My Well Groomed A4

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Reaction score
The paintwork does not look to bad but not polished it since owning the car. So must be time..

Plan to attack this soon with this list:

1. Firstly give it a light degrease with BH Surfex

2. Wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner

3. Clay with a G3 Pro Body Prep Clay Mitt (lubricated)

4. Polish with Mequiars Ultimate Compound

5. Use a suitable carnauba Wax (shock) Simoniz Original Car Wax (??)

6. Finish off with Angelwax QED Quick Detailer Spray.

What method do you use?

Reactions: Fuzzyduck88
You may want try tar removal, then a fallout remover before a clay. Also follow the UC with Ultimate Polish. Simoniz Original Wax is a sod to remove. The new Autoglym UHD wax gets high praise. Only use the QD after amaintenance wash to top up. No need for it after a full decon/polish/wax.

Reactions: A4A4
You may want try tar removal, then a fallout remover before a clay. Also follow the UC with Ultimate Polish. Simoniz Original Wax is a sod to remove. The new Autoglym UHD wax gets high praise. Only use the QD after amaintenance wash to top up. No need for it after a full decon/polish/wax.

I see this list is going to get bigger!

Adding Autoglym Tar Remover and looking into getting a suitable fallout remover like Sonax.

Last week just did a quick wash & wax. So here is the current state of the paintwork. Be interesting for me to see all this effort prep/polish/etc is going to make much difference.
1EBA9284 BBE7 49FE 9BFA E0E0B819387E

Looks like weather next week is changing for the better. So hopefully get time to do the above list.

F6503997 F1BE 45A5 9173 B0DB2A1711DE

6 hours + hard labour

Reactions: dantdi and Jassyo06
Reactions: scotty76 and Bristle Hound
Just checked over the paint work for swirl marks and can’t see any. ( in sunlight and led torch)
Just a few hair line scratches and odd stone chip.

For paintwork to have no swirls in over 3.5 years is amazing. Audi paints are so good!

F0342E12 EDCD 49BD A9E4 6F369161E0FE

Hopefully when I polish it for the first time is will bring the colour out more but got to say impressed with no swirls in all that time.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The new Autoglym ultra HD wax is a sod to remove as well both times l used it dusting everywhere , then l found out the supplied applicator was too blame it just didn't bond to the wax so yer scooping up more product to compensate, but it's not worth the money in my opinion

Just checked over the paint work for swirl marks and can’t see any. ( in sunlight and led torch)
Just a few hair line scratches and odd stone chip.

For paintwork to have no swirls in over 3.5 years is amazing. Audi paints are so good!

View attachment 153362

Hopefully when I polish it for the first time is will bring the colour out more but got to say impressed with no swirls in all that time.
Bright sun lights will bring out some swirls all cars have them to a degree, are you polishing by hand ?

Bright sun lights will bring out some swirls all cars have them to a degree, are you polishing by hand ?

Yes, I will be polishing by hand . It will be the first time this paint has had any on it.

Going with Mequiars Ultimate Compound (since already bought it ready)

Searching around it has got some good/mixed reviews.

Going to ask you, but might regret it - Have you used it? And - What polish do you recommend for next time?

Yes, I will be polishing by hand . It will be the first time this paint has had any on it.

Going to ask you, but might regret it - Have you used it? And - What polish do you recommend for next time?
No l haven't used it mate but hey give it a go and see how you get on with it, you've already purchased it that's what detailing is all about triumph and defeat lol, for future use l would recommend Scholl S40 refining polish it's got minimum cut 4%,and can be applied by hand or machine, it's basically a refining/jewelling polish.... If you haven't got some for the polish l would purchase some decent foam applicators makes the job a whole lot more easier

Reactions: A4A4 and Audib5fan
The new Autoglym ultra HD wax is a sod to remove as well both times l used it dusting everywhere , then l found out the supplied applicator was too blame it just didn't bond to the wax so yer scooping up more product to compensate, but it's not worth the money in my opinion

Really? I'm surprised. I've read a lot of reports seriously praising this UHD wax over at DW, in fact not a single negative about it. Also the applicator, so much so that people are pleading with AG to release the applicator separately. I've got a lot of different waxes and sealants but I'll certainly be getting this UHD wax too

Really? I'm surprised. I've read a lot of reports seriously praising this UHD wax over at DW, in fact not a single negative about it. Also the applicator, so much so that people are pleading with AG to release the applicator separately. I've got a lot of different waxes and sealants but I'll certainly be getting this UHD wax too

Just my opinion mate, as for the applicator almost identical ones are available on the net, in my opinion the applicator is poor why? its too tall,there's no feeling of the paint surface through it and it doesn't bond to the wax the way a more porous foam applicator does , the contact surface of the applicator is like a dense soft rubber in its texture and to its touch, like some of them cheap sweets in the shape of a fried egg kids eat, and leave it on too long dusting everywhere .. .. £44 is £10 less than l paid but a bargain if you like waxing. Remove the dusting and the applicator it would the Carlsberg car wax

Reactions: Audib5fan

ive used mequiars u/compound and will vouch for it also applied by hand very time comusing used the meg pad aswell which were great.

@jassyo06 - Does that mean you could drink it then ? :superman:
lol
Ha ha after applying this wax you'll need a few pints .... Way all the dust yuv snorted up, aye yer car looks like it's been covered by Charlie!! again the applicator is still pants lol

Reactions: NevMan and Audib5fan
Took only 3 hours by hand..

Did this combo:

1. Firstly give it a light decrease with BH surfex

2. Washed with autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner

3. Applied some autoglym tar remover

4. Clayed with a G3 pro prep clay mitt

5. Polished with mequiars ultimate compound

6. Finished off with angelwax qed quick detailed spray....Really wanted to seal with ‘carpro reload’ but didn’t arrive in time. So will have to do it next week.

