Q3 myAudi App map destinations

S3GCN

Reaction score
This applies to my RSQ3 but presumably the process is the same for all Q3 variants hence the post where I thought I’d get most views.

Does anyone use the myAudi app for navigation, as in sending destinations to the car from the phone app. That’s going to be very useful for me as I go to some remote locations where the postcode is inaccurate, so pinpointing the location on the map on the phone then sending to the car is ideal. But from the attempts I’ve had so far the destination takes a while to get to the car, and when it arrives it flashes up as a notification which is easy to miss and then disappears. I cannot then find the received destination on the nav in the car. Does anyone know where received destinations are stored in the nav system in the car?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I use it, but sometimes the car will forget the Audi log on and request it again which is a pain, you will also have to wait for the car to make the connection and download the data.

I usually start car and wait a minute or two before going to navigation to load the address to give it time to sort itself out.

Reactions: S3GCN
I've been told that I can't use the myAudi app with my 66 plate Audi A3, do either of you have knowledge on this as I wanted to be certain what I'm being told is correct?

I've been told that I can't use the myAudi app with my 66 plate Audi A3, do either of you have knowledge on this as I wanted to be certain what I'm being told is correct?

You have been told utter garbage - of course you can use it! There is just one limitation - the car can only be associated with one 'MyAudi' account so if you didn't have the car from new and the previous owner didn't remove it from their account then it won't work. Audi CS or the dealer should be able to fix this for you.

You have been told utter garbage - of course you can use it! There is just one limitation - the car can only be associated with one 'MyAudi' account so if you didn't have the car from new and the previous owner didn't remove it from their account then it won't work. Audi CS or the dealer should be able to fix this for you.
Thank you!!! I just not long got off the phone to them and all is much clearer. You are right it can be linked to the car but not in the way I wanted it to be. I wanted to be able to remotely lock and unlock the vehicle as well as a lot of the other features that come with the myAudi app but unforunately this has to be requested to be included in the spec at the point of purchase. To renew the licence for Audi Connect is over £100 a year which isn't worth it fo rme. Nevertheless, I think I'll be deleting the app as it won't be of much use to me given what I wanted it for.

Most welcome, I wouldn't be so hasty as to delete the App from your phone as it has other useful features like confirming where the vehicle currently is on Google Earth, service history and service recommendations, vehicle specification and factory fitted options.

You will not have many features though, car info, service record and you might not have myaudi send destination to the car either as I believe this might have commenced with the b9 a4 as they don't share the same mmi systems..

You will not have many features though, car info, service record and you might not have myaudi send destination to the car either as I believe this might have commenced with the b9 a4 as they don't share the same mmi systems..

Had the 'Send destination Function' on my 2013 and 2014 SQ5s and my 2015 RSQ3... it's been a feature for years! To be fair though it has had a flaky history - some versions of the App have functioned better than others.

You are correct, my memory failed me. I also had a 2013 A3 saloon and I still had the brochure from back then so was able to look it up...

Reactions: cosmicblue
Had the 'Send destination Function' on my 2013 and 2014 SQ5s and my 2015 RSQ3... it's been a feature for years! To be fair though it has had a flaky history - some versions of the App have functioned better than others.
Did you actually get it to work though John?
In both my 2015 SQ5 and 2016 RSQ3 I can send it from the myaudi, it appears in the car but the destination can't be set so never had it working!

Did you actually get it to work though John?
In both my 2015 SQ5 and 2016 RSQ3 I can send it from the myaudi, it appears in the car but the destination can't be set so never had it working!

Yes Ju. You have to tell the head-unit to go and look on the 8U, setting it as a destination wasn't an issue. Used it for navigation to shooting grounds in remote places - worked well. On the F3 it pops up without prompting...which is what you'd hope for isn't it?

Yes Ju. You have to tell the head-unit to go and look on the 8U, setting it as a destination wasn't an issue. Used it for navigation to shooting grounds in remote places - worked well. On the F3 it pops up without prompting...which is what you'd hope for isn't it?
I can see it in the car no problem but I just get this everytime...got the same in the SQ5 too, wonder if its a samsung/android problem?
20210217 173835 copy 1470x3024

Ahhh...I have a suspicion...I used to send mine from my desktop PC, I've never tried it from the mobile App....

Reactions: -Ju-
Good point!
I'll try it from the myaudi website from my phone!