I could have put bigger spacers on but then when it's lowered the 25mm could end up with it rubbing on the arches. I've found a better site for alloys it's called wheelbase you type ur car in and it only gives you a choice of wheels for ur car.
On a better note a spray garage that I'd talked to but where really busy phoned me today about a cancellation they have for nxt Fri 2nd so I took that and should have it back about a week and half later.
So while things where going good I booked tickets to audi in the park,booked a hotel for the weekend and boat trip is any one else on here going?

Reactions: LindsayJDM8L and S3AMJ
I could have put bigger spacers on but then when it's lowered the 25mm could end up with it rubbing on the arches. I've found a better site for alloys it's called wheelbase you type ur car in and it only gives you a choice of wheels for ur car.
On a better note a spray garage that I'd talked to but where really busy phoned me today about a cancellation they have for nxt Fri 2nd so I took that and should have it back about a week and half later.
So while things where going good I booked tickets to audi in the park,booked a hotel for the weekend and boat trip is any one else on here going?

Result mate! Awesome news all round. Very organised on the AITP front! All being well I’ll be there with my car! Things are pressing along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got these delivered yesterday. I've still the arb bushes to get and also going to get a new subframe and suspension arms before getting the shocks,springs and these on. The pollybushes and arms are from cbauto.co.uk
20210621 131155
20210621 131933

Reactions: LindsayJDM8L and S3AMJ
@hydro s3 That's frustrating I wish I could offer some insight or advice. And I definitely agree with what @S3AMJ has to say. Hopefully you'll feel motivated to tackle it again sometime soon. cheers

Reactions: hydro s3
Got the car back today from the painters and it looks perfect. They left of the audi rings and s3 badge on the boot lid as they didn't have anything good to stick them on with.
The more I look at the back the more I'm thinking of not putting them on. What are peoples thoughts on that? Wouldn't go black rings as I don't like the look of them on a dark car so would be the silver ones going back on if any.
20210802 134619

I don’t dislike the minimal look mate, maybe just put the s3 badge on and not the rings?

Thanks for input mate that's no a bad call. I will put the s3 badge on and see what it looks like. What kind of product would be good to use so its well on. Would that tiger seal be any good or gorilla glue?
Looking forward to seeing yous all at the weekend mate.

Thanks for input mate that's no a bad call. I will put the s3 badge on and see what it looks like. What kind of product would be good to use so its well on. Would that tiger seal be any good or gorilla glue?
Looking forward to seeing yous all at the weekend mate.
Don't use anything like that mate, will never get them off. Get some double sided tape.

I’d have to agree with Ian there mate, good quality 3M double sided tape for the win.

Went to AITP last weekend. Was my 1st time going over for it and glad I did. It was a good day and the weather wasn't to bad just a wee bit of rain which was over quickly.
I got to meet Ash after talking on here for years (pity no car but hopefully next year) and saw Keegan's dsg converted s3 and many other stunning cars. Will definitely be going over for next year's show.
20210808 094628
20210808 094740

Reactions: S3AMJ
Was good to finally meet you Mark! It was a good day and a good turn out, very surprised how many S3 8L’s were there, I counted 7. I was expecting more….. goes to show they are becoming rarer

Last edited:
Kinda wish I had gone now... not sure I would have brought the car though... next year though... I'll be there (probably!!.. lol)

<tuffty/>

@<tuffty/> hope you do go next time as it would be to meet you aswell.
@S3AMJ Yeah you can see they are definitely becoming more rare when you see how many other models had a good turn out. The S1's had a good turn-out and I think there was maybe 6 or 7 TT'S there lol.

Reactions: S3AMJ and <tuffty/>
Was looking at getting new wishbones for doing a complete refresh of the underneath but when I look up the part numbers I'm getting 3 different part numbers. Does it matter which I get?
Screenshot 20210816 150614 Samsung Internet
Also for the subframe there is 2 or 3 different part numbers for that aswell. Would someone be able to help as to what ones I need.

The ones you want mate are 8N0407151D and 8N0407152D which are cast left and right wish bones I believe.

The other part number is for a pressed wish bone often found on front wheel drive cars, golfs, tt’s and A3’s

Ash is correct which has the 45mm bush if I remember, I’m unsure why but I’m pretty sure cb auto do a sleeve for the cast arms to make them 30mm bushes ? I’m not actually sure what the problem was with the cast arms mine seem fine ?

Ash is correct which has the 45mm bush if I remember, I’m unsure why but I’m pretty sure cb auto do a sleeve for the cast arms to make them 30mm bushes ? I’m not actually sure what the problem was with the cast arms mine seem fine ?

I think they revised the original cast wish bones like you mentioned had a 30mm bushes which led to some handling issues and accidents for the average man, so they then changed them for 45mm bushes arms. What the CBAuto sleeves do is bring back the original feel of those Wish bones.

So must stiffen up the front no ? It’s confusing as my cars a pre facelift and I thought I’d have the early ones but they were 45mm original Audi/vw wishbones too unless the car got recalled ?

Something tells me it was only on the earlier TT’s that had the 30mm bushes wishbone arms…….

Where is people getting there meth these days apart from coolingmistuk?
I ordered 20L of there pre-mixed stuff but it came with 2 of them busted open and leaking everywhere. When I phoned to say to coolingmistuk he said he will just refund the delivery and he has now stopped shipping to Northern Ireland which makes it a bummer for me now to get meth.

Chemiphase Methanol - 99.85% Purity - Virgin Grade 5 Litres Amazon product

This is the right neat stuff needed to mix my own isn't it?

That's quite expensive.........I use jennychem £35 for 25 ltrs
Don't know how much shipping to NI will be but i reckon it'll still come in cheaperhttps://www.jennychem.com/cart

Be worth enquiring with these guys, based in Belfast. Apparently they do methanol

These guys are based in Dublin, they might be able to help you out…..

Does any one know what is the difference between M1 methanol and M5 methanol

From what I can see M1 is 99.95% methanol and M5 is not pure methanol. Be worth going on VP RACING website and see if there are and data sheets available to cross check them.

John cobley on fb (john 'cobbers' racing) is also a good shout, he'll beat any price on meth if you can provide proof of price.......I've bought from him before, only reason I use jenny chem is there 5 mins from me, the meth John sells has a very strong smell to it that I found a little over powering when mixing my ratios but appart from that it's good stuff.....tbh for what we use meth for any decent % meth will do the job, it's not like we're running meth dependant drag cars

Reactions: Brad1011
Cheers mate ill will keep his name handy for the next time.
I asked Murray motor sports about the M5 methanol and they said I be better to use M1 methanol instead of the M5 stuff in the meth kit and they will deliver it by DPD so I've 19L of that on order.

Reactions: S3AMJ and ADs3
Let’s us know how you get on with it Mark, be good to know if it’s any good. I’d imagine being VP Racing it should be good as there Octanium is probably the best octane booster you can get.

There was a guy on eBay selling them, to be honest there isn’t a lot to them and anyone could easily put something together mate. I bought mine a little while ago. The guy no longer sells them on there anymore just checked.