Here are the result pics:

39D2D7FE C9BB 4807 B292 D0679E71FD9C

84B123E7 0338 438A A3B2 78EDB0F16A5A

EFF8E63D 116D 4EB7 AA7B FC30345B2B72

58C969E0 1869 40FC B4BB 4B81AE418D91

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, scotty76 and 4 others
Took only 3 hours by hand..

Did this combo:

1. Firstly give it a light decrease with BH surfex

2. Washed with autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner

3. Applied some autoglym tar remover

4. Clayed with a G3 pro prep clay mitt

5. Polished with mequiars ultimate compound

6. Finished off with angelwax qed quick detailed spray....Really wanted to seal with ‘carpro reload’ but didn’t arrive in time. So will have to do it next week.

Here are the result pics:

View attachment 153624

View attachment 153625

View attachment 153626

View attachment 153627
Daytona at it best mate,l gave my mum's Daytona a wee maintenance wash this morning,then l gave it a spritz of Dodo juice futor armor.....it was spectacular in the sun,l do think Daytona suits a sealant type covering more than a wax

Reactions: SiPie, NevMan, Audib5fan and 1 other person
Tips cleaned with a bit of tar remover and WD40 then polished up with Autosol.

333CDDE7 CE73 45A9 8366 66D4C9737B14

Reactions: Eldeano2, Pook, NevMan and 4 others
Took delivery of a 400ml bottle of 'Carpro Reload'
31WimpaEVkL.jpg

How much should I use to give the car a good coating?

Took delivery of a 400ml bottle of 'Carpro Reload'
31WimpaEVkL.jpg

How much should I use to give the car a good coating?
Less is more when l use say dodo juice future armour l use very little, apply to one panel at a time, also 3 cloths is mandatory, one to apply, one to buff off normal microfibre cloths will do for these two parts, then a quality buffing cloth "Eagle edgeless" to finish it off

Reactions: Audib5fan and A4A4
Less is more with Reload. Spritz and wipe off. If it smears an additional spray and wipe should do the trick.

I used to also use Reload as a post wash top up diluted 1:1 with water (50/50 if you prefer that notation). Spray on to wet paint and wipe off.

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Less is more when l use say dodo juice future armour l use very little, apply to one panel at a time, also 3 cloths is mandatory, one to apply, one to buff off normal microfibre cloths will do for these two parts, then a quality buffing cloth "Eagle edgeless" to finish it off
Less is more with Reload. Spritz and wipe off. If it smears an additional spray and wipe should do the trick.

I used to also use Reload as a post wash top up diluted 1:1 with water (50/50 if you prefer that notation). Spray on to wet paint and wipe off.

Thanks, will give this a go soon. When the 'Eagle edgeless' arrives and a free day.

Thanks, will give this a go soon. When the 'Eagle edgeless' arrives and a free day.
Eagle edgeless great buffing cloths but work best after a wee wash, l hand wash all my cloths now , as in past the Mrs has ruined a good few Grrrr lol

Reactions: MattSedg and Audib5fan
This forum is costing me some serious £'s. Have now ordered some eagle edgeless (Ok, they aren't that pricey, but all adds up) :blackrs4:

Reactions: V6_Man, Audib5fan and Jassyo06
This forum is costing me some serious £'s. Have now ordered some eagle edgeless (Ok, they aren't that pricey, but all adds up) :blackrs4:
Yeah it all adds up l have 20 of them all very new and 10 of them are still in the wrapper and ones l have used still look new if you look after them mate they are worth the money

Reactions: NevMan
Never actually visited or even glanced at this forum ie detailing world, l get all my tips and recommendations directly from 2 Pro detailers one is on YouTube and the other owns a online detailing shop, l think being on this forum consumes enough of my time lol

Reactions: V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Ah, that would explain why you have shelves stacked with product :cheerful:

On my way over there now :yum:

Weather still not good enough to get to apply the sealant. So l thought to spring clean the interior.

Autoglym interior shampoo picked for the carpets seat fabrics and dash.

420ECC53 C63A 4AA7 A3CF 4516C36DADBB

Next the leather cleaned and conditioned

6BE93537 1CC2 4176 8F8A 267D01030484

Just used these 3 products

5A7E2AEB ABCE 4731 A492 D34AA400AE12

303A0CBA 0DCC 4445 8927 BD27640A159E

Reactions: Pook, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
After giving the interior a good spring clean, Noticed when the sunlight hits the mmi screen it shows up a few hair line scratches on it. Mostly at the bottom ( see pic )

Anybody know how to remove them ?

Or is it to late the damage is done and not to touch it.

1118224D C550 4651 ABD4 82286ADC2FD5

After giving the interior a good spring clean, Noticed when the sunlight hits the mmi screen it shows up a few hair line scratches on it. Mostly at the bottom ( see pic )

Anybody know how to remove them ?

Or is it to late the damage is done and not to touch it.

View attachment 154509
Best leave well alone mate damage is done like you say

Reactions: A4A4 and Audib5fan
Best leave well alone mate damage is done like you say

Thought I put the question out anyway.

All these detailing wizards on here, maybe someone had some 'magic' solution.

Very nice car and one of the best colours me thinks.:thumbs up: If you want to take your paint to the next level then I would recommend a DA polisher and depending on your budget you can’t go wrong with the Zaino brand. Z2 then top up with z8. Will blow you away. With Zaino the prep has to be spot on, so take car paint to bare again and then go ahead. If you want something in the cheaper range the I would highly recommend the Serious performance range, cleanser polish and then the nano seal. You can find them on Fleabay but not Zaino.