Facelift My S3 vs delivery lorry !!!

Scotty75

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Only had the S3 for 6 weeks and gutted to report that a delivery lorry being driven by a trainee collided with it ! S3 was parked outside my wife’s place of work, lorry was delivering to her shop . Ironically the delivery lorry is from the same company . All on CCTV thankfully. Quite a bit of damage though so god only knows what the situation will be following the damage assessment. S3 had to be recovered on a lie loader.

Near side front wing
Front spoiler
Near side front wheel and tyre
Near side Matrix LED
Nearside wing mirror

Who knows what else regarding chassis or sub frame !
Fuming and gutted barely cover it !
IMG 2444

IMG 2443

IMG 2447

IMG 2450

IMG 2453

IMG 2445

IMG 2442

IMG 2448

• Sad
Reactions: Potterswheel and Boydie
Big ouch - feel you pain.

Is the whole front bumper hanging off?

Good luck with the repair and as you say, at least no issues over determining fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty75
Big ouch - feel you pain.

Is the whole front bumper hanging off?

Good luck with the repair and as you say. At least no issues over determining fault.

Bumper is pretty much hanging off on the nearside. Hoping the damage is only body work and nothing underneath !

Out of curiosity does anyone know what insurance companies consider an economical repair ? For example, is there a percentage value versus repair ?

Looking at a couple of the photos it looks like some of the metal frame holding the front of the car are badly torn. Can’t help thinking there’s going to be considerable parts required.

Maybe I’m just worrying

I'm going to guess around £6+k repair bill as the assessment will be all new parts including the rim. I feel your pain :blue:

I was thinking nearer 8k but that’s just a guess . Assessment has been done and is with the solicitor but I don’t know the figure yet . New rim and Matrix LED already puts it at 2k before bodywork and labour.

I was thinking nearer 8k but that’s just a guess . Assessment has been done and is with the solicitor but I don’t know the figure yet . New rim and Matrix LED already puts it at 2k before bodywork and labour.
I know it’s a while ago, but in 2011 I had a fairly serious accident when I was taken out by a taxi which pulled out of a side road without looking. mine was a 6 month old A5 Coupe valued around £36k and the repair was £12k So around 30% of the cars value and it was repaired (thankfully repaired perfectly and no further issues).
Hope you get sorted and the trauma of the incident passes in time.

Looking at your headlight it looks like the standard unit not the Matrix unit .

Reactions: JohnM100
Really sorry to read that scotty. Thank goodness neither of you were in it….nightmare tho

Gutting! :( Hopefully you'll get it back right as rain. Do your research on the approve repairers near you. Some of them around my way are rubbish. MY old quattro went back several times where they completely botched fitting a new rear hatch and spraying. Terrible service.

Gutting! :( Hopefully you'll get it back right as rain. Do your research on the approve repairers near you. Some of them around my way are rubbish. MY old quattro went back several times where they completely botched fitting a new rear hatch and spraying. Terrible service.

Luckily we’ve dealt with the repair centre before with our old A3, no issues there . Called for an update today though. Originally thought the S3 would be back this week but now may not get it back till mid September. Headlight and arch liner are on back order with Audi and they are estimating 17/9/22.

Two months without a car you’re still paying the finance for , only had it 6 weeks when the damage was done. Stuck with a Volvo XC40 , man it’s the most boring car in the world

• Sad
Reactions: Damo S
Ouch! :-( I feel your pain, just got mine repaired after a Van rear-ended me. It was just bumper and tail light, and total was 4K+ so yours will easy be 8K+

So lorry driver going to pay ?

Ironically the lorry driver works for the same company as my wife and was delivering to her workplace. Admitted fault straight away, although there was CCTV as well .

All being taken care of , just waiting now . Which is frustrating as I have private plates, RS3 grille , Maxton splitter and diffusers to fit

Ouch - being without a car for that long is a pain & having courtesy car will cost them too.

Assume all mods declared? There is so much flux about mods vs factory options needing to be declared vs not being considered a mod, it’s a mess.

Paint difficult to match. Top tip from someone who knows way more about paint than me: aside from normal visual check, use a light (iPhone torch light is good for this) about 6 inches from paintwork to check paint colour and fleck match. Sadly there aren’t many sodium yellow street lights these days - they were good for showing paint issues.

