Mystic Blue S3 Saloon

Nice nice M sport package and 20s very mean looking, best not kerb one of them .... .or worse break one ££££££ lol
Yeah a must have for me or it would have been a no go. Makes it much more aggressive looking.
Yeah I’ll have to be even more careful. Got 1 year warranty on the wheels to cover me

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yeah a must have for me or it would have been a no go. Makes it much more aggressive looking.
Yeah I’ll have to be even more careful. Got 1 year warranty on the wheels to cover me

All the best with the new car mate....you'll love driving it, even a BMW Diesel drives better than a petrol Audi,only downside in my opinion is....its white....lol

Reactions: James.B8
SOLD!!

Very sad day few days ago...the car went. Miss it already. Was a great car and I’d have another in a heart beat but with commuting and house plans it made sense to get rid of the car... :cry:

Got the replacement lined up!
A BMW 330d xdrive. Nice looking car and hopefully quick enough not to bore me to death. And the saving in money will help ease the pain of that boring interior.

Hopefully be back to the Audi club in a few years with an RS badge maybe...

For now here’s some photos. Getting it delivered on Tuesday.

Cheers, James View attachment 150426View attachment 150427
Lovely 3 series M Sport. What happened to the S3 - did you sell or trade in?

Enjoy the oil burner!

My main saving is on the finance and insurance to be honest. Fuel I averaged 27-33mpg so hopefully get around 40mpg in the 330d.

Anything lower powered and I’d get bored too quickly. I’ll see how I go though.
Sorry read that as 335 for some reason. It’s a great looking car, I prefer it visually over the S3, enjoy.

All the best with the new car mate....you'll love driving it, even a BMW Diesel drives better than a petrol Audi,only downside in my opinion is....its white....lol
Hope so! Yeah white wouldn’t be my first choice but easy maintenance and goes well with black details

Sorry read that as 335 for some reason. It’s a great looking car, I prefer it visually over the S3, enjoy.
I did look at the 335 but decided against it due to cost.
Thank you. I still prefer my s3’s looks but both are great looking cars IMO

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
It’s here. Drive is lovely. So smooth and power delivery is great with all that torque.
Feels only marginally slower than the S3 but in every day driving you wouldn’t even notice to be honest.
Looks great I think (other than all the swirls...)
65A2288C E23D 454C 8FC3 144363EDEC6A

Reactions: Bristle Hound, TYb, rvtb101 and 3 others
It’s here. Drive is lovely. So smooth and power delivery is great with all that torque.
Feels only marginally slower than the S3 but in every day driving you wouldn’t even notice to be honest.
View attachment 150756
Swirls .. Well ye know what you have to buy now a 900 watt Das 6 Pro plus polisher kit.... Lol car looks awesome mate, l love BMW's steering wheels far better than Audi's as are the dct paddles enjoy

Swirls .. Well ye know what you have to buy now a 900 watt Das 6 Pro plus polisher kit.... Lol car looks awesome mate, l love BMW's steering wheels far better than Audi's as are the dct paddles enjoy
Good jobs it’s white and they don’t show up so much!!

Cheers I think it looked better in person with the kit etc. Yeah it’s nice. The paddles feel much better and they’re larger. Only thing I hate is the indicators. Never seem to cancel when I want

View attachment 150756
im not the biggest beemer fan but i gotta say that does look good, very beefy looking

Reactions: Jassyo06 and James.B8
Good jobs it’s white and they don’t show up so much!!

Cheers I think it looked better in person with the kit etc. Yeah it’s nice. The paddles feel much better and they’re larger. Only thing I hate is the indicators. Never seem to cancel when I want
Unusual as l didn't think BMW's had indicators lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
View attachment 150756
Very nice, skirts really set it off

Well the BMW has gone now too...

Ever since I sold the S3 I missed it. Was such a great looking car and so capable! That colour was just something else!

Just bought a house and thought I’d treat myself to another new toy. I won’t be using it as a daily due to the miles I do so I have an old banger for that.

Just placed a deposit on this Mercedes AMG C43 Saloon. Got all the options I wanted including sports exhaust, which sounds incredible! Obviously doesn’t look as exciting as a C63 but I have a few plans for it.

With a 69% rear wheel drive bias it should be more fun to drive than the S3 as well. Lots of lovely burbles and cracks and pops from the sports exhaust.

FBB5D690 F77E 4570 90BF C6A0B97DB93E

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, Terminator x, SPIKE_ and 4 others
Mercedes AMG C43 Saloon
How comes you went for a saloon over a coupe? With most mercs I seem to prefer the coupe shape (especially the C43) or was it just a case this one had the specs you wanted so happy days? I'm sure you'll enjoy it, great car to drive was on my list before the S5.

How comes you went for a saloon over a coupe? With most mercs I seem to prefer the coupe shape (especially the C43) or was it just a case this one had the specs you wanted so happy days? I'm sure you'll enjoy it, great car to drive was on my list before the S5.
I like both shapes but to be honest I didn’t think the coupe was worth spending an extra couple of grand on even though I probably do prefer it. I got this one for a bit of a steal as well so was too good to miss. Happy with the spec so hopefully a few tasteful mods will make it as sporty and aggressive as the coupe.

Reactions: Adam14 and Jassyo06
Good to hear from you James. Forgot about your S3 thread, and just reminded me how beautiful your Mystic Blue car was. Enjoy the MB :icon thumright:

Out of curiosity, how did you find the BM?

Good to hear from you James. Forgot about your S3 thread, and just reminded me how beautiful your Mystic Blue car was. Enjoy the MB :icon thumright:

Out of curiosity, how did you find the BM?
Thanks @SPIKE_S3
Will do! I’ll post some better pics up when I’ve collected it.

Yeah it was a good car but very dull. Made me miss my S3 which wasn’t exactly the most exciting car ever performance wise. The BMW was quick enough when you wanted it to be but due to the lack of sound and it being a diesel I never really had the desire to ‘push’ it so I may as well of bought a 2.0 litre diesel. It was a great commuter for on the motorways and I averaged around 42mpg. BMW don’t come close to Audi’s interiors though and the seat were not very comfortable.

Reactions: Adam14
Cold start of my new C43. Sounds mega on the initial cold start. So much fun to drive just playing with the exhaust notes on up and down shifts. Crackles and pops sound lovely on the downshifts.

Reactions: BarryG79 and TYb
Cold start of my new C43. Sounds mega on the initial cold start. So much fun to drive just playing with the exhaust notes on up and down shifts. Crackles and pops sound lovely on the downshifts.

Does it have the AMG performance exhaust or not?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Does it have the AMG performance exhaust or not?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
No it’s just got the Sports Exhaust. Still sounds lovely just doesn’t rumble and crackle quite as much.

Reactions: Adam14
Love it.
I keep looking at the c43 and cla 45 after changing a merc for the s3. It was between the 3 and I chose the s3. I've only got 1,000 miles on the s3 and I've had 4 cars in 3 years so I need to start keeping them but wish I'd have got another merc.
Next time.

Love it.
I keep looking at the c43 and cla 45 after changing a merc for the s3. It was between the 3 and I chose the s3. I've only got 1,000 miles on the s3 and I've had 4 cars in 3 years so I need to start keeping them but wish I'd have got another merc.
Next time.
Yeah I’ve had Audi’s and then the beemer so I thought I’d give Mercedes a go. No regrets so far. Absolutely love it. Feels a fair bit quicker than my S3 too which is nice

Yeah I’ve had Audi’s and then the beemer so I thought I’d give Mercedes a go. No regrets so far. Absolutely love it. Feels a fair bit quicker than my S3 too which is nice

Are you still enjoying the c43 James? I've paid a deposit on a pre reg c43 estate. I wanted one about 4 cars ago, kept buying something else and I haven't used the s3 hardly at all so thought I'd go for it

Are you still enjoying the c43 James? I've paid a deposit on a pre reg c43 estate. I wanted one about 4 cars ago, kept buying something else and I haven't used the s3 hardly at all so thought I'd go for it
Yeah loving it. Some times I do wish I went for the C63 purely for the looks but the C43 is just so useable and is still good fun to drive. Would definitely recommend

Reactions: SaraS3