N249 boost pressure control valve issue

Gaz78

Reaction score
After some help please guys.

Ive had 2 codes on my car, one for EVAP with code P0441. So today I've fitted a new purge valve. I've only used the car once, but noticed it started faster (apparently bad purge valve cause starting issues), and seems to idle nicer.

The other code is:
Boost pressure control valve (N249)
P2261 Mechanical malfunction.

Now I'm confused as to whether this means I need a new n249 valve, as after some researching people are saying to change the DV as this can throw the code??

Anyone able to offer some advice please??

Out of interest the car seems to drive fine, and is running a bluefin map.

Thanks in advance chaps :icon thumright:

Gaz

Have you changed the DV? I'm pretty sure the N249 is the DV - well, the electrical part of it.

Change it out for a genuine Revision G and see how you go.

Reactions: Gaz78
Have you changed the DV? I'm pretty sure the N249 is the DV - well, the electrical part of it.

Change it out for a genuine Revision G and see how you go.

No not changed it (yet). Although It seems a good idea to change it anyway I think from reading on here.

Gaz

Ok just dug a bit further and it looks like what you said is correct....the N249 is the diverter valve.

I will do a couple more scans on the car over the next few days though I think, as it says on my logs that the frequency of the fault was 5. Although last time I scanned was 3 months back so it could be more now.

Thanks for your help mate

Gaz

Take it off and inspect, it is probably cracked diaphragm. Rev D (piston type) is also fine, I recently replaced this valve on my A3.

Very common, just replace it asap. Don't boot the car as it will over boost and may cause long term damage to the turbo.

N249 can stick too towards the end of its travel , you can use a vacuum gauge to see if it holds vacuum , and also use a 12v source. The sticking can also be in the form of not fully travelling in a direction = incorrect functionality .

Nothing wrong with putting some oil on the piston and actuating it on and off a few thousands times to help free it up.