N249 bypass help aum

Kris6383

Ze germans are here
Reaction score
Sorry guys and gals, you've all heard this a million times before. I know, would like to clarify i am a builder and I kno jack s#%t about cars but I'm learning, I'm baffled with this simple n249 by pass on an aum a3 1.8t, I've been following the guide on ukmkivs.net, it's the only one that sort of made sense, there are two nipples under the manifold one nearest the front I've put my silicone hose on too, what happens with the back one as I've cut the pipe, and can't remember where it went from or too And what is the hell is a t piece used for if plumbing on the fpr is bad, sorry for being a dumbass, I require your help!!!!!!!!!
All help extremely appreciated

I did mine on my s3 so not sure if it's the same as your a3 but can't be that different.

Forget the guide. All that does is confuse a really simple job imo. Forget the t piece as well. That's for plumbing a boost gauge in which your not doing.

N249 bypass is simply running a vac hose directly from a nipple on the bottom of the inlet mani to the the nipple on top of the dump valve. That's it.

Vac hose spaghetti junction on top of the engine can go in the bin but the electrical boost solenoid valve must remain plugged in. Just locate it out of sight.

Thank you mate
I did mine on my s3 so not sure if it's the same as your a3 but can't be that different.

Forget the guide. All that does is confuse a really simple job imo. Forget the t piece as well. That's for plumbing a boost gauge in which your not doing.

N249 bypass is simply running a vac hose directly from a nipple on the bottom of the inlet mani to the the nipple on top of the dump valve. That's it.

Vac hose spaghetti junction on top of the engine can go in the bin but the electrical boost solenoid valve must remain plugged in. Just locate it out of sight.
great stuff. thanks a lot mate.

I did this years ago on my aum so check my old posts as im sure i did a write up.

What exactly are you getting stuck with as im sure i took loads of pictures that could help you out.

I did this years ago on my aum so check my old posts as im sure i did a write up.

What exactly are you getting stuck with as im sure i took loads of pictures that could help you out.
I've done it now pal thank you. I was trying to figure where the back nipple on the manifold went to as I couldn't remember where i took it off from, but obviously it was the fpr, I had to change this as the hose was knackered. I connected from the n112 into sai metal pipe, then from the other port in n112 in to the oneway valve then into a T then into the inlet manifold front nipple from the T to the dv,
Thanks again

Last edited: