the S1 Exterior Quato pack.

I did take the front bumber off to get the grill out and from memory the spliter was just attached to the the bumper with a number of screes from the underside. You might be able to get it off by just jacking the fronmt of the car up and without the need to take the bumper off.
You are right. The splitter that comes as part of the Quattro exterior pack seems to be an add on that is fixed into position by 4nr plastic trim fixings from the underside.

Kugaman1 - does your wife's car have the Quattro exterior pack?

Are you from NI then woodybuzz? Pity you sold the S1...what are you driving now?

You are right. The splitter that comes as part of the Quattro exterior pack seems to be an add on that is fixed into position by 4nr plastic trim fixings from the underside.

Kugaman1 - does your wife's car have the Quattro exterior pack?

No mate, my wifes is an s line. Its Nano grey. She just wanted to add a little bit of colour by painting the splitter in red. However, although it looks similar, it appears to be part of the main bumper.