Just got a few parts delivered
20211015 091419
20211015 091636
20211015 091515

Thanks @Tj 0785

Car is going to get some new suspension parts and pollybushes tomorrow. Should have been last week but the guy put it of for a week
20211026 130407

I then got this Lanoguard spray to seal the underneath.
I was going to use the waxoyl stuff but heard a lot of bad reviews of it. Some say it's a nightmare to work on the underneath after using it because it stays greasy but the Lanoguard hardens after about a week to a like a candle wax.
20211020 102213

Reactions: Ian W, S3AMJ, tcg and 1 other person
Where did you get the subframe from in the end ? I’m interested to see how that wax stuff comes out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how you’ve assembled everything in its place on the drive Mark. Very exciting stuff! It’s going to handle really nicely with all those bits and bobs

@Brad1011 ended up getting the subframe from a seller in Germany. I phoned audi to get the right part number for it and then just looked for 1 with the same number. I will post up how the Lanoguard stuff goes on and how it looks after.
@S3AMJ ha yeah I liked that idea to see what all I had. Still a couple of things to get to complete the underneath but I've a mot coming up so wanted most of it done for that.

All the new suspension will make a world of difference, should feel like a different car.

Reactions: hydro s3
So got the car back today a 2 day job turned into a 8 day job. Still need to get the alignment done as he doesn't have that equipment so I have it booked in for Monday lunchtime at a different garage for that.
Doesn't drive the best at the min,
as to be expected while its not setup right yet but going over a few speed bumps does feel better so hopefully Monday afternoon I'll know better what it's like.
IMG 20211105 WA0005
IMG 20211105 WA0008
IMG 20211105 WA0014
IMG 20211105 WA0013

Reactions: tcg and S3AMJ
Couldn't get the alignment done the other day as he hadn't changed the bolts for the rear arms that bolt into the chassis. So got them ordered and fitted today then took it round and he did the alignment.
Took it for a drive after and its like night and day to how it was before the upgrades.
20211110 165443

Reactions: S3AMJ and <tuffty/>
Interesting, adjustable tie arms fitted to the top. Usually people fit them to the bottom. Don’t think it matters to much, probably just for ease in adjusting them.

You do still have quite a bit of camber on the backs mate….. was this spec’d to how you wanted it? Or what they suggested

Interesting, adjustable tie arms fitted to the top. Usually people fit them to the bottom. Don’t think it matters to much, probably just for ease in adjusting them.

You do still have quite a bit of camber on the backs mate….. was this spec’d to how you wanted it? Or what they suggested

Yeh there normally installed on the bottom. Bottom for camber, top for toe as I understand it

That is what they suggested to start with to see how I liked it. They did say I could come back and tweak it if I wanted to.
I actually asked them to fit the adjustable arms to the top cause I thought that was the way they normally went on lol.
Aw well if need be I'll order another set and put them on the bottom.

Left the car into detailer on Monday to get a 2 stage machine polish to get the sanding mark's from the respray out and a 3 year ceramic coating. I think it came out well.
20211124 154028
20211124 160321
20211124 160311

Reactions: ADs3, Ian W, Brad1011 and 2 others
Looks like they’ve done an awesome job! Mine is in desperate need of some detailers loving…. Doubt it’ll come up as well as yours though!

Wicked job mate...putting us to shame :blush:

Coated the underneath of the car rodsy with the lanoguard I got. Very easy to apply had it all done in about 15 mins
20211202 142340
20211202 142246
20211202 142557

Could someone tell me how to undo v band clamps. I've undone the bolts on them but nothing seems obvious on how they come of and don't want to break them.

Once Unbolted and a love tap they should open up mate.

I've noticed a problem with one of the spacers at the rear. It seems to have worn down on 1 side.
Not sure what has actually happened only thing I can think of is that a few months ago I had a sticking caliper not sure if it was that side though and I got both replaced so can't tell now.
Would I be right or is there something else I should look for.
Screenshot 20211203 133029 Gallery

Never seen that before! Is there any metal filings in and around there? What does it look like inside the alloy? Also what thickness are the spacers mate?

Thanks for replying mate.
The spacers are 20mm mate and there is no metal around it and the spacer feels smooth not jagged any where. I'll have a look at the back of the alloy see if there is anything in the back of it.
Just seems weird how this happened and only on 1 side.

Ah so the hub centric ring has snapped basically….. this is a little unusual for a 20mm H&R spacer. I had this happen to me using a 10mm spacer on the rear, this was because unknown to me at the time the smallest spacer you can run on the back is 12mm because the cars hub protrudes great than the spacer will allow, once all bolted up it snapped.

Almost looks like someone’s taken a hammer to them…. When we’re the wheels last off? To install your suspension?

Yeah that was the last time they where af was the suspension a few weeks ago. What do you think they dropped the rear when removing it and it landed on the spacer?

I've noticed a problem with one of the spacers at the rear. It seems to have worn down on 1 side.
Not sure what has actually happened only thing I can think of is that a few months ago I had a sticking caliper not sure if it was that side though and I got both replaced so can't tell now.
Would I be right or is there something else I should look for.View attachment 246900

If you look back to this picture, looks like someone has got a flat head screwdriver and tapped it on the bolt hole to potentially try to fetch it off…… I’m only speculating mate at the end of the day, does seem a little strange that only one has suffered this sort of issue

I'm having a problem with my rear number plate lights. I recently put in led ones I got of TJ when he was breaking his car.
My original ones didn't work and when I put the led ones they didn't either. I checked the fuse and it was blown but when I change it and turn on the lights it blows the fuse straight away. Is this a sign of a bad earth or broken wire?Or where should I start looking? Thanks for any help.

Won't be a bad earth, that wouldn't cause a fuse to blow. Could be a broken wire shorting , check the loom in the rubber boot where it comes from the hatch to thebody.

As @desertstorm says mate, could be any pinchpoint in the loom, most likely a 'short'...fuses blow when a bare positive wire touches a metal part of the car (which is negative earth) or earth wire. Have you tried disconnecting the numberplate units and then replacing the fuse and turning on the lights without them connected?...then use a volt meter to see if you are getting any power to them. If the fuse only blows when you plug them in, they must be the problem...if not, would have to trace back to the 5A fuse. The Haynes manual states Grey/Green wires are positive to the numberplate lights and brown earth wires.

Getting a very bad vibration when I'm breaking so I'm going to need to replace my discs and pads.
I'm using 4 pot brembos from a cupra r and was wondering what is other people using for discs and pads?

I had MTEC grooved discs on mine before mate and DS2500 pads, they were a pretty good combo.

Hi mate, yeah you could get them direct from MTEC themselves.

Lots of different options.

Or a quick look on eBay and there’s plenty on there, not as many different options in terms of disc cooling, etc. But I have seen good prices including Mintex pads, but I’d personally get a set of DS2500’s like you said Bill has them for sale.

I try not to order of ebay mate. I'm not convinced on the quality from some sellers. Cheers for that link.
How's ur car going haven't saw any updates lately so hope all is good.

I try not to order of ebay mate. I'm not convinced on the quality from some sellers. Cheers for that link.
How's ur car going haven't saw any updates lately so hope all is good.

Yeah that’s fair enough mate, I’m a little hesitant when buying on eBay as well. Cars been undergoing some serious restoration mate, should be collecting it this Saturday all the sills have been cut out, welded up and painted. I should get some pictures to show everyone the extent of the work at some point this week.