Ouch - being without a car for that long is a pain & having courtesy car will cost them too.

Assume all mods declared? There is so much flux about mods vs factory options needing to be declared vs not being considered a mod, it’s a mess.

Paint difficult to match. Top tip from someone who knows way more about paint than me: aside from normal visual check, use a light (iPhone torch light is good for this) about 6 inches from paintwork to check paint colour and fleck match. Sadly there aren’t many sodium yellow street lights these days - they were good for showing paint issues.

Once I get the S3 back and fit the mods I’ll definitely be declining them . Thanks for the tip on the paint work. Navarra definitely looks a tricky paint

Been nearly two months without the S3 now , we have now changed the courtesy car to a Mercedes C200 which is pretty nice to be fair but still can’t wait for the S3 to come back !!

Once I get the S3 back and fit the mods I’ll definitely be declining them . Thanks for the tip on the paint work. Navarra definitely looks a tricky paint

Never rely solely on head on view for colour match for Navarra - the closer the angle to the paint vs an undamaged panel the better.

Never rely solely on head on view for colour match for Navarra - the closer the angle to the paint vs an undamaged panel the better.

Driver door been respirated along with new driver side wing. I’ll compare to the rear door I guess . Hoping they’ve done a good job but won’t know till mid September

Ironically the lorry driver works for the same company as my wife and was delivering to her workplace. Admitted fault straight away, although there was CCTV as well .

All being taken care of , just waiting now . Which is frustrating as I have private plates, RS3 grille , Maxton splitter and diffusers to fit
Well doesn't matter who where works .. the individual who damaged it must cash out.. simple as dat...
depends if you would get second hand in good condition or aftermarket that should do ,

Front wing £200 -£300 : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12537835...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Front spoiler £150 -£160 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23368789...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Near side front wheel and tyre : £250 : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12546489...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Near side Matrix LED £550 : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22509739...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Bumper : £215 - £300 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32388403...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Nearside wing mirror : £50 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31291585...uid=cpDMP2T2RX2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks for all the links
My S3 is in the body shop and most of the work is done, just waiting for the headlight and arch lining to come from Audi. Parts are in back order , same situation with many manufacturers in the motor trade.

The claim is all sorted to , the drivers insurance are paying for all of it .

Reactions: A-S.N Member
Good news yesterday afternoon, parts have arrived ahead of schedule and my S3 is ready to collect on Wednesday. Just hoping everything is up to scratch

Reactions: rhubarb4, Alex.S3, AlS3BE and 3 others
Collected the S3 on Wednesday and I’m happy to say the repair shop did a really good job. Looks as good as new and the Navarra paint job is excellent ! Did have some concerns about it but I inspected the paint with torch light and it’s a really good match. Even guaranteed for four years.

Fitting the RS grille tomorrow along with Maxton splitter and diffusers, looking forward to seeing the results

Reactions: JohnM100, Damo S and rhubarb4
Collected the S3 on Wednesday and I’m happy to say the repair shop did a really good job. Looks as good as new and the Navarra paint job is excellent ! Did have some concerns about it but I inspected the paint with torch light and it’s a really good match. Even guaranteed for four years.

Fitting the RS grille tomorrow along with Maxton splitter and diffusers, looking forward to seeing the results
Brilliant news bet you’re glad to have it back.

Looks spot on that. I quite fancy an RS grille for mine. Did you source one new or are they readily available used?

The grille is available online but a lot are copies . I was lucky enough to get an OEM grille second hand from another ASN member.

Reactions: Houston
I think the S3 grill looks better to be honest just my opinion . It looks a well looked after S3 :icon thumright:

Reactions: Scotty75 and Alex.S3
Saga continues…….

Had the S3 back from the repair shop for maybe six weeks. Today recovered back to the local Audi dealer by Roadside Assist.

Intermittent loss of power in 1st , 2nd and 3rd gear . Electrical system fault and battery not charging, think the alternator is screwed ! Also a loud rattling / knocking noise from around the pulley whees .

Be interesting to see what the issues are, stuck with a Q2 for the foreseeable future