Mystery leak...

random101

Reaction score
Okay so i have some leak for some time...

I wasnt sure if it was coolent or just the aircon.. so i never thought too much of it.. it was at the left front wheel..

so i put my hand there tonight to try find the source.. it was extremely wet if i followed the ABS rods down as they bend under the chasy

any ideas what this leak could be? i wouldnt imagine it would be brake fluid as.. well... i would be around a few trees by now (brakes feel very soft but break perfectly (well i get a little wobble here and there..) but the amount that has leaked it would have to be empty 10 times over now..

You sure it's not just surface water that's on there? Or water running down from the windscreen?

hmm wouldnt say so.. didnt use my wipers for a while.. but possibly.. although..

the hand that was touching it did get a bit of stinging on my cuts.

but completely orderless.. and i think it was behind the firewall.. its in that area.. .

Well have you checked all oil/water/fluid levels? Could it be fuel? Have you noticed less mpg?

fuel would smell.. coolent levels seem fine, havent check brake fluid levels yet.. :jester:

i have heard of the washer bottle leaking at the bottom near the motor. Also could it be fluid from the head light washers leaking and running inside the bumper and under tray?
Just keep an eye on all fluid levels.

it did feel cool.. not cold and not warm

(coolent would be pretty warm!), put it this way it was dripping neough to see black dots spaced 1m apart for about 25m where i drove up my drive did a 3 point turn and parked..

there was a nice trail of it.. i dont think its the head light washers,

there is a hole near the DV vlave that your arm can fit (follow the brake pipes) when they bend 90 degrees thats where it is that whole area was pretty wet) could my heat exchanger be leaking?

i have had temperature issues.. where it doesnt get to temperature sometimes .. takes at least 10min to get to 90 but sometimes it might hang around 70.. anyhow ill try work it out tomorrow during the day

cheers

You sure its not just fluid from the air con, when do you notice it??

Whenever ive been for a run in the car and leave it for a while, i see a patch of water under the front of the car....sure its condensation or something like that.