My Well Groomed A4

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
IMG_20210208_143342.jpg

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User

Which trickle charger you have bought @A4A4. S4 was parked up in the garage a day before Lockdown_V_3.0 and took it out Saturday night last weekend for ‘essentials run’. The battery was fine though but the tyres were kind of stuck to the floor. Also, it was after about 3-5 hard stops that my confidence in the brakes was restored as the docs were rusty .

Although parked outside, it was pretty much the same on the A3 so, took it out for a run on Sunday.

Decided to not leave either of the cars again for that long. Going to get two chargers for both the cars so, would appreciate some suggestions / recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Decided to not leave either of the cars again for that long. Going to get two chargers for both the cars so, would appreciate some suggestions / recommendations.

Decided to go for the Maypole MP7423 smart charger. (amazon is your friend) Bought this last April and had no problems with it. Cracking little charger for the money.

https://www.maypoleltd.com/product/mp7423-4a-6-12v-electronic-smart-charger/

A lot do go for the CTEK chargers which are a bit more expensive for the same job.

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Which trickle charger you have bought @A4A4. S4 was parked up in the garage a day before Lockdown_V_3.0 and took it out Saturday night last weekend for ‘essentials run’. The battery was fine though but the tyres were kind of stuck to the floor. Also, it was after about 3-5 hard stops that my confidence in the brakes was restored as the docs were rusty .

Although parked outside, it was pretty much the same on the A3 so, took it out for a run on Sunday.

@V6_Man - I have 2 Ctek MXS 5.0 's
One is permanently attached to the X3 at the mo as its SORN'ed & the other is looking after the caravan battery which I've just brought home

If you go down the Ctek route I would use Tayna batteries - great to deal with
https://www.tayna.co.uk/battery-chargers/ctek/mxs5-0/

If you want 2 I'm sure they would do you a deal buddy :thumbs up:

Neil Woodburn

Agree with the CTEK, as Bristle Hound said - I have just one CTEK but bought for the pricey sum of £5.99 a spare connector to charge a second car.

The below connection, on my wife's A1 and my A6 which have Stop Start Batteries ( you need the correct charger for Start Start ) - red goes to battery terminal and black to earth on any body fixing or body post ( not battery ).
Just connect charger to cable fitted and done. A must if battery is in the boot as on A6.

I just alternate the charger between both cars after leaving on for 2 days - previously A6 was parked for 6 months with no movement and battery was fine.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 14.53.06.png

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
trye_question.jpg

Again a bit of topic, due to the current year most of us have had. The tyres have lasted alot longer than usual.

What are your opinions on swapping the rears to the fronts?

Rears have 5.5m tread left and the fronts both 3.5m tread on them.

I tend to buy all 4 new tyres at the same time. Bought these 4 Goodyear eagle F1's in September 2018 and have done so far 16,000 miles on them. Really pleased on how long these have lasted and been the best for wear.

How best to maximise the tryes?

Just wondering what you guys do.

Kayobong

View attachment 235744

Again a bit of topic, due to the current year most of us have had. The tyres have lasted alot longer than usual.

What are your opinions on swapping the rears to the fronts?

Rears have 5.5m tread left and the fronts both 3.5m tread on them.

I tend to buy all 4 new tyres at the same time. Bought these 4 Goodyear eagle F1's in September 2018 and have done so far 16,000 miles on them. Really pleased on how long these have lasted and been the best for wear.

How best to maximise the tryes?

Just wondering what you guys do.

If your car is FWD there's no harm in swapping, it will squeeze a bit more life from the tyres.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Been a bit dormant on the detailing front, been in some sort of detailing hibernation. Because still not got around to polishing the car this year! It's the longest I have left the car without a good decent polish.

Looking at current state the finish is not looking too bad and seem to be getting away without polishing it. In all honesty not sure its going to be done this year.

Here it is after a wash and detail spray. Love the colour and shine it gives off in the summer sun.

dustfree.jpg

But the dust! We all know it doesn't last long but get the right angle the shine still comes out through the dusty layer.

staysclean5mins.jpg

dusty1.jpg

Bought 6 of these 465gsm edgeless cloths a while back, ready for when I do the ziano zfx polish. Thought I would add an bosch air filter in the mix.

cloths.jpg

I've never changed air filter before and can't even remember when the last one was done on a service if any.
Glad I bought one, I will now be changing the filters myself in the future. Mine was filthy and shot, also had loads of leaves and bits gathered in the filter housing. Vacuumed all that out then fitted the new filter, finally finished off by cleaning the engine bay area. Job done.

filthy.jpg

filter.jpg

newold.jpg

surfex.jpg

sunduster.jpg