Myaudi app / mmi app says my windows are open

AndrewMD

Reaction score
Myaudi app keeps alerting me that my rear window is open and it's not. The alarm has also gone off. My window is definitely shut tightly.

Andy ideas on how to solve this?

Cheers

You could try resetting the window controller for the fully open / closed positions.

Open window fully, keep holding down button at the bottom for at least an extra 10 seconds (can’t remember exact duration). Then same closing it - hold button at the top for at least 10 secs. The should tell the controller where fully closed is.

Nope that hasn't worked!

Anyone else know of anything, or is it a trip to the dealer?

Cheers

If the alarm keeps going off then that’s probably a trip to the dealer in itself but I often find the MMI app will sometimes tell me that a window is open because it hasn’t updated and even after refreshing it, it will sometimes take a while to sort itself out.

Same here it’s not the best at updating, if you refresh it a couple of times it usually sorts it out.

Its a flawed app at the moment anyway and audi are still working on it...

Its a flawed app at the moment anyway and audi are still working on it...

Working on it slowly, if at all.
In what other industry would you get away with putting a deeply flawed piece of software out in the market. Imagine if Apple/Google updated their operating system and omitted to include provision for your favourite social media app.

Good connectivity is about the only area in which Audi had clear water between themselves and other manufacturers, IMHO. They've screwed up the app, both on the mobile phone and PC platform, which is why my replacement in 6 months will likely not be an Audi.

I think they sent an update out now haven't they? My App won't connect anymore, neither does the website. So much for 3 years free with the S5, it doesn't even work!

They’re still playing catch-up. BMW has had connected drive since the launch of the E92 and their apps are miles better than the Audi one. Audi have even got two different apps that do the same thing. Total mess.

I logged out and back into the app and its fixed my issue, not much help for the windows open issue but I did have that once after disconnecting the battery till I re-calibrated them and cleared the DTCs

I had the window open to start with , then every thing was open when locked on fob.I just locked using the app and it all cleared.Been fine since.