My s3 8l. New to the vag scene

Stokesy90

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hope all is well. got myself an s3 a few months back.. That was mapped by jabba sport at 250bhp and 300lb torque.. Just added the relentless pro4 mani with 3" downpipe and de-cat. And new ko4 beach buggies turbo Now looking at getting some 550cc injectors and popping to r-tech for stage 2 mapping. Will upload some pics later on. Also looking for some new wheels too! And coilovers. But not too clued up on the 1.8t engines yet. So any help and advice is appreciated. Cheers guys

Last edited:
A Beach Buggy hybrid turbo? won't be stage 2... and run with N75 off until you get it mapped... oh and leave the injectors off too until mapping..

<tuffty/>

How comes won't be stage 2? As said new to these engines so not too sure on them all yet. But thought if had the exhaust, bigger tip, n249 bypass and injectors along with fmic was ready for stage 2?
Well wil be speaking to r-tech about mapping either way..

Ahh right.. So it'll be off a similar map to stage 2. But custom. Makes sense. Well hopfully will be able to get down there soon and get it sorted see how she's running. So best to wait until car is at the garage for mapping to chuck the bigger injectors in?

A hybrid turbo is not a stage 2 map setup mate.... its a full custom map... stage 2 is designed for typical mods such as FMIC, 3" DP and a filter/induction...

Hybrid turbos are normally 330hp or more so require injectors and custom mapping... they also generally require rods and arguably WMI too...

550cc injectors are not normally needed on stage 2 and you are already in the throws of surpassing the mods required to support stage 2 anyway

<tuffty/>

Yea that's the 1 mate..
Just had it fitted with the new pro4 mani 3" downpipe and decat. What would you estimate it be running at once mapped? Also has forge 007 recirc. Fmic. N249. Bigger tip. Aparently had a little headwork done too before I brought it. And you recommend upgrading to the bigger injectors or leave running on standard?

Probably worth hanging on to the 550's just in case tbh... fairly sure one of those turbos did over 300 but I'd take advice from your mapper on it as they will suggest what they would feel is best for that setup..

Without rods though I wouldn't expect it to be run too hard though

<tuffty/>

I'd be happy with around 300. Don't need to go power crazy. Almost got new rods and pistons too :/. Maybe look into it further down the line. Havnt brought the 550s yet. Trying to source some. So will hold off buying them until spoken to the mapper. Thanks for the advice mate. Appreciate it :)