I pulled these fault codes of the car and all I can find out about the 2nd one p1750 is a power supply but that's it. Would anyone else know what it is
20210409 190516

Was online buying pollybushes and was looking at the front arb ones and they come in 17mm,19mm and 20mm. Which is the better size to get?
Also how do I find out the bushes I need for the control arms it says for cast control arms with 45mm OD. How do I find out if mine are cast arms is it a case of measuring the bush that's in already?

Was online buying pollybushes and was looking at the front arb ones and they come in 17mm,19mm and 20mm. Which is the better size to get?
Also how do I find out the bushes I need for the control arms it says for cast control arms with 45mm OD. How do I find out if mine are cast arms is it a case of measuring the bush that's in already?

I’ll have a look at my emails later for receipts for what I bought I’ve got cast arms and can’t remember off top of my head I think it’s 45 for cast and I think the other arms are 30? But people say to get the 30 and get the cook bot inserts for the cast arms ? Off the top of my head..
19mm is the standard size i believe
I’ve got 21mm anti roll bar from the tt roadster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydro s3
All S3’s came with cast arms I believe, it was only the early TT’s that came with the smaller bush, this was then changed due to several accidents to a larger bush. I don’t remember the exact sizes on those....

My front ARB measured at 19mm so I’ve got bushes to suit, which will be fitted by Badger5 once the car starts getting put back together

I’ve a mix of bushes, most are Powerflex black series.... some will be superpro though due to availability at the time. Heard good things from superpro and they are cheaper.

Cheers mate. I've ordered a load of pollybushes from cbauto but the rear adjustable arms are a 2 week wait.
I think the black series and pro series would make the drive a bit to harsh for me.
Didn't know that about the cast arms but that's good to know.
Any word on what stage ur build is at?

There was a pretty long wait when I ordered my rear adjustable arms from CBAuto as well around this time last year. To be fair that was purely down to covid.... everything is open now though and many businesses have been for some time. Just a back log of work I guess.

I know what you mean about the black series, main reason I was edging that way with them is because I’ll be tracking the car, I’m yet to feel how it all feels though on the road.

In terms of my build progress. Germains 2.1 is built, so Badger5 will be firing that into to car anytime soon, then there’s a few little bits they need to do to his TT. Bill said I’m next in line I’ll be popping up to Badger5 some weekends so I can take pictures and get some updates on my build thread let you all know how it’s going.

Reactions: hydro s3 and desertstorm
I pulled these fault codes of the car and all I can find out about the 2nd one p1750 is a power supply but that's it. Would anyone else know what it is View attachment 235227
That fault code kept coming up on my car as I have a smaller 18Ah battery and if the car wasn't used for a while it would pop up. I disabled it on my car in the fault codes section you can untick any code. Alternatively change the RPM that power stage faults report above. If you make it something like 900 RPM it should only show up if the voltage goes too low with the engine running. I would be more concerned at the Lambda issue.

Thats the 2nd time that limp mode has been activated. There was a new lambda sensor put in last December at Bill's so that shouldn't be faulty. I'll get the laptop out again and see if I can work out why.
Before I commit to buying these I just want to double check that these will fit OK with adapter's on them.
Screenshot 20210422 155542 Facebook

Any pictures with the caps off the centres? Make sure they are genuine.

Depending on the ET, if they are genuine they will be about ET43. So with 20mm adaptor/spacers they fit fine. Might need to get 15mm adaptor/spacer on the front though.

Our wheels are 5 x 100 aren't they mate?...I'm pretty sure they are and those say 5 x 112.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Our wheels are 5 x 100 aren't they mate?...I'm pretty sure they are and those say 5 x 112.

Yeah our wheels are 5x100 bud, but you could run 5x100-5x112 adaptors. Partially why I wanted to see the stud pattern beneath the centre cap. If they are genuine then they will only have 5 studs, all aftermarket ones came with 10 studs which meant you could fit them to both 5x100 cars and 5x112 cars.

I wasn’t 100% sure they actually made those RSTT 9 spoke alloys in a 5x112. Guessing they did as some A4’s came with them.

Find some lighter wheels those are like boat anchors.

Reactions: Farmor00 and S3AMJ
I have these sitting in my shed took them off weigh a tonne managed to pick up td 1.2 brand new pretty cheap tbh make the car look so much better, should be et38 5x100 8j I’ll go look if you want to know the et

Yeah I've saw a few sets with the multi stub pattern on them but thought I try stay away from reps and get genuine.
Never thought of the weight of them more for the look.
@S3AMJ do you mean I'd need 15mm adapters for the front and 20mm for the back?

Yeah I've saw a few sets with the multi stub pattern on them but thought I try stay away from reps and get genuine.
Never thought of the weight of them more for the look.
@S3AMJ do you mean I'd need 15mm adapters for the front and 20mm for the back?

I can second what Karl is saying about the weight. They weigh a good few Kgs each more than my Rota G-Force alloys.

I’ll be using my Rota G-Force wheels on track and my genuine RSTT wheels for everyday, that and I’ve got new tyres on them.

Depends if your wanting to keep OEM+ or full on track car really, or best of both with the likes of TD 1.2’s or similar like Brad mentioned.

Yeah if they are 5x112 you’ll need 20mm adaptors on the rear and 15mm on the front to create the usual stance, if you struggle to find 15mm adaptors for the front you might get away with 20mm, you’d need to check it with willtheyfit.com ideally first.

You can get quite decent sets of wheels off Fleabay if you look around. These would be a lot lighter than those boat anchors and will bolt straight on . Not a fan of PCD convertors on a track car, something else to fail. I bet he would probably take something between £350-400. Could just watch the ad and jump in at the last second, which is what I do.

Even on a road car you would feel the difference between those boat anchors and some decent lighter alloys.

I've no idea mate I just saw these and thought I'd like a set but don't know the name of them or the spec I'd need to get to put them on the car.
Im hoping some one on here will know the answers.

Found out they are xxr 527 18" alloys. I already have 10mm spacers on front and 20mm on the rear so I should be able to run these with theose spacers and won't need any adapters is that right? I've put the details into willtheyfit but want ro make sure before I commit to buying them that they will fit.
Screenshot 20210513 130957 eBay

Prawn has 9.75 inch XXR 530 alloys on his car . He obviously has arch extensions though. Rears on 8.75 inch shouldn't be a problem, fronts will be very close I would have thought. I run 8.5 inch wide TD alloys on the front of mine with 255 /35/18 AR1 track tyres and from a legality POV it's just about legal.

Might have to rethink that then don't want anything rubbing. I've got b8 shocks and h@r 25mm lowering springs to for on.
IMG 20210423 115948 485
20210430 153406

Car is in at the minute getting a full respray and I have a load of pollybushes coming from cbauto. Just waiting on him getting the adjustable tie bars back in stock and I'll get 2 of them. I'm also going to get a new subframe and suspension arms.
So the wheels are my last thing to sort at the minute but I'll do more research and see if those xxr ones will rub.

Reactions: Brad1011
After a lot of talking with the company about the xxr alloys he said they won't unless I use spacers then there is a chance they might. I have spacers on now so I'll try them with and without and see what looks and drives best. This is where I got them from
Screenshot 20210513 201439 Chrome

I keep these as summer wheels and the standard 17" ones as winter wheels

Reactions: S3AMJ and desertstorm
I looked into this a little while ago mate, so a DA12 machine polisher is the basic machine polisher. Depends how much you want to spend but I personally would get this -

This is what the professionals use and will last forever for the likes of us guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandra and hydro s3
I've had a DAS 6 for 10 + years, works a treat and they still make a current model which might be a bit lighter than mine :p

Love the colour mate! I’m actually going to get my Rota G-Force alloys resprayed in silver. Bring the car back to a more OEM finish.

Ah ****** hell..... I can see that now you’ve said

@LindsayJDM8L Sent them back as I took them to kwick fit ro get tyres on them and they said they won't fit the car and if I put tyres on then to see and they don't fit then I wouldn't be able to send them back.
I have saw other s3 8l's running them so not sure on what the problem was.
While I was there we put a 15mm spacer on the front and them put one of the alloys up and it was still going to hit the calipers and on the back it was going to rub on the metal plate the spring sits on.
Screenshot 20210618 182853 Gallery
Screenshot 20210618 182922 Gallery

Also thee garage I left the car into to get resprayed phoned me after a week of it being there and said can I come collect the car as he wasn't confident in doing it. I mean this is how are garages work over here utterly pathetic. If he can't spray a car he needs to close his business not much point having a spray shop but can't do it.
Car has now been parked on the drive for about 2 weks now. Sort of lost any interest in doing anything with it at the minute.

@LindsayJDM8L Sent them back as I took them to kwick fit ro get tyres on them and they said they won't fit the car and if I put tyres on then to see and they don't fit then I wouldn't be able to send them back.
While I was there we put a 15mm spacer on the front and them put one of the alloys up and it was still going to hit the calipers and on the back it was going to rub on the metal plate the spring sits on.View attachment 238543View attachment 238544
Also thee garage I left the car into to get resprayed phoned me after a week of it being there and said can I come collect the car as he wasn't confident in doing it. I mean this is how are garages work over here utterly pathetic. If he can't spray a car he needs to close his business not much point having a spray shop but can't do it.
Car has now been parked on the drive for about 2 weks now. Sort of lost any interest in doing anything with it at the minute.

That’s strange… everything happens for a reason though… could of ended up worse

While I was there we put a 15mm spacer on the front and them put one of the alloys up and it was still going to hit the calipers and on the back it was going to rub on the metal plate the spring sits on.View attachment 238543View attachment 238544

That’s annoying mate! Surely you just needed some bigger spacer to poke them out a little more to clear the calipers and inner arch on the backs?

I think you had a lucky escape with the respray, if they are D1cking about that this stage, what would it have been like if they F4cked the car up and you wanted them to remedy it.