N249 and Stereo Questions

Pasteurised

Reaction score
Hey guys 2002 S3 BAM.

To bypass the N249 do I just need to put a hose connector on this pipe then run vac hose straight to the DV.

dlFGauj.jpg

Also looking at installing an android auto headunit, I have the facia plate but I think I need a smaller faceplate for the climate control and obviously remove the small storage thing.

bPyVqZU.jpg

I just connected a silicon hose from the bottom of the inlet manifold (although this may break the plastic trim in-front of inlet if bolts seized and the dipstick holder) and ran that to the DV, and you leave the valve tie-wrapped to something around the charge pipe.

Can I ask why you are removing it? is it for cosmetic or because it is leaking? I didn't think it did anything apart from cutting the turbo in the case of an accident but the fly by wire already does that; until I read an article which suggested it holds the boost between 1st and 2nd gear changes to promote smooth acceleration.

I'm taking the car for a stage 2 remap and the place has told me to delete the N249.

You do realise there is a How-To in the FAQs for N249 bypass? and you don't 'need' to do it for a stage 2 map

As for your stereo issue you will need a double DIN cage and aircon unit to do it properly... there are a few people that have fitted aftermarket double din headunits so a search should help you get more info...I converted mine from double din to single din then back to double din so I could retro fit an RNS-E unit... details in my thread of course

<tuffty